GreaseSpot Cafe

Web page with all the facts?

JustThinking

In looking for good information on TWI, there is a lot of information on the web but it's pretty scattered. Is there a site similar to WayDale that puts all of this in one place? Or even just a complete look at one aspect such VPW's education? Not just rumors, etc. but factual evidence people can see? Court documents, transcripts, etc.?

For example, from the information that can be given publicly, it seems VPW's bachelors degree only included one or two theology classes. I don't have a transcript but that's the type of thing that would be really valuable. That might have more impact than stories from someone who left TWI 20 years ago. Not that it isn't important but there's no denying the affect WayDale had on people like myself.

Let's also not overlook Karl Kahler's well done book on the topic, "The Cult That Snapped".

That might be a good question to also pursue, namely, how many hard-copy books and exposes have been done on the topic of twi.

I'm aware that there are a few written dissertations out there that refute the Way from a doctrinal standpoint.

And I suspect there are a few books which remain to be written, on any number of areas which might be expanded.

John Jeude's site is perhaps the best when it comes to VPW's plagiarism. But even there, he's hardly scratched the tip of the iceburg (check out "Is Cancer a Devil Spirit?" in the doctrinal thread, esp. on the topic of W. Branham).

Danny

• 5 years later...

In looking for good information on TWI, there is a lot of information on the web but it's pretty scattered. Is there a site similar to WayDale that puts all of this in one place? Or even just a complete look at one aspect such VPW's education? Not just rumors, etc. but factual evidence people can see? Court documents, transcripts, etc.?

For example, from the information that can be given publicly, it seems VPW's bachelors degree only included one or two theology classes. I don't have a transcript but that's the type of thing that would be really valuable. That might have more impact than stories from someone who left TWI 20 years ago. Not that it isn't important but there's no denying the affect WayDale had on people like myself.

Does anyone know about the Corp grad who killed 3 people and was in prison STILL receiving TWI teaching tape?

In Karls book it said he could be out for parole in 2006?

JT, that seems to assume far too much importance for the guy. Yes, he affected all our lives, but he wasn't the Prez of anything important, that he should have such a dedicated web page. Whoever put such together would be either a dedicated VPW worshiper or a dedicated VPW hater and neither would be reliable.

Have you checked out the Wikepedia entry?

Whoever put such together would be either a dedicated VPW worshiper or a dedicated VPW hater and neither would be reliable.

Now Twinky dear - while I am not a dedicated Dr. Cyclops hater - I must say that it makes for reasonably good comedic entertainment here at GSC to read some of those excellent anti-cyclops posts.

JT, that seems to assume far too much importance for the guy. Yes, he affected all our lives, but he wasn't the Prez of anything important, that he should have such a dedicated web page. Whoever put such together would be either a dedicated VPW worshiper or a dedicated VPW hater and neither would be reliable.

Have you checked out the Wikepedia entry?

Twinky,

Someone bumped this thread to the top. I actually posted the question six years ago when I was new to this site. But, no, I hadn't bothered. Being here helped me get all of the questions answered that I think can be answered. Thanks though!

JT