GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

Moon Girl, nice to see ya. Hope you're not overloaded.

Oddly enough, it's called Jackson Browne Solo Acoustic Vol. 1. :biglaugh: I'm waiting for the next installment with bated breath.

The song you heard was previously unreleased, so you may have heard it that long ago.

And now for something completely different...........

HERE!

(and yes, it IS what you think it's about :biglaugh: )

I'd like to see the video. :)

Well, even though I'm a few days off, I'll honor my vow and post now, since I just posted in "Movie Pictionary." Besides, I'm going to be busy myself on Sunday. :beer:

George

Enjoy your 19th.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If anybody would be interested, I've been working on Mail Order Annie. I have been one week smoke free, in other words, I quit smoking. I am amazed at how I have better voice control already. Anywho, I have been working on that particular song for awhile now, and well, I still SUCK when it comes to singing, but I'm doing pretty good with that song.

Maybe someday, I'll post it here so yo can all laugh. :) But...Harry Chapin...he is the BEST when it comes to telling a story! Man, I am unworthy! (where is the smily of the dude bowing down in praise of a Great One! :) )

WOLD, Taxi, Sequel, and one of my favorites, I don't know the name.....the one that has the line "You brought your Suunday Moring Sunshine.....Here into my Monday Morning Rain"...

A beautiful song!

Rick

Yup Rick, you were right about this one of Freddie King's (as it plays in the background). Oh yeah, I'm referring to your post in the Guitar thread of Socks.

And I won't say a single word about your singing that song that makes me cry. No not a single word will I say. Nor will I say a single word about how I could hear the difference in your voice in just one week of not smoking. No not a single word will I say.

I know what you're thinking and I did not say I wouldn't say anything about that song I love so much. I said I would not say a single word. Uh huh! Admit it dude, that is what I just said. :biglaugh:

Sushi, I know you are a Harry Chapin Fan...what are some of the songs you like?

Rick

Rick, that's the name of the song (Sunday Morning Sunshine) it's on "Sniper and Other Love Songs" as well...

In answer to your question... it would be so much easier for me to name the songs of his I don't like... come to think of it... there aren't really any I don't like... just some that I don't like as much... some of my favorites are 'A Better Place To Be', 'Mr. Tanner', 'Mail Order Annie'. 'Sniper', 'Taxi 1&2'... heck, I even like 'Dance Band on the Titanic'...

For those of you without any (or enough) Harry Chapin in your collection, get the double CD, it has most of his stuff... both well known and obscure...

Sushi, I know you are a Harry Chapin Fan...what are some of the songs you like?

Rick

I would have to agree with the Strange One, there aren't many songs I don't like. But one of my absolute favorites is 30,000 Lbs. Of Bananas. It was a really long way to go for a REALLY bad joke, in other words, right up my alley :biglaugh:

Edited by Sushi

Rick, that's the name of the song (Sunday Morning Sunshine) it's on "Sniper and Other Love Songs" as well...

For those of you without any (or enough) Harry Chapin in your collection, get the double CD, it has most of his stuff... both well known and obscure...

That is one of my favorites also Rick. BTW, I have the double CD called Harry Chapin Greatest Stories Live.

Kathy,

Re:"But I still don't know who the singer of your link is Sudo."

Yeah?? Well neither do I! Maybe the hard core *OF* the hard core would know the lady's name right off. Otherwise?? You'd have to just Google it. But.. run of the mill fans of the movie would at least know where the song came from. :)

sudo

Kathy,

Hello! I'm back and trying to get caught up. I'll need some hints on your latest theme but let me tell you what it sounds like. Then tell me if I'm close. It sounds early '70's. Sitcom with lots of kids running around, maybe? Lighthearted... no drama. The music sounds like a cross between Please Don't Eat The Daisies, The Flying Nun and Betwitched. Maybe this was late 60's??

sudo (not too good at guessing)

4atdisney.jpg

disney50.jpg

Hi Everybody;

Sudo nice pics of you and family at disney land .Hope you all had a great time.

Right now I'm busy packing for the move to Fl. to be with my beloved Moony

And at present think I should post on the prayer thread.Whew what a job packing up all this stuff.

I hear George Carlin's routine about Stuff :blink:

So will not be on line much but of course the computer will be the last thing to get unplugged

In the meatime you all keep on a truckin'

Kathy keep the home fires burning.

Love To You All

Ted :)

Edited by TED Ferrell

Hi Everybody;

Does this include me?

Right now I'm busy packing for the move to Fl. to be with my beloved Moony

And at present think I should post on the prayer thread. Whew what a job packing up all this stuff.

I hear George Carlin's routine about Stuff Don't forget MY stuff and I think I hear the store calling my name besides. :blink:

So will not be on line much but of course the computer will be the last thing to get unplugged

In the meatime you all keep on a truckin'

Love To You All

Ted :)

:wub:

Edited by moony3424

Sudo,

What, no "Goofy" hat (with the long ears)?

I always wanted one of those to wear to inappropriate events (weddings and funerals and the like - well, maybe not funerals) but they don't make one big enough to fit my Norwegian head. (maybe that's the true source of my animosity towards Disneyana?)