The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, all questions have been answered. Now for the stupid trivia part.

Jack Casady, the bass player, would keep time by raising his eyebrows, instead of tapping his foot. I know, you're all going to sleep better tonight knowing that. :dance:

No, Rick, the song was actually Death Don't Have No Mercy. :)

And now for something COMPLETELY different..............(When I was playing guitar, it took me about two months to be able to butcher this song half way decently :biglaugh: )

HERE!

Edited by Sushi

OK, I had to do a little searching and sure enough, the old Hot Tuna album I used to have is available on Amazon.com. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000002WX...ance&n=5174

Scroll down to Listen To Samples and give Death Don't Have No Mercy a listen. :)

Now Jack Cassady, Jorma Kaukonen, and Joey Covington were in both JA and HT. Also, Hot Tuna existed at the same time as JA with Cassady and Kaukonen being in BOTH bands at the same time.

Rick

Kathy,

George is right on your first one... I can't think of ANY other song written in 5/4 time. We played that theme song in my high school band at football games and it was a real crowd pleaser. That should give a hint as to how old that sucker is.

Your 2nd one makes me want to go put on a jacket. Brrrr..... I didn't really watch the show but that's a pretty distinctive theme song, doncha' think??

sudo

Kathy,

Re:"The first one they've made a few movies of with an actor I think is a jerk btw."

The boy's not that bright which is par for the course. Intelligent actors seem to be harder to find than PhD candidates running Tennessee moonshine stills. But one thing they DO excel in is emotions. That's their stock in trade and at THAT they are true masters. But IMO... they tend to think with their hearts and not their brains. Maybe its a left-brain right-brain issue. Whatever. This man like lots of mega-stars, I'm sure, thinks people just love him and anything he does. Sadly, he may not be far wrong on that issue.

sudo

It's hard for me to imagine being so impressed with yourself to wear it as some do in that industry. But then we are the ones that aided in creating those ego monsters I guess. Heart thinking is cool in some situations but it shouldn't replace the gray matter, yet seems to oft enough. That world doesn't attract me in the least.

Now the world of musicians <_< nah, they can have the same world on clam shell thinking but I tend to like them better. :rolleyes:

Tom Cruise is the man of the topic, yup.

Musicians, athletes and others being paid insane amounts of money for base of contribution at times tend to think their opinions somehow superior to the average joe who pays for their platform.

Am I being pointed enough without sound like a bad attitude, or have I blown it. :)

oh, I agree. I'd add politicians, religious leaders, and radio/ tv talk show hosts to that mix also-especially talk show hosts.

In fact , I'm pretty tired of hearing opinions all day long-of course we know what they say about opinion 's and everyone having one-

Hiway29,

Click the link HERE! for a brief discussion on left-brain vs right-brain. We all have characterisics of both of course but artists tend to be right brained. That means artists of all kinds.. actors, musicians etc. That's what I meant by right-brain left-brain. Me? I'm VERY left brained. I'm a musician, yes, but a technician who performs what has already been imagined and composed... not the wonderful imaginative right brained musician who brought it into existance.

But this world needs both kinds of people. Without left brained people you wouldn't have air-conditioning or automobiles. Without right brained people we'd all be living in concrete cinder block houses watching math lessons on television.

sudo

Sudo-thanks for the explanation. I should have said I know all about the left brain right brain thing, having read books on the subject, and supposedly being an artist myself(at least I get paid to draw).

I was curious how you connected that to actors etc concerning points of view and all.

Hiway29,

I didn't know that you were knowledgeable into the left brain vs right thing. If you've read x-number of books on the subject then that is x-number more than I have read. So I could be wrong on how this affects points-of-view but would this not account for why a lot of actors seem to shoot off the cuff about issues they haven't fully thought out? Because their right brain has them seeing things more emotionally than rationally?

This would explain why Cruise jumped up and down on Oprah's couch because he was in love and dissed Brooke Shields on purely emotional reasons wouldn't it?

sudo