The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And for the gruesome attack... Click HERE!

I'm having a lot of fun playing around with these video files. I used to do the same thing to audio files but now that most folks have broadband, I don't have to do that any more. But I used to take a large audio file, convert it from MP3 to WAV, and edit it down so that it would play just fine for those with dial-up connections. I think George is about the only one now who has trouble with the MP3. Or at least he's the only one who's spoken up about it.

But as long as we're having fun.. right?? :dance:

sudo

P.S. I need an honest answer here folks... who's having trouble seeing the video in this post??

I heard you from afar but I don't download here so can't check. But I never have problem with your links if that helps. :)

I only have problems with using all the words in a sentence. Or using them in the proper order. Or using the proper word to begin with. And let's not talk of my spelling. :unsure:

And for the gruesome attack... Click HERE!I'm having a lot of fun playing around with these video files. I used to do the same thing to audio files but now that most folks have broadband, I don't have to do that any more. But I used to take a large audio file, convert it from MP3 to WAV, and edit it down so that it would play just fine for those with dial-up connections. I think George is about the only one now who has trouble with the MP3. Or at least he's the only one who's spoken up about it. But as long as we're having fun.. right?? :dance:
sudo
P.S. I need an honest answer here folks... who's having trouble seeing the video in this post??
I have no problem at all. :) I swear their humor is really strange oft times but if you can get past a certain point you find yourself laughing. It's just so over the top it's funny. But I could be weird also. :unsure: Edited by ChattyKathy

attendance.jpgremember.jpg

I picked this up for 50 cents one time while searching for vintage things and I thought it so quaint. It's dated 1941 and the part I won't show since it has someone's name shows it came from Stark County Illinois Public Schools. I can't get the one piece to read clearly without it being too large but here is what it said on the back:

Three Gates of Gold~~If you are tempted to reveal a tale to you someone has told about another, make it pass before you speak, three gates of gold, three narrow gates-first, "Is it true?" then, "Is is needful?" in your mind, give truthful answer, and the next is last and narrowest "Is it kind?" and if to reach your lips at last it passes thru these gatesways three, then you may tell, nor fear what the result of speech may be.

Sudo,

My stepkids were here, and I think they screwed up my media player. I had had Windows Media Player set as my default player, but now when I click on links like yours, it comes up in QuickTime in a Windows Explorer window. I've checked File Types for both WMP and QT, and all the default settings are WMP. Any ideas?

George

This was footnoted in the troubleshooting area for WMP.

Note that if you install other players on your computer, they may interfere with your Windows Media Player file types settings. For more information about setting file type ownership in other players, see the documentation that came with those programs.

Did they install any other type players?

George,

Dang hated Quick Time player! Yeah, both Real Player AND Windows Media Player will open the links just fine. I prefer the Media Player myself. Yep.. you have to reassociate the file types, OK. If you know how to get to the file types, make sure you change WAV, MP3, and MP3 to either Real Player or Windows Media Player. That should do it.

Also, another thing that kids can do that will change all the file associations is if they install itunes.

sudo

That was definately Ted Knight.

Youll be happy to know George, that a Green Lantern film is kind of in the works. By that I mean it's been optioned and is at the fuzzy stage of development before it's officially 'green lit', which would be most appropriate.

With CGI today, you can do anything, even a heretofore impossible character like Green Lantern.

If I'm not mistaken, it was a clip from the old "Super-Friends" show, Each week, there would be a short cartoon featuring one of the heroes. (It MIGHT have been from the even older "Superman-Aquaman Hour of Adventure," which also did that, but I don't think that Ted Knight was involved back then.)

So, how do I audition for the GL movie? I think I'd be great as Hal Jordan OR Sinestro!

George