Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys,

If we're talking TV Nostalgia 'round here.. it doesn't get much better than William Shatner and crew does it? We've lost two major cast members. Bones and Scotty. What a time the 60's were, huh? And we think we have political struggles today. Star Trek came on at the same time that Adam West was Batman but yet on the nightly news we saw the horrors of Viet Nam.

Here's two sound clips from a movie I think some of you may have seen 14 years ago. Its a very good movie, so if 14 years doesn't qualify for 'nostalgia' it'll qualify for a very good movie. Click HERE! for the happy clip. Its at the beginning of the movie. And Click HERE! for the very sad clip which happens at the end. They sound so very similar, too, don't they? Why would one be happy and the other so sad??

I'll tell you this much.. Lt. Dan is one of the characters!

sudo

Kathy,

Re:"I don't know if I've seen it or not. But I want to know what those scenes were about once it's named please."

Why thank you! I take that as a compliment. You don't know the movie but trust my tastes enough to want to know! I've got a bit of a handle on what music you like but I never can tell what movies folks are going to like. This one should be a favorite of classical buffs. Two pics..

1) Which one is George? Which one is Lennie???

ace1.jpg

2) Here's.... TROUBLE!!

ace2.jpg

You see, I thought the acting was good enough that folks who hadn't even SEEN the movie could tell the happy clip (HERE!) from the heart wrenching clip (HERE!) even if they didn't exactly know the story.

Tell you what, Kathy.. I'll let this hang out a bit longer and then I'll give the full scoop!

sudo

Hiway29,

Yeah so far so good but.. what about Curly's wife? You know what happened to Curly when he underestimated lennie?? But when I saw the wife.. the first THING I thought was, "Uh-oh.. there's trouble". Anyone know WHY the the first clip (HERE!) is so happy yet the second one (HERE!) is so... so very sad??

sudo

Kathy, Re:"I don't know if I've seen it or not. But I want to know what those scenes were about once it's named please." Why thank you! I take that as a compliment. You don't know the movie but trust my tastes enough to want to know! I've got a bit of a handle on what music you like but I never can tell what movies folks are going to like.
sudo
You've made it easy to trust. I never saw it and will wait to see what is said about it here before I google it. I'd like to fully understand the story.