GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

Don't I know that it's hard to find time to read !

Reading IS fun-damental though.

I used to be anti books on tape, but have found them to be an excellent way to get to books you wouldn't normally have time for. Especially since I'm in the rat race I always told myself I'd never be a part of.

Nothing beats sitting down with a book though.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had promised myself this summer I would make the time to read a book. This past year has been demanding for me. So I'll try and keep my promise to myself. :)

I swear my office voice mail has an attitude. I'm not the fastest but not a slacker either but if I don't push the buttons fast enough she repeats in an irritated way PICK A SELECTION PLEASE! If you knew of the times I told her to get a life you'd call me mad! :blink:

Another great performance by John Malkovich was in "In The Line Of Fire". He is at least as good as Nicholson in playing the psycho/sociopath.

"Blood Work" was pretty much a remake of the above, and not nearly as good. Admittedly, we knew the ending before, but this doesn't necessarily make for a bad movie.

I know, I know............................ no date for this Friday nite, how pathetic is that?? But I do enjoy my own company, so that's what counts!! :biglaugh:

Anyways, I've been having this group go through my mind with two of their songs, it's an easy guess, but I'll still put it out here anyways for you all to enjoy of this beautiful warm summer evening!!

Here

Here

Cowgirl

ChattyKathy,

I absolutely LOVE that song, it gives me chills up and down my spine !!

I hadn't heard it in such a long time. Everything about it is just awesome !! I especially love the lyrics "Old Mr. Webster could never define, what's being said between your heart and mine"

I have never heard it live before, love it !!

Here's a sample where Allison performs it in the studio, hope you don't mind me putting it up here along with your's.......................

HERE

Cowgirl

Edited by Cowgirl

I didn't much care for "Lenny" in the clips. He's seems far too lucid and quick-witted.

At any rate, an awful story. Really awful. I always hated reading Steinbeck in school.

Typical Steinbeck storyline:

Things are bad

They get worse

They get even worse

They get worse yet

Everybody dies

the end

Having said that, I loved "Cannery Row"...

But what am I? Chopped liver? My receptionist would ask.

You can count on Sudo to remedy some of these things. I removed the edit tags and posted it on my church server.. Click HERE! And for those wanting a smaller WAV file.. Click HERE!

sudo (feeling like the hero!)

This is the Nostalgia thread so this next song qualifies. It was made what? 38 years ago?? Sounds like it qualifies to ME! But the question you guys have to answer... cryptically of course... is why I'm posting this particular song? Click HERE!!

sudo (who loves the woodwinds in it)

Sudo.................................I think I know why!!

I knew you were old but not that old, you're turning 64 ???????? :dance:

Oh wait a minute................... I didn't mean you Sudo, but Paul McCartney's birthday on the 18th of June ???????????

Cowgirl

Edited by Cowgirl

I didn't much care for "Lenny" in the clips. He's seems far too lucid and quick-witted.

At any rate, an awful story. Really awful. I always hated reading Steinbeck in school.

Typical Steinbeck storyline:

Things are bad

They get worse

They get even worse

They get worse yet

Everybody dies

the end

Having said that, I loved "Cannery Row"...

Thank you!

I have always felt the same about his work. Depressing. Dull. Bleck.

You summed it up well! :eusa_clap: