The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just saw this (was diligently doing homework) and I've had that same wild guess. But then, I'm here on the west side of Florida, so what do I know.

You know Sudo, I used to be one of those infedels in days past. But, that was only before they put THOSE threads over here (and of course it doesn't have a thing to do with my changed schedule and the fact that I don't have as much free time as I used to). I wouldn't dare consider anything that would conflict with my loyalties to Nostalgia. Now, about you others... :nono5:

KNOTS_LAW_loyal.gif

And may I add, the duty to the Nostalgia Thread.

Edited by moony3424

Moon Girl,

You did good! It was fun to see the thread on top again. Funny how we all ended up in the same room eh! But I stand with ya girl shoulder to shoulder or something like that. :)

Although they seem to have fun don't they? :wink2:

Sudo,

Your first link brings back lots of memories to this old hippie surfer (I swear I was confused). As for your second one which I enjoyed btw......one year the box with the woman on her butt was there and the next year it was gone. :unsure:

Da-de-da-de-da-daaaa.... I've got a new toy..... I've got a new toy.... da-de-da-de-da-daaaaa.

And to celebrate?? A little appropriate music, I'd say. And what could be more appropriate for a new toy??? Why click HERE! and guess just what the heck it came from!!!! And if that is a stumper... guess what the new toy is!! Rick will know right off because knows about these things. And with the rest of you guys getting more and more computer and internet saavy... I wouldn't be TOO suprised to see others getting it, too!!!

sudo

If you haven't figured out Sudo's new "toy", look at the link from the last tune he posted. He now has his very own domain name and server! And he set it up with little help from me, too! Just gave him some advice, and he got it running! Congratulations, Doc!

As far as the Western theme he posted, I alway's thought Brisco County, Jr. from the 90's was just a cheap ripoff of that show.

Rick

As far as the Western theme he posted, I alway's thought Brisco County, Jr. from the 90's was just a cheap ripoff of that show.

Rick

Ah, but Bruce Campbell has a charm all his own. I loved his work in "Xena" and "Jack of All Trades," as well as "Brisco County, Jr." And you've got to love the title of his autobiography: If Chins Could Kill.

ifchinscouldkill.jpg

George

I don't know the show you're talking about, but I happened to like Brisco County Jr.. Bruce Campbell was in another B movie called Army Of Darkness. Over all, it was a pretty bad movie, but there was one CLASSIC scene in it. He was fighting a bunch of skeletons, and in the middle of it, he falls on the ground. Two skeleton hands come out of the ground and start doing a Curly routine on him, ala the Three Stooges. :biglaugh:

Since y'all are on westerns this one has to be before any of you could remember I'm thinking. HERE

wasway, was that in response to what you followed me with? If so I didn't think you meant it personally but I'd lie to say it didn't bother me having followed me.....a female. I'd of rather you been following one of the men with it. :rolleyes:

Sudo, nice going dude!

wasway, was that in response to what you followed me with? If so I didn't think you meant it personally but I'd lie to say it didn't bother me having followed me.....a female. I'd of rather you been following one of the men with it. :rolleyes:

Sorry Cathy, didn't mean to do that, really :wink2:

I was thinking more on the line of Enjoying a happy excursion into the world of Mother Goose in Walt Disney's first musical production! All roads lead to magical, merry Toyland as Mary Contrary and Tom Piper prepare for their wedding! But villainous Barnaby wants Mary for himself, so he kidnaps Tom, setting off a series of comic chases, searches, and double-crosses! The "March Of The Wooden Soldiers" helps put Barnaby in his place, and ensures a "happily ever after" for Tom and Mary! This joyful musical fantasy is a delightful experience for the whole family! :unsure:

but there was one CLASSIC scene in it. He was fighting a bunch of skeletons, and in the middle of it, he falls on the ground. Two skeleton hands come out of the ground and start doing a Curly routine on him, ala the Three Stooges.

Hey, nothing wrong with the skeleton movie. It could happen you know, fighting off those nasty dead people without skin, organs, ect. This one is definately a classic!

You've done it again, Kathy. I know that western theme, but can't put a name to it right now. It will be bugging me all day now!

The Disney 'Babes in Toyland" is pretty neat. I saw it at Radio City Music Hall when it opened, with a cub scout pack!

But the REAL deal is the Laurel and Hardy, 'Babes in Toyland', ( later re issued as 'March of the Wooden Soldiers')

Many women don't like the Stooges. It's a gender thing apparently. The pic you posted isn't exactly the Stooges guys crack up over though. It's From the 60's film, '3 Stooges in orbit", with psuedo stooge Joe DeRita as 'Curly-Joe, and an aged Moe and Larry.

Oh, and the second pic is a classic image from a great Stanley Kubrick-'cold war' film.