GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

Sorry if this breaks up the sentiment, but it does remind me of one of my favorite exchanges from "The Simpsons":

MARGE: "Homer, I miss the children."

HOMER: "You lie!"

MARGE: "Well...I feel bad about NOT missing them."

Actually, that's my sentiments. I was never one to ponder the empty nest syndrome, just enjoy it.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you think it's because I haven't been posting lately, that we have slipped into second place here? :biglaugh:

Well, we can't have that now, can we! :nono5:

So, in order to get ourselves back into first place, I've decided to post my selection of the day. It's sure to put us back on top!

Now, this one is different. I got to thinking of this one, with all the mention of snow earlier. Thought, maybe some of you are taking those long awaited holidays to hot and sensuous places! :love3:

Just click HERE and you'll enjoy a trip there without having to put out all that money! :biglaugh:

OH... if you're reading this... Jonny Lingo... this one is dedicated to you bro'!

Edited by A la prochaine

Kathy,

I see you at least posted something for Valentine's Day. Here it is late in the evening (for ME anyways) and I haven't posted diddly squat! And you know?? I've gots bunches I could have posted. Umph umph umph. I've got two.. the same song.. Who did this one (click HERE!) and MORE IMPORTANTLY..WHO was he singing to?

And Item #2. Click HERE! It's the 1930's. My parents are in elementary school... who's the crooner?

sudo (better late than never)

Ted, was "it ain't over till it's over" a clue for Sudo's 30's crooner? I know I should know if it is or not but I googled and found a singer for that full song but couldn't find Sudo's song.

So did I just try to fit 4 cassettes into a 4 track recorder again? :rolleyes:

Happy Valentines Day to ya!

All rest well this eve……

No one knows the crooner??

And I would have thought THAT would have been easier than knowing that Alfalfa was singing to Darla. 'Ya just never know. So here's a hint.. ANOTHER song by said crooner. And not just any song. But one that I remember fondly from the late 50's during a talent show at my elementary school. Mrs. Pickens' 3rd grade class sang this and did all the body language of the various animals involved. I had no idea it was an old song.

He was about my age then though he's been gone for a long time now. Rick might recognize the link.. click HERE!

sudo

Greetings from the land of THE Sunshine (Alligators, Mosquitos, Snakes, BIG Bugs, Killer Bees, and THE newest edition to THE indiginous population, THE Monitor Lizard, too)

monitor.jpg

Um, I hope you ain't walking near this tree down there. :blink:

"when the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie................"

Kathy, I was RIGHT????? :biglaugh:

I should have never questioned you. :biglaugh:

I love the movie Moonstruck because of the family around the kitchen table and that song you just quoted from reminds me of that movie for some reason.