Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think we all know why I'm posting this.. click on Grandpa's picture :(

Did we not ALL.. every one of us... watch this program?? I mean.. its so entrenched we don't really have to ask what TV show it was do we? Pure nostalgia. It doesn't bother me that it wasn't critically acclaimed. It wasn't that type of show. I remember that it was shown early while Momma was cleaning up the kitchen. And you know what?? it ran for only TWO seasons. So why is it that I remember it as running for years and years?? Man.. this takes me way back.

grandpa.gif

sudo

It seems like it ran for years because it's been shown in reruns constantly for years.

The pic posted by Moony is interesting in that it's from so early in the production. Eddie's normal hair, Grandpa's longer nose, Herman's not quite there make up, and Beverly owen instead of pat priest as Marilyn.

There was even an earlier cast with a different Eddie, and wife, but that's another story.

I also liked Al Lewis in Car 54 Where are You, pre Munsters, with Fred Gwynne-a show I wish would be re run again.

Sudo,

This may come as a shock, but I never saw the show.

Dohno why, just wasn't on my agenda. I did watch "The Addams Family" though. Maybe that explains it. Were they on at the same time - different stations?

"Car 54" was a great one, too, and another sit-com of the era that nobody remembers "I'm Dickens, he's Fenster"...

I remember Dickens and Fester. A one season wonder starring John Astin (Gomez Addams), and Marty Ingels ( uh,husband of Shirley Jones). John Astin's wife was played by Emmaline Henry ( Dr Bellows wife on 'I Dream of Jeannie').

They played two inept carpenters- a catchy theme song, but not alot going for it.

George,

Good question! And for me?? The answer is.. (and there's really no meandering over possible answers in my head)... Carolyn Jones!! I hear what Hiway29 is saying about Yvonne DeCarlo in her heady days but she NEVER did anything for me! Do you guys remember Charlton Heston in the 1956 version of The Ten Commandments? You remember his love interst in the movie? Why of course it was Anne Baxter playing nefretiri, right? She wound up marrying 'ole wicked Pharoah number two played by Yul Brenner and egging him on to do bad stuff to Moses. Remember? Sure you guys do.. she was a real head turner.

BUT!! How 'bout the Hebrew woman that Moses met and married? Sephora? Or something like that?? THAT was Yvonne DeCarlo. She just wasn't one of my favorites. But Ms. Jones?? I loved her sly little smile!!!

sudo