The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SaintGeorge, yes it has been done before by me actually but like Sudo said about us newbies posting songs they've done before....like you did in your reply they still answer them again anyway which I'm glad for. :)

And I think boys watched her cause she was cute even if they won't admit it. :wink2:

This show started a couple years after the one Sudo posted and often brought a tear to my eye. HERE

(Moon Girl, thank you for reaching out dear, I hope you and Teddy are good)

Edited by ChattyKathy

Yes he did leave us too soon. I liked the show because it dealt with priorities of relationships and at the time as you probably have heard ad nauseam I didn't have much experience in a father daughter relationship. The housekeeper was enjoyable as well.

Good to see you hiwayman, I think it's been a little bit since last we talked. :)

:dance: I am just stunned. I do believe this is the first time a show has been posted that I actually watched growing up. And not just one, but two! :biglaugh:

So I'll just say, Sudo's show is definitely NOT Buffy the Vampire Slayer and

Kathy's is NOT the Hulk. :)

Edited by Abigail

Here's another show he appeared in that I believe Bluzeman is familiar with. Funny, how the memory works, isn't it? This one (like so many quality shows) was critically acclaimed but not successful commercially. Click HERE! Now I'm getting a better time frame for shows Kathy and Abigail would have watched.

He seemed to be just the nicest guy and wonder if he was that way in real life. I didn't think of him as a fine actor but at least two actresses name him as their favorite actor: Mariette Hartley and Loni Anderson, both having worked with him on "The Incredible Hulk" (1978).

sudo

P.S. George, you're saying you have to wait for the entire download before your Windows Media Player starts playing? Yeah, if so, I can see where that would be aggravating. It should open and start playing nearly immediately if you're using Internet Explorer. Mozilla's Firefox DOES make you wait. But if you're using Windows Media player and Internet Explorer that shouldn't be happening. Maybe we can tinker with the settings. :)

Since that theme wasn't 'My Favorite Martian', which was hardly 'critically acclaimed', I'd say that was the theme from the show where he pulls rabbits out of a hat.

I have always respected Bill Bixby, and choose to believe he was a man of good character in 'real life'. I know there is some 'dirt' connected to him, but can't recall at all what it is, nor do I remember it changing my thinking about him.

He reminds me somewhat of Michael Landon. Another actor who seemed bigger than the small screen for the roles he played , and the programs he produced. One could criticize his personal life, but it doesn't detract from the work he did. He also left us too soon.

Here's another show he appeared in that I believe Bluzeman is familiar with. Funny, how the memory works, isn't it? This one (like so many quality shows) was critically acclaimed but not successful commercially. Click <a href=http://mail.bluzecentral.net/~sudo/abn.wav><font color=red>HERE!</font></a> Now I'm getting a better time frame for shows Kathy and Abigail would have watched.

He seemed to be just the nicest guy and wonder if he was that way in real life. I didn't think of him as a fine actor but at least two actresses name him as their favorite actor: Mariette Hartley and Loni Anderson, both having worked with him on "The Incredible Hulk" (1978).

<center>sudo</center>

P.S. George, you're saying you have to wait for the entire download before your Windows Media Player starts playing? Yeah, if so, I can see where that would be aggravating. It should open and start playing nearly immediately if you're using Internet Explorer. Mozilla's Firefox DOES make you wait. But if you're using Windows Media player and Internet Explorer that shouldn't be happening. Maybe we can tinker with the settings. :)

Actually, it's when Quicktime kicks in that I have to wait. WMP seems to bring things up immediately.

And I think I watched ALL of Bill Bixby's shows.

George

George,

If you would like to have WMP open the sound files, go to a downloaded sound file somewhere on your computer. Right click on it and choose the option 'open with'. Then two things... first instead of just choosing WMP that you'll see as a choice, select 'choose program'. That will bring up a window where not only can you chose WMP but also check that box that says 'always use the selected program to open this kind of file'. Do that for WAV, MP3 and M4a files to have WMP open all of them and goodbye long download times!!

sudo

Sudo, I've never seen that but I had to Google it after I read hiwayman's clue and I wished I'd seen it and can't understand why I didn't at this point. :unsure:

~~~~~

Windows Media Player doesn't allow for m4a files though so that option has to be chosen in Real Player (as one that plays m4a's). I could be wrong but I believe I'm correct. I agree on the download time for Mozilla rather than the immediate player engaging and the song starting like it does when I'm using IE as my browser.

I liked Bill Bixby as well. I watched the television series The Hulk but the movie which I've been in the room when on hasn't gotten my attention. And in the end all that nother-land concept was just too much computer ability and not enough substance imho. But I will admit I always found it hilarious how his body would grow and shrink but those pants managed to accommodate it. :biglaugh:

And here's a theme for a well known Michael Landon series. Of which I watched up to a certain year so I missed the last years. HERE

See y'all later. :wave:

Ala, I'll be honest for the first 45 seconds of the song I didn't know if I liked it then I noticed somewhere around 1½ minutes into it that I was smiling like I do when I listen to blues. The words are life's sounds at times. The alternative is slow in coming sometimes it appears. Or that is according to my time. :redface: So blues is life and for me I love the music because it's comforting. That first song wasn't called blues I bet but it did the same for me. Except it could have used way more harmonica and guitars, I mean way more! :)

The second reminds me of a mix of Judy Collins, Cheryl Crow and Rickie Lee Jones.

Thanks for the music to listen to while I prepare dinner. I was listening to a CD earlier that had some Cajun music. Called Evangelina (something or other...too lazy to get up and look) but it has Cajun French songs with no English on it and there was one especially beautiful one that reminded me of you. Later on tonight I'll post it here should anyone else want to listen.

Hey there ALAcabala!!!

Just got in from running a 6-miler and even though the weather was yucky, I must say it was X-country at it's finest !!! I went for the bush and even some of the man-made bridges were totally immersed in water cause of all the melting, I had to find altenative trails which had piles and piles of mud, I was slipping and sliding all over the place, feet and bottom part of legs were totally soaked and covered in mud but in all reality I love running in that kind of enviroment, I even got to experience a runner's high where I could of just gone on for miles and miles!!! So in spite of the yucky weather, it was totally awesome!!!!

Hey maybe one day you can find me a running song if there ever is such a thing!!

Cheers!!!!

Ala and Cowgirl, I suspect you'll be the only ones to know what their saying and I hope not an error on my part that it's the same type French.

I found it lovely without knowing the lyrics realizing that can be interesting when you learn what they are. I've since looked them up and will provide the French and English translations.

Cowgirl, I admire you. I hated running in the dark mornings while in-rez and that is the only time I ever did it faithfully but I do love to swim. But I haven't done so in awhile.

Ala, like I said earlier this song made me think of you because it seemed so beautiful even not knowing the words. And I wasn't thinking of your avatar either. :)

The song is a mp3 because I converted my CD to a wav file but I forgot to ask Rick a setting question and this thing was humongous so sorry guys it's a mp3 for now. :(

HERE

La Chanson d’une Fille de Quinze Ans

Depuis l'âge de quinze ans tu m'as fait, ouais t'aimer

En me disant un bon jour tu m'aurais mariée

En me disant un bon jour tu m'aurais mariée.

Je t'ai donné ça tu voulais mon cher 'tit cœur et mon amour

Quinze jours ça a passé t'es jamais venu me chercher

Quinze jours ça a passé t'es jamais venu me chercher

J'ai pleuré je m'ai ennuyé pour l'amour que j'ai perdu

Depuis l'âge de quinze ans j'ai roulé tout par tout

Pour essayer de trouver un autre comme toi, mais j'ai pas pu.

English Translation:

Song of a Fifteen Year Old Girl

Since I was fourteen years old you made me love you.

Telling me that one day you would marry me.

I gave you what you wanted, my dear little heart and my love

Fifteen days passed you never came to look for me.

I cried, I was lonely for the love I had lost

Since the age of fifteen I have looked everywhere

To try to find another like you but I couldn't.

Hi ChattyKathy !! Hey I don't blame you for not enjoying running, when I was in rez, I too remember running on the streets, even though running was my first love I couldn't stand it, when I run now it always has to be on some untamed trail, with lots of hills and obstacles, I try to avoid the roads at all costs, so I hear ya when you say you don't like it, besides it's alot better workout, running in the bush!! Anyways that's just my 2 cents !!

Sushi, I have to say even before I clicked on the song I just knew it was going to be "Running on Empty" that's the only song I can think of that has the word "running" in it" so thankyou !!

that's the only song I can think of that has the word "running" in it"

Bovine girl surely you jest! What you have no Doobie in your Funk in the Oakleaf country ?

Heres one for ya:

It Keeps You Runnin'

Doobie Brothers

Michael Mcdonald

Say, where you gonna go

Girl, where you gonna hide

You go on leavin' out your heart

And all it's sayin' down deep inside

From here i can feel your heartbeat

Oh, you got me all wrong

You ain't got no worry

You just been lonely too long

I know what it means to hide your heart

From a long time ago

Oh, darlin'

It keeps you runnin', yeah it keeps you runnin'

Oh, i know how you feel

Hey, you know i been there

But what you're keepin' to yourself

Oh, you know it just ain't fair

Are you gonna worry

For the rest of your life

Why you in such a hurry

To be lonely one more night

I know what it means to hide your heart

From a long time ago

Oh, darlin'

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005NQJ...v=glance&n=5174

Now here is one I bet even even Cowgirl jr. knows.

No Doubt

Running

Run

Running all the time

Running to the future

With you right by my side

Me

I'm the one you chose

Out of all the people

You wanted me the most

I'm so sorry that I've fallen

Help me up lets keep on running

Don't let me fall out of love

Chorus1

Running, running

As fast as we can

Do you think we'll make it?

(Do you think we'll make it?)

We're running

Keep holding my hand

It's so we don't get separated

Be

Be the one I need

Be the one I trust most

Don't stop inspiring me

Sometimes it's hard to keep on running

We work so much to keep it going

Don't make me want to give up

Chorus 2:

Running, running

As fast as we can

I really hope you make it

We're running

Keep holding my hand

Running

As fast as we can

I really hope we'll make it

We're running

Keep holding my hand

Repeat Chorus 2 twice

Lest we forget Stevie........

Keep On Running

STEVIE WONDER

Album Music Of My Mind

Some gonna get you

Some gonna grab you

Some gonna jump out of the bushes and grab you

Whole lotta folks, you better run faster.

Some gonna grab you

Some gonna jump out of the bushes and grab you

Some gonna grab you

Oh You need this thing to grab you, ha.

Yea, yea

Keep on running

Keep on running from my love

Keep on running, yea

Some folks say that you're really, really fine,

All you want to be is just a friend of mine,

But I know, the man your with gonna break your heart,

And you'll be sad real soon, yea.

Keep on running,

Keep on running from my love,

Keep on running, yea,

Keep on running from my love.

Some folks say that you're really, really fine

But all you want to be is just a friend of mine,

But I know I'm gonna get you with him -real soon.

Why do you keep?

Keep on running, running from my love

Yea, keep on running from

I need you baby

And everyday yea,

Keep on running, running from my love. Oh

Keep on running

Keep on running yea

Some folks say that your love is really good

All you want to be is just a friend of mine,

But I know, I'm gonna get you in the end

'Cause I need you so

Keep on running

Yea, keep on running baby

Keep on running, running from my love, yea

...say it loud

Oh, yea

...say it loud

Something gonna get you, yea

You can get it baby in my love

Oh, yea say

sing I love you so

Sing, so

sing a little song for me

Baby, you can bring me love

I wanna hear

Yea,

Everybody sing it with me, yea

Some's gonna grab you

some's gonna jump out of the bushes and grab you, yea

keep on running baby

Oh, yea yea, yea, yea, yea, yea, yea, yea

This is it

Hey, hey, hey

Hey, hey, hey

Hey, hey, hey

Hey, hey, hey

Keep on running

yea, yea,

I'm getting tired of you running

Can you feel it in the shoe babe?

Na, na, na, na, na, na, na.

Hey, hey

Baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, mama, mama, mama

Ok this should be enough to tire you out.........

Run Like Hell

Pink Floyd

Run, run, run, run (repeat line four times)

You better make your face up in

Your favourite disguise

With your button down lips and your

Roller blind eyes

With your empty smile

And your hungry heart

Feel the bile rising from your guilty past

With your nerves in tatters

When the cockleshell shatters

And the hammers batter

Down the door

You better run

Run, run, run, run (repeat line four times)

You better run all day

And run all night

And keep your dirty feelings

Deep inside. And if your

Takin' your girlfriend

Out tonight

You better park the car

Well out of sight

'Cos if they catch you in the back seat

Trying to pick her locks

They're gonna send you back to mother

In a cardboard box

You better run

Cowgirl, I know you're up there because I saw you before we had a new poster to our thread. And he's come with running songs indeed. What you say about street/pavement versus natural running certainly makes sense.

WhiteDove, welcome to a great place to hang out. You know all the folks that come around here I think. And we do enjoy music I bet you noticed. Take your shoes off and sit for a spell. :)