Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sudo,

If it’s what I think I LOVED that show. For the short life it had I was spellbound by her life. I thought it so dreamy (yeah, that'd been the word then). Thank you for making me think of that show even if this isn't the same one. :)

I also enjoyed her grow up in the industry and make some fine pieces of work IMHO. One especially with a small cast of fine women has a scene in a park that is heart wrenching for a parent.

Not to leave on that note. She also said something she received a good deal of ribbing for on stage one time.

Okay IF it is that show. :unsure:

Moon Girl,

Hi, I started posting before you got in there and took so long messing with it you I missed your clue before I'd typed mine. :( :wink2:

What am I saying in that last sentence? :redface:

I guess the idea is when you decide you want to use one word over another you're suppose to take the one you don't want out. :blink:

I came late to the party this time, so I'm just gonna come out and say it. The show was called the Girl with Something extra. I don't remember it, but I posted it about a year or 2 ago. :)

WhiteDove, good to see you here! Hang around and play!

Got another "run" song in mind, if I can find it, I'll post it.

Rick

Gidget WAS the show that made Sally Field a 'household name', tho I'm not sure it was on for more than 1 season.

That was in '65. 'Girl with Something Extra' was in '73, and did nothing to further her career.

Yeah Gidget ran 65-66. Much too short for my liking. I really shouldn't be peeking at y'all but my brain is fried! :confused:

Yep, Chicago. Love that group! And Kathy is right, yours is Earth, Wind, and Fire. Saw them many moons ago (MANY) at Whetstone Park, A.K.A. the Park of Roses in Columbus, along with Rare earth and McGuffy lane and uh, others, can't remember now who all was there. It was on the 4th of July, and they were really playing up the "Saturday In The Park" thing. They didn't get Chicago to perform though. Probably couldn't afford them since it was a free concert. :)

Rick

I saw Chicago in 1969, right around the time their second album was coming out. They were still known as the Chicago Transit Authority, or CTA.

I saw them again at Carnegie Hall in the early 70's, one of the concerts they used for their Chicago at Carnegie Hall album.

They were one of my favorite groups at the time, but my interest faded after the 5th album or so,due to the death of guitarist Terry Kath , and the more 'mellow' songs, if memory serves.

oK...gotta post these...

HERE

and this one...it's long... but it's wonderful

HERE

hope your mom and her friend are doing ok rick. they are in my prayers.

chatty i couldn't seem to open the last song you posted... i'll have to try again.

ok... it worked... gosh...if i'd known that it was THAT one... how cute.

i picture the movie... Planes, Trains and Automobiles when I hear it.

Edited by A la prochaine