Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wasway,

Are you telling me it was just a co-incidence that you posted the same tune Kathy had posted just this morning? Man... are YOU guys on the same wave lenght. I knew it if only because we had talked about how the 2nd banana in the show wound up getting all the teen girls' attention :love3:. Like my sister and her goofy friend Darlene Griffith. Sheesh.. Give me a break.. the guy is now a 60-ish year old guy as ugly as the rest of us. Just like Davey Jones -_- .

sudo

I remember digging the fizz but the drink was only so so. Kool-Ade gave a bigger rush.

Awhile back I discovered they still made Fizzies and sent away for some. When they say you can't go home again, they know whereof they speak. The Fizzies hardly fizzed, and I couldn't choke the drink down. Maybe I got a bad batch.

Now Flav-R-Straws are another thing. I won't even try to find those. I remember well how they just vaguely made chocolate milk when you stirred the straw. Not a substitute for Bosco or Quik-(NOT Nesquik)

When I was a Boy Scout we use to get the Red Fizzies wet and toss them into the tenderfoot's tents in the middle of the night and then start screaming about red-acid spitting Snipes attacking in the night...

You guys really need to check THIS Place out.. been buying stuff from them for years... lotsa great goodies

Edited by wasway

Wasway,

Just out of curiosity do you do a lot of entertaining? :blink:

Moon Girl,

I especially thought the Day of the Dead snack box was appetizing. :)

-_- these are spacers -_-

A little music if interested.

This is an oldie but goodie (well it is to me anyway). HERE

Sorry, I made an error in a couple of the links I brought here, back when I correct myself.

Edited by ChattyKathy

Okay this picks up where I left off and Rick can you organize my folder please. I moved things around and the numbers are off, please Sir. Also the reason I had to edit was that's what you get for putting things in there from two different computers. I forgot I used certain numbers and I reckon I must write over them or something. :blink:

If you like the blues. HERE

And no more after this I promise. But everyone will know who this is but who is he playing with? HERE

And from now on I'll just bring the wav file, if you want the mp3 for personal library let me know and I'll send it to ya or post it here for pick up.

I wanted to throw this one up just to see if anyone likes it.

Remember when I was telling you guys about hearing the song One in a movie theatre and rushing back to the computer to find it? Well, I heard a tune yesterday on our public radio station yesterday that really caught my attention. However, I couldn't find a good version of it. I played it for sudossuda and she wasn't particularly enamored over it so none of you guys might like it either. Still, it makes me just want to jump and clap. Funny, how one person can LOVE a song and another person almost loathe it, huh?

Anyways, here's the MP3 and the easier downloadable WAV

sudo

Kathy,

Not a lot of entertaining 1 or 2 parties a year.. But I always give stupid, useless, and fun gifts to everyone.. I especially like the "Angel Snot"

Your Precious one was by Climax..Great slow dance song....

Sounded like Stevie Ray on the Fender but I might be wrong..

Edited by wasway

Sudo,

Almost I like that song, but I can't quite get there. It reminds me of that one we both love that you've brought here a couple times (once my request) and I hung in there thinking I'd get grabbed in the same way but it didn't make it my friend.

I like the way you displayed your links. I would bring my mp3's here also but I wanted to not load up my account with all of them if they aren't needed. Not that Rick hasn't given us mucho room and tells me go for it. But it gets too busy in there and then I had to ask him to organize it for me cause it makes me crazy. Anyway, maybe I'll do it like you if you don't mind if I borrow your idea?

Wasway,

Is angle snot like silly putty?

Yup, that's Climax. And I don't think your buddy would agree it's a great anything song. :)

You're in the neighborhood of greatness with your guess on Stevie Ray of which I think is one of the best there ever was. What a terrible loss to us to have him gone so young. Oh my!

I'm going to give the answer in picture form. Two of the men in this picture are two of the men singing and performing in my second and third links. 250px-BBKing_BuddyGuy_EricClapton_RockAndRollHallofFame.jpg

Moony,

Re:"Had to post just to bump this thread to its rightful place on top."

You did the right thing, girl. THIS thread is the one true thread in the Reading Gallery and should always have dominion over the wannabe threads. We even have our own cop outs who post over on those infidel threads but do I say anything? But noooo.. they'll be name-that-tune greasespots by midnight, I tell 'ya!!

As I was thinking about the early Beatles, I remembered that Summer after they appeared on Ed Sullivan. The Summer of 1964 when the battle for top place on the pop radio charts was between The Beatles and The Beach Boys. I went out with my hard earned allowance money and bought the 45 of the #1 song that Summer and it was by The Beach Boys. I wouldn't be a teenager until September but this song held all the promise of what I was in store for! And I could hardly wait! I played this song over and over on that "record player" I posted and dreamed of the life style I was hearing about. Just click HERE! and tell me if that wasn't every adolescent American boy's dream?

Two years later I had my first real girlfriend. The first girl I actually "made out" with. Her name was Sue Howard and she not only had the prettiest brown eyes but she was crazy about me! I went over to her house on Friday nights and watched TV. OK.. we mainly smooched but we did it while watching TV. That's why I remember EXACTLY when this TV show came on because Sue Howard and I were on her parents' couch "watching TV" when this came on Friday night.

Click HERE! and name the show.

sudo