The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In 1973 I went to NYC to see Bowie Do "The rise and fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars" show art MSG. He opened the show with that tune had he was flying above the stage (on a wire) with a tin can space ship chasing him. It was tooo neat!

Looks like we need another theme..

This one might be a challenge but it should qualify as nostalgia as the TV series started 15 years ago. That's nostalgia for my 18 year old daughter, anyways icon_razz.gif:P-->.

Click HERE! I'm posting it not because it was a real popular series.. but because I love the music.

sudo

That was a great theme for a so so show. Worst of all, it got caught up in the trend to not have theme songs, as the idea was (is) to get right into the show. So for the last couple of seasons they didn't play that great theme until the end.

It was an interesting cast. I did a double take when I first saw that guy in 'Sideways'.

Oh OK.. so for once I didn't convert the file and remove the tags. Like you guys haven't made that mistake before either! Hrmmmmmmph!!!

The show was Wings! Good show. Heck, lasted for 7 years, I think. So I guess, ya'll are expecting a new one because of my little snafu, huh? OK.. I'm willing to oblige.. click HERE!

sudo

Mickey was the worst Little Rascal ever. It wasn't totally his fault. The 'Our gang' films had passed from hal Roach studios to the corporate MGM, which had no idea what to do with them. They became 'morality' plays, witht he kids earning 'lessons' in a very unfunny ,awkward manner. Plus Spanky had long outgrown his appealing character, and even his clothes. I swear he wore the same outfit he had when he was younger, and his pants rode up high , and he was bursting out of his shirt.

"Mickey' was especially grating. Overacting, whining, and was only tolerable next to the insufferable Froggy.

Now the "Our Gang' comedies of 10 years earlier-THOSE were great. Oh-and Dickie was Dickie Moore, from the good years. HE was good.

Well isn't THAT cute... the powers that be have decided we'll all have green font color on St. Paddy's day. Maybe for some.. icon_razz.gif:P-->

But just to show I'm game to go along.. I've gots one with an Irish theme for you all. Click HERE and name the movie and the singer. It used to be a favorite movie for me and the kids to watch together. They're now too cool to get up and do an Irish gig during the movie icon_frown.gif:(-->.

sudo

P.S. I've figured out what the feather is... put your mouse over it and wait a few seconds... it tells you whether or not the person is presently on-line with AOL IM.

quote:
Originally posted by Sudo:

P.S. I've figured out what the feather is... put your mouse over it and wait a few seconds... it tells you whether or not the person is presently on-line with AOL IM.

I have no time now to even listen but will later, but in the meantime.....this above has me laughing so hard I hurt, that ain't nice man! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Wasway,

I didn't take any drama class but I recognize some tunes from your post.. Yankee Doodle Dandy, She's A Grand old Flag, Mary, Mary, Over There, H-A-R-R-I-G-A-N, Just 45 Minutes From Broadway, and Give My Regards To Broadway. Almost sounds like a soundtrack from some movie. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

sudo