The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Green Acres... the greatest TV show, of any genre... EVER!

...and chatting Kathy, that tune was written by Vic Mizzy...

And K Pax was an amazing movie... and we always wondered "real" or "not"... but the questions it brought up about how we treat each other as fellow humans really made it an especially touching movie for me...

I'm a big KS fan...

I didn't know that Vic Mizzy wrote the green Acres theme, knowing him mainly from the Don Knotts films of the 60's, eg "the Ghost and Mr Chicken", "How to Frame a Figg", etc).

So I do a google search and find he wrote the Addams Family theme too, as well as many other 60's shows.

While I don't concur that Green Acres was the GREATEST, it's certainly way up there on my list, and I really don't know what I'd name number one offhand.

quote:
Originally posted by Tom Strange:

And K Pax was an amazing movie... and we always wondered "real" or "not"... but the questions it brought up about how we treat each other as fellow humans really made it an especially touching movie for me...

I'm a big KS fan...

Tom it's good to see you! smile.gif:)-->

Yes I really enjoy Kevin Spacey's work and a few of my fav's of his would be:

Pay it Forward

The Usual Suspects

The Garden of Good and Evil

The Shipping News

Regarding K-Pax, yes it was a great piece on charity or good will toward your fellow man, and I love how in this case the doctor or helper gets maybe the most help of all. I love that concept...where the one that is aiding in anothers good health (mentally especially) are the ones that obtain as much deliverance as the one being aided.

Again good to see you cutie pie! wink2.gif;)-->

Tom,

No, I haven't seen American Heart but I've watched plenty of Mr. Bill. We've never featured him here but since he first aired nearly 30 years ago, I think he qualifies as nostalgia don't you??

It was maybe funnier then than now because of those pretty bad kids programs on local TV (particularly the 50's and early 60's) it was spoofing. Hmmmm... methinks we need a few of those on this thread.

sudo