• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wasway,

quote:
Three three wishes I'll grant you, great wishes or small, but you'll wish a fourth one, and you'll lose them all!"

Yes, that helped me quite a bit but I'm screaming like a banshee wondering if it'll help Kathy!!!

sudo

quote:
Originally posted by Sudo:

Wasway,

quote:
Three three wishes I'll grant you, great wishes or small, but you'll wish a fourth one, and you'll lose them all!"

Yes, that helped me quite a bit but I'm screaming like a banshee wondering if it'll help Kathy!!!

sudo

Gosh you guys it is like right there ain't it? Okay let me try harder, I know I will roll my eyes on this one. icon_wink.gif;)-->

quote:
Who knew James Bond was Irish.

Who knew James Bond could sing? I guess that really is him and he's pretty good.

What I remember about this movie is Janet Munro, who was one of Walt's teen sweeties from the 50s and 60s, along with Hayley Mills and Annette. She was in this and "Swiss Family Robinson" and a few others before she aged out of the Disney stuff. She didn't do much after that and died fairly young. She was a babe.

Nice picture of Robert Blake. Maybe he and OJ can get together to help each other look for the "real killers." Yeah, right.

I agree with you about Janet munro, Pirate. I was rally taken with her as a kid, and with good reason. Maybe it was her 'smiling eyes'.

It is tragic that she died so young. It's also tragic that Annette is wheelchair bound from MS.

And just the other day I'm watching a Mouseketeers reunion dvd, and there's Karen- (of Cubby and Karen) in a wheelchair. Sigh

I loved that movie!!

As I was saying, my kids and I would dance Irish jigs all through the movie... until they got old enough to realize it wasn't cool. And tell me.. didn't any of ya'll notice that Janet Munro was a wee bit cross-eyed??

I'm still uploading that ISO file, folks.. reformatted the computer with the new DVD burner and am still looking for just the right software... all the while checking in here.

If no one else does, I'll get another tune up tomorrow morning, OK??? Beautiful weather here in Memphis I might add.

sudo

OK.. it's morning icon_smile.gif:)-->

I've been up for hours and am just now posting a new tune. Guess I'll have to get my priorities straight sometime..

This is one of those tunes that are very distinctive. Time yourselves when you click on the link HERE! How long did it take before you knew it?? This was one of those shows like I Love Lucy that had timeless humor. You can watch an episode today and it's just as funny as when it first aired. Also... my barely pubescent mind thought the lady of the house was one fine babe!!

sudo

Well. it took me about 1 second into the first note. It's one of those things like the first chord of "A Hard Days Night", that brings immediate recognition.

And yes the lady of the house was just fine. I could ramble on for days about this show, but I'll spare you and keep it to one topic. It was considered 'risque' for our leading lady to wear pants, and they had to agree to offset a scene with her wearing pants, with a later scene where she's in a more conventional dress. In an interview with her not long ago, she said that they were especially concerned with 'undercupping' (a term I had never heard of til then). Apparently, they didn't want her butt looking TOO good for the camera.

For sure, she helped popularize 'toreador' type pants for women, which is only one of her many achievements. And who new she would go on with an equally great show later.

Then there was the bald producer guy who also appeared on "Leave it to Beaver' at the same time, but that's another story.

Yeah. larry matthews presence was lessened every year, to the point where he was largely not even there. To answer an earlier question, he was not Mary Tyler moore's real son. he wasn't much of an actor either.

But we did mange to see the almost always absent wife of Buddy in 2 episodes. Which ones were they?