Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kathy,

I didn't know it but when I stuck the quote in Google it came up with lots of hits. So now I know the movie though I never saw it. So tell us.. was he or wasn't he??? From another world??

Oh and Matilda... I concur about Jerry Lewis. I'm a little embarrassed (redface.gif:o-->) to admit that I liked his movies when I was a child but what the hey.. folks grow up. What is it with the French anyways??

Do we need a new theme guys?? Any requests from any specific decade? The '60's perhaps?? Hard or easy??? Movie themes perhaps???

sudo (eager to please)

Y'all have it. An interesting movie I thought. And Sudo, I've gone back and forth on whether he was real or not. And based on the movie I'm not sure.

Since it looks like most have it the movie was K-Pax where Kevin Spacey played Prot.

Now everyone go back to sleep. It's late you know, what you doing up anyway reading about guys who think they are, and just may be. icon_wink.gif;)-->

Wasway,

I can fulfill part of that request.. I saw this movie from the back seat at a drive-in. But.. I was in the back seat with my brother and sister. My parents were in the front seat. Click HERE!

Kathy.. that's a great site for movie pics. I looked around a bit and they have a lot of movies. Don't know the scene, though. Heck.. didn't even see the movie. Did you like it? It got mixed reviews.

sudo (who usually waits for the video)

It's my understanding that the guy that movie was about had a really good staff working form him. smile.gif:)-->

OK Wasway, I can play that game!

THIS is a song that seems to have came through the tinny sounding speaker at the drive in for many years! Course, I wouldn't know anything about the back seat. who_me.gif

Rick

quote:
Originally posted by Sudo:

Kathy.. that's a great site for movie pics. I looked around a bit and they have a lot of movies. Don't know the scene, though. Heck.. didn't even see the movie. Did you like it? It got mixed reviews.

sudo (who usually waits for the video)

I thought it was excellent. But then IMHO it would be hard for me not to love anything Kevin Spacey did. And no lie, I still don't know if he was or was not. According to the movie line of course. smile.gif:)-->

Steve!,

Here's something to help get it out of your head... You know that movie theme I posted? And you responded about letting people go?? Made me think of tune I had on my hard drive. I hope you have a broadband connection because if you do.. and like gospel music.. click HERE! and rock a little. It's a little long but it takes a while before it heats up.

sudo

Rick and Steve...so sorry...yeah right! who_me.gifsmile.gif:)-->

A new one and see y'all later.

quote:
The days go on and on... they don't end. All my life needed was a sense of someplace to go. I don't believe that one should devote his life to morbid self-attention, I believe that one should become a person like other people.

This is a dark day for the nostalgia thread. Paul Henning has passed away at the age of 93.

Paul was the creator, producer, writer of the Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction, and executive producer of Green Acres.

The Beverly Hillbillies was one of the most critically attacked shows ever, but I contend that in it's best days was brilliantly conceived, written and acted.Buddy Ebsen actually brought a dignity to the Jed Clampett role. Irene Ryan was amazing as granny. Donna Douglas was many baby boomer's first love, and In my opinion Max Baer jr has been underrated for his Jethro Bodine. Some of the biggest laughs were Jethro wanting to be a double knot spy, or his other 'careers'. And unlike other TV 'idiots' (like Crazy Guggenheim or Gomer pyle) he thankfully never sang!

Paul Henning wrote for George Burns and Gracie Allen during the forties, and created the Bob Cummings Show (Love that Bob) in the 50's.

Hiway29,

You're right... a sad day indeed. Of all the work he did, the most creative, original, imaginative, and hence most risky work he ever did was Green Acres, IMO. What a life he had.. lived to be 93.

---Click on the pic below---

henningpaul.jpg

sudo

quote:
Originally posted by ChattyKathy:

A new one and see y'all later.

quote:
The days go on and on... they don't end. All my life needed was a sense of someplace to go. I don't believe that one should devote his life to morbid self-attention, I believe that one should become a person like other people.

So does anyone recognize this quote?

icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

Me neither!

icon_razz.gif:P--> wink2.gif;)-->