GreaseSpot Cafe

Oxygen saturated water- To your Health

David Anderson

Drove my chevy to the levy but it was cold and lonly in the deep dark night so, realizing that all the glitters is not gold, I climbed the stairway to the restaurant in time to hear Alice say Oh won't you come with me, baby take my hand so I like, said, well, that's america.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krys talked early on about the benefits of a hyperbaric oxygen chamber, and those things are in hospitals right now, helping people.

Oxygen saturated water is supposed to be an extension of that theory ... no, it hasn't been scientifically proven yet, but has been reported to help folks and animals.

I continue to have an open mind about it.

IT'S THE WEEKEND, give 'em hell.

14_6_12.gif14_6_12.gif14_6_12.gif14_6_12.gif14_6_12.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Raf:

A long, long time ago and it was far away but it was so much better than a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold and she's buying anything you want at Alice's (duh duh duh duh DAH duh duh duh du-de-duh) restaurant!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Bluzeman:

Drove my chevy to the levy but it was cold and lonly in the deep dark night so, realizing that all the glitters is not gold, I climbed the stairway to the restaurant in time to hear Alice say Oh won't you come with me, baby take my hand so I like, said, well, that's america.

I'll be honest I've not read all of this thread so have no real right to be here but I laughed so hard when I read Raf and Bluzeman's exchange and that was while I was on the phone with Rick. He had called to sell me the full version of this Readers Digest version posted above. I read the last couple pages of this thread while he listened and it was then after I was primed and laughing my butt off that he offered to sell me the full version of this beauty for only 19.95 from K-Tel (sp?).

Raf I think maybe you better be talking to that boy on that one. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Thanks for letting me barge in but that was priceless you guys. So many songs, so few words. wave.gif:wave:-->

Ok, a question for David.

I saw Penta water at the supermarket today. Nearly $40 for a case... Now that in itself didn't bother me so much. What did was that it was packaged in *plastic* bottles. Now I used to raise tropical fish, and one thing I learned is that if I kept my stock of fish water in plastic containers for longer than a week or two, the fish would die, presumeably from something that diffused out of the plastic into the water.

Now I know that fish are a more sensitive indicator of contaminates than humans, but just the same, if I'm paying nearly $40/case for bottled water, I'd sure expect it to come in glass containers. I'd also wonder whether the extra oxygen content of the water might interact with the plastic in some bad and unforeseen way.

Incidently, I fiddled around with oxygenating my own water about 15 years ago. I used tap water and the oxygen from my welding bottle. Looking back, I think that lowering the temperature is probably essential to the process.

quote:
if I'm paying nearly $40/case for bottled water

BEER doesn't even cost $40.00 a case,. even in glass bottles. icon_eek.gif

Well, I wouldn't recommend using a refrigerator compressor to oxygenate anything.. a few technical issues, besides the compressor possibly taking off a hundred feet in the air..

Do what you want with the water. Now anybody that touches my Yellow Tail, you're in trouble..

quote:
BEER doesn't even cost $40.00 a case,. even in glass bottles. Eek

That was my first thought. Not even my favorite, Spaten Optimator, all the way from Munich.

On the other hand, the Penta display had free CDs and books to explain why I should drink their $40/case water.

I tend to gravitate towards the cabernet.. but anything yellow tail is quite good.

Cripe, for forty bucks though..

They had yellow tail on sale here, the BIG bottles- $10.00 a bottle. Unbelievable..I got four. That's all they had left..

quote:
Ok, a question for David.

I saw Penta water at the supermarket today. Nearly $40 for a case... Now that in itself didn't bother me so much. What did was that it was packaged in *plastic* bottles. Now I used to raise tropical fish, and one thing I learned is that if I kept my stock of fish water in plastic containers for longer than a week or two, the fish would die, presumeably from something that diffused out of the plastic into the water.

Hey Jim, in case you missed it, the purpose of this thread was to enable people to make their own oxygenated water so they wouldn't have to spend $40 a case for it- and then they could store it in any container they liked.

But your bigger question, as to why the fish died from the water you stored in plastic containers, I would presume it was from too much BOD (biological oxygen demand) in the tap water you used- that consumed all the free oxygen in the water so there was none left for the fish when you got around to giving it to them.

You see, BOD is a lot like the 50+ posts to this thread since my last post- they consume oxygen, survive at the expense of others, and add nothing to the discussion. EPA would call them pollutants- sort of like the overflow from septic tanks that gets discharged into rivers, creeks, and Lake Erie, which we then drink. The only way to get rid of them, without adding other posions, is to boil the water and kill them.

But try puting your tropical fish in distilled water and see what happens. You can buy distilled water for $1 a gallon, but probably can't get that in glass either. Maybe you're not old enough to remember, but there was a time when most liquids came in glass containers- and lots of kids cut themselves on broken glass. So plastic came along as an answer to that problem. And plastic coated cans answered the complaints of the beer drinkers.

But your fish will surely die from distilled water since it also has no oxygen in it. But if you aerate the distilled water, or better yet saturate it with pure oxygen, they will be tickled pink.

FedGov is going to spend millions to do a study on why there is no oxygen in the deep water at places in Lake Erie in August. If they'd spend the money on tankers filled with liquid oxygen instead and then used known science to oxygenate the lake, the fish would be happier. Ah, but that would be too simple- and would invite the scorn of all the nay-sayers of the world that would rather talk than fish.

But there is hope, because I know of five tanker trucks of liquid oxygen a week that go up to Detroit from the Ohio River plant that generates oxygen, either for their waste treatment plants or their drinking water plants- maybe they're the same plant, a modern miracle of recycling! And in fifty years we'll know if people lived longer or shorter lives on average in Detroit, due to some engineers decision to add oxygen somewhere to the municipal water stream. One thing you can bet on is that the engineer used known laws of physics, chemistry, and physiology rather than double blind studies, to back up his decision.