GreaseSpot Cafe

what would Jesus do?

polar bear

polar bear.

welcome [back?] to Greasespot Cafe!!!!

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Probably some administrator will move this thread to "Doctrine."

Def over on the current homosexual thread (many pop up here) said something like "don't tell me you want equal treatment and then say how special you are."

If you want "What would Jesus do?" to die, then remove it from your vocabulary, and certainly don't start a thread about it.

Greasespot threads can have a life of their own. Check out the "The" thread or "thread killer" thread for simple example. The nostalgia thread over in the reading room is carefully protected in content and filled with content by the interested parties.

What would Jesus do? is a favorite of mine. I love Jesus, and since leaving twi, I can say that word.

When in twi, in my neck of the woods, there was a big deal made about pronouncing that Jesus name lest we be using the name of the devil spurt named Jesus (? ? ? )

And Holy Spirit back then eased my mind over that one by saying "Jesus" rhymed with the cracker "Cheezits."

Jesus was and is a great guy, and what He would do in a situation is my life living criteria.

As Kit-of-tacky-poems, thinking of the hands of His today, I wrote a song (unpublished, of course, but In my mind it's got a strong beat" (this is off the top of my head. Something like this...)

quote:
WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

What would Jesus do?

What would Jesus do?

What would Jesus do if He were me or you?

Would He walk like you do?

Would he talk like you do?

What would Jesus do?

Oh, what would Jesus do?

What would Jesus do?

What would Jesus do?

What would Jesus do if He were me or you?

He would walk like you do.

He would talk like you do.

He would do what you do.

Oh, that's what He would do.

Oh, that's what He would do.

He is in me and you,

Doing what we do.

That's what He does do.

Oh That's what He does do.

As we do what we do,

We do what Jesus does do.

In this place today,

We show His face today.

Jesus does what we do.

Kit

Polar, I can understand what your saying but you can still use the term what would Jesus do and think along the lines of this day and age. I would like to think that I can still think that way but use my own way of doing things with the love that was intended.

In twi we weren't allowed to use just the name of Jesus, it had to be Jesus Christ. I happen to like using the name of Jesus, it makes it more personal to me.

quote:
Originally posted by polar bear:

Please, I think that this phrase has been used to control people. Jesus Christ does not live in our time. We cannot possbily live like he did. It would be better to say. What in love like Christ did. But spare me your religious plattitudes. I don't want to hear this phrase again.

I've recently used this saying "what would Jesus do" in a political conversation here. My usage of it there was regarding how the world would use this saying to hold us in guilt in regards to giving. When the saying is from a heart like Kit's it's a good thing indeed! When it's from an opportunist seeking power over the hearer it's not a good thing at all. There's where my dislike lies for the phrase at times, not in the potential we can aspire to walk in. I don't hold myself even in the shadows of such things, but I believe we can attempt it nonetheless.

quote:
When the saying is from a heart like Kit's it's a good thing indeed! When it's from an opportunist seeking power over the hearer it's not a good thing at all. There's where my dislike lies for the phrase at times, not in the potential we can aspire to walk in.

Good point, Kathy.

Recently saw a bumper sticker that said --

WHO WOULD JESUS BOMB? icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Hi, everyone. It's been a while but I thought I'd add my 2 cents.

I like the saying when it is used as it was originally intended, that is, to get one to stop and think about what they are doing.

Like any other 'good' thing, it can be mis-used if it falls into the wrong hands.

I think the thing I find most delightful is the fact that we can discuss weather we like it or not, we can agree to disagree, and even modify our opinion as we gain a wider perspective based on what other posters say.

This is the greatness of GSC.

love, Ken

Hmm. WWJD has been demonstrated to be good for some of the posters here and others. I don't use it. I also don't say "What would the Goddess Do?" or "What would Ganesha do?" I think when people wear the jewelry and say the phrase they are usually wanting to emulate good character.

I have heard another saying that I like more. "Behave as if the Divine/God/Goddess matters in everyone and everything" and that makes me think of behaving with respect and love towards all people.

I like the song "We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall we return, like a drop of water flowing to the ocean..." however, I don't usually sing it in public. Makes me remember how connected we are to each other, the Earth, and Spirit/God/Goddess.

quote:
Hi, everyone. It's been a while but I thought I'd add my 2 cents.

I like the saying when it is used as it was originally intended, that is, to get one to stop and think about what they are doing.

I agree -- and what's more, I usually quote that phrase more to myself, than to others, as a gentle admonition to myself to do the right thing, and not get locked up in my own personal preferences. icon_smile.gif:)-->

I promised myself to take a break from greasespot for a while but this thread got me interested.

I understandand where you are coming from polar bear.

I like to think of it as what did Jesus say, as well as what would he do.

John 14:25These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. 26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

"and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

If what Jesus said and did, did not apply today then why would he say this? I think what he said and did does apply today, but not all at once-that would be a lot to handle.

Whatsoever Jesus said does apply today and the Holy Spirit will bring it to our remembrance, as we continue our journey and walk with the Spirit.

Ok- back to taking a break from greasespot...love to all!

In TWI that was a question that could get you M&A, the correct version of that question for TWIts was "What would PAUL do?" or "What would LCM do?"

Personally, I just think "What would be the best way to handle this situation?" and I don't have any t-shirts that say that. icon_wink.gif;)-->