GreaseSpot Cafe

Wierwille books on eBay - going for HIGH $$$

Jeff USAF RET

quote:
Originally posted by Hooner:

Anyone know where I can get a copy of or the book titled, "Teaching God's Word to Children."

I have missed the auction the few times it was on Ebay.

The book wasn't exactly a revolutionary eye-opener.

You are aware that there's similar and better books out there on the subject,

right?

You are aware that there's similar and better information out there online for

free, right?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Originally posted by JustThinking:

I believe I still have a copy. If I do, you can have it. I'll see if I can find it. Are you willing to pay for shipping?

JT

I would be happy to pay for shipping.Thank you very much.

quote:
originally posted by Wordwolf:

You are aware that there's similar and better books out there on the subject,

right?

You are aware that there's similar and better information out there online for

free, right?

I had seen the book a couple of years ago and I'm always looking for children's activities. I liked some of the ones that were in there. As with all churches, I'm learning to sift through the good and bad. I'm still healing from my time, but I did like some of the activities in the book. Do you have any recommendations? I would love to look into them. Thanks.

I dunno what kind of activities you're looking for, but one of my most favoritest ( icon_biggrin.gif:D--> )activities in VBS growing up was laying down on butcher paper and having the teacher completely outline my body with a crayon and then I colored Joseph's coat of many colors onto my very own body. (all of us kids did this - not to make me sound like I was the only one who got to do it.)

I'm older than I'd like to admit, but I can still remember the teaching and feeling extra special that day.

Wow! I just saw those SNS tapes. I have a bunch sitting around somewhere that I got from someone else that gave them to me in a tape holder from who knows when. I'm sure there are Wierwille tapes there based on how old they are.

I should get around to selling my books too. In fact, I just saw that someone is selling a ton of stuff (recently out of TWI perhaps?) and if they get as much money as they are asking for, I'll definitely have to put my stuff up on eBay. I could probably make a good $500 from my TWI stuff if those prices are all correct.

Hey Hooner,

In the family corps one of the jobs my hubs had was taking care of three year olds. One afternoon they were really wound up and he was particularly tired, so he told them they were going to have a rock contest to see who could be the very best rock. They did such a good job that some fell asleep, and he got a few minutes of peace and quiet...sorry for the derail.

quote:
Originally posted by dmiller:

I've got close to 200 SNS tapes here. I've been using some of them as "blank" tapes for music and such. icon_eek.gif

That's sort of like those guys who get mad at their mothers for throwing their comic book collections away.

Seriously though, one of the reasons I have yet to sell any of my TWI stuff is that I don't want to promote TWI in any fashion. I don't like the idea of their books falling into the hands of an innocent person who doesn't know what they're getting themselves into.

quote:
posted by Mister P-Mosh:

Seriously though, one of the reasons I have yet to sell any of my TWI stuff is that I don't want to promote TWI in any fashion. I don't like the idea of their books falling into the hands of an innocent person who doesn't know what they're getting themselves into.

I hear that, loud and clear. I haven't sold any of my stuff either, and I have a lot that date back to the mid-70's, and then some.

It is only the enticement of the $$ that makes me consider doing so. I would hope that whomever might be interested in purchasing "archival" twi paraphenalia, would be doing so from an historical perspective, but looking at it honestly -- I would suspect otherwise. icon_frown.gif:(-->

I don't want to spread the myth either. It has been around way too long. This stuff has been in my basement for a couple of decades. Perhaps a few more years won't hurt them! icon_wink.gif;)-->

Choo-Choo! Another derail, but Mister P it is from the Lyle Lovett song "If I Had a Boat", which has a line that says "The mystery masked man was smart, he got himself a Tonto and Tonto did the dirty work for free, but Tonto he was smarter and one day said Kemosabe, kiss my as* I bought a boat, I'm going out to sea"...I see the masked man as Wierwille/Craig/corrupt leader of your choice, Tonto as all of us who slaved away years of our lives , and buying a boat and going out to sea as leaving the insanity of the cult and getting on with our lives.

Does it mean "foolish" in Spanish? If so, that IS pretty funny but not what I intended.

Back on track...I have hardbound piffle series and some teaching tapes from the 70's, and other stuff. We tossed lots of stuff years ago, but kept a few things. I'm with you guys that I don't want to promote TWI by selling it.

quote:
Originally posted by tonto:

Does it mean "foolish" in Spanish? If so, that IS pretty funny but not what I intended.

Back on track...I have hardbound piffle series and some teaching tapes from the 70's, and other stuff. We tossed lots of stuff years ago, but kept a few things. I'm with you guys that I don't want to promote TWI by selling it.

Specifically, it's a word for "idiot" (although not as strong as idiota) in Spanish.

As far as selling TWI stuff goes, I've found that there are people out there who still believe in TWI stuff but are in the offshoots, and there is no way to talk them out of it. I wouldn't feel guilty about selling my stuff to an offshoot attending person. It's those that would randomly pick up the book and start thinking, "Hey, I never heard of it, but this PFAL stuff is great!" that worries me more than anything.

Well, talk amongst yourselves and decide if you think the Spanish interpretation of my name applies. icon_smile.gif:)--> I'm sticking with mine.

Shoot, I gave away some nice silver and turquoise jewelry from an old boyfriend when I started going to "twig", I threw away years of concert ticket stubs before I went wow, and I took an impressive vinyl collection to the dump on Uncle Harry Day. I think I'm keeping some way crap just to reject that old method of operation. (But if there was serious money involved I could change my mind). anim-smile.gif

Tonto,

welcome to the cafe.

I thought you were referring to the old joke.

"Well, Tonto, it looks like we're surrounded by Indians."

"What do you mean WE, kemo sabe?"

I thought it might refer to the lawsuits twi has to deal with,

maybe.

=========

A joke I once heard from another GSC regular once (Raf)

said that the Lone Ranger finally found out that Tonto had

actually been calling him "que no sabe" all those years.

("Doesn't know what".)

In case you're wondering,

Kemo sabe means "white shirt" in two languages

and "soggy shrub" in one.

I figure it referred to the guy's white shirt.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wowsers, catcup, nice work on the Rawlins tapes!!!

I have a few Way-related books left, and they are going up on eBay this week. Two pamphlets -- Dorothy Owens' Christian Etiquette and Wierwille's poetry collection An Album of Verse. I am auctioning them off as a set.

I also have two books that were written by Corps grads and offered in The Way Bookstore. One is L*nn*ll J*hns*n's book of poetry, and the other is D*nn*s McG**'s novel, The Rescue. He wrote the book while on Staff at Rome City, and I was one of his "editors" that got to preview the manuscript and make suggestions. Both LJ and DM were kind, gentle people. I hope they are well.

Regards,

Shaz

• 1 month later...