GreaseSpot Cafe

Wierwille books on eBay - going for HIGH $$$

Jeff USAF RET

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oldies,

After the purges of the early 90s, TWI put their logo on EVERYTHING to make it harder for offshoots to sell their merchandise. They also came up with all "new" versions of VPW's books. Nothing big, really. Different font and their logo on the cover. May have made some minor edits. Not sure. Great way to sell the same books all over again.

JT

Oldies,

This is not an "attack" on you personally...really it isn't. I hope you take this as it is offered, an indication of why you are so often "dissed."

Usually...in most types of collecting the "originals" will be of greater value than subsequent editions. NOT SO with the product of the CULT known as twi.

You have what your "memories" of twi are...such as they are. But...that is simply not what twi is or has been for almost 20 years.

I can with great confidence say that TWI of the 90s was an entirely different animal from any thing that you EVER DREAMED.

You insist on engaging in hand to hand combat with people that experienced and entirely different CULT (I am sorry OM but I cannot use the term MINISTRY) than you experienced. I for better or worse, experience both. I often watch you defend what you believe to be true and admire you for that. On the other hand, I KNOW that your opponents have no idea what you are talking about...and that you have NO IDEA what they experienced. In reality.....you might as well be defending Billy Graham...because in fact, your situations were so different. YOU ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE SAME CULTS.

What you remember or think you remember....FINE....I don't question that you experienced what you experienced. What you do not seem to understand is that after 1989......it was entirely different....no matter what your friends or family members may have related to you.

With respect.....I hope you understand that.....Radar

OM...

Radar's response:

Usually...in most types of collecting the "originals" will be of greater value than subsequent editions. NOT SO with the product of the CULT known as twi.

Only that there are serious differences as to why a LATER VERSION would be auctioned off at a higher rate than an earlier version. That was your question wasn't it?

ROR

Maybe I'm not getting Radar's point, either.

I'd think the only people who'd buy LCM's books and the later editions of VPW's books would be those who are still in and can get them right from the bookstore.

In general used-book terms, the earlier the edition, the higher the value, so I'd agree with OM there.

In ex-twi terms, the earlier the edition, the more likely that someone who was in before the f®og(gy the gremlin) years and might be waxing sentimental for the good old days or having regrets about tossing their books would pay the big bucks to buy those books at auction.

My 2 cents, anyway.

Linda

My guess as to why the newer editions have more value on E-Bay would be curiosity. Can’t you just hear them, “honey, take a look at this! There is a new versions of the blue-book, wonder what they changed now? Let’s get that sucker and see what they did to it!!!!”

There are numerous groups out there, some small and isolated and others networked together. Many are run by early WC, and they keep and move PFAL and those materials.

Many see themselves as *guardians* and *watchmen*, they would just have to jump on something like this to see what *they* did to their ministry and the materials.

Hey, like OM they have memories of a great thing. If it trips their trigger who am I to judge? icon_cool.gif

Radar said TWI ws a different Animal in the 90s, I would have said a different Beast.

Radar ... thanks for the explanation you gave, you tried. I for one appreciated your loving intention in trying to help.

Personally, I would not spend another dime on these books. I believe that TWI is running up the prices on their published books so they themselves might earn a dollar or two on that warehouse full of crud they can't sell.

Thus raise up the price during LCMs years so maybe someday they will be able to get rid of his personally writings/books and get their money back.

Just my opinion

Digi

quote:
I believe that TWI is running up the prices on their published books so they themselves might earn a dollar or two on that warehouse full of crud they can't sell.

Hmm. Could very well be. Didn't think of that angle.

quote:
Originally posted by Lightside:

The results of that Ebay auction for the JCOP and JCOPS.

Somebody made out OK.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEBWA:IT

Holy crap. I really need to sell mine. Of course, now that I mentioned it here, the WayGB would try to trace it back to who I really am or something. So, I'll have to wait yet again.

Wow--- there's even a set of tapes from University of Life for sale now.

Anybody remember years ago when someone saw a syllabus for sale at a garage sale and went ballistic about it? The person bought it and sent it back to "headquarters". (Recycling before its prime?).

Anyhow, we were told we should send turn anything like that back in so that "unbelievers" couldn't get their hands on them!

Now don't you all feel bad about selling your things (NOT!)?!