GreaseSpot Cafe

Wierwille books on eBay - going for HIGH $$$

Jeff USAF RET

Sorry Raf that I said that these folks still worship vpw's writings. I should have said following his teachings. Otherwise, why would they want them?

The nice thing is that even if someone doesn't end up paying, you can either offer it to the lower bidder, or relist them. The books have a very low listing rate, unlike higher dollar items. Usually under 50 cents.

One of the things I tried to do, expecially on things not directly done by vpw, was to put a line at the bottom of the ad saying "recommended reading by vp wierwille & the way international". That's how I sold my Witness of the Stars book. That is very important on any Martindale books.

After I was through, I had some things left over & emailed former buyers to see if they wanted them & sold some things that way.

I wish I would have done it earlier.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have four years worth of Sunday night Teaching cassettes circa 1973-1977 for sale. They are all in good shape and still sound good providing you have a good cassette player. And also some nice old Way magazines circa 1972-1977 in great shape...if'n you can show me your picture in one of them I might evn give it to free!

I was amazed that we were able to fill two large trash cans just with audio cassettes. We tossed all of the Wierwille stuff about 10 years ago or so. Only because we were lazy. And dang it if we didn't run across another stash of the tapes. A few hundred more old Wierwille tapes.

YOU CAN"T HAVE THEM! HAHAHA! We are throwing them away, too. There's much better out there. Wierwille's stuff is poison.

• 6 months later...

I currently have both those books ......

Passover and Promise Seed

Lets wait and see how high the go for ....

76$ now ....... not even 3 days yet

I also have VPW "Born again To Serve" autobiography ...... hmmm wondering now

and much more!!

But .. there is no way I would sell it back to TWI

Now what about craiggers books .. I have those too .....guess there not worth anything LOL

Digi

Gee, I've got two autographed copies of JCOP and one autographed copy of ATDAN. I bet could get a bundle for um.

Wait a minute, I've also got a copy of "The Living Word Speaks"

It has five autographs. Your not gonna believe what the last one is!!!

1. L.C.M.

2. Tom Jenkinson

3. Ralph Dubofsky

4. David C. Craley

Last of all: Rosolie F. Rivenbark

I threw out my material a long time ago.I figured I would take the teaching of diablo spiritus seriously. How spiritus inhabit objects or some objects leave an open door to their fine fellowship in your home. Was trying to clean up my life. I could sence a difference spiritually after I unloaded. It was cathartic.

Although "All Aborad" was found up in my parents attic. I'm sure the presence of that record must have put a hardship in them. SORRY folks.

I tore into that record with a drumal tool. Tried to make a chime out of it. Well, no sucess and it met the fate of all the other stuff. Cast out!

"The Living Word Speaks"

"It is customary for colleagues, students, and admirers of a noted scholar to publish a collection of research essys in honor of their friend on a special anniversary or occasion"

"Such a celebrative volume is called a "festschrift", which comes from the German Fest and Schrift, literally, "festival writing"

"December 31, 1981, is the sixty-fifth birthday of VPW, the man to whom we as contributors wish to pay tribute."

Writers:

Walter J. Cummins

Lonnell E. Johnson

Bo Reahard

Bernita Jess

John Crouch

Earl Burton

Gary R. Curtis

L. Craig Martindale

Robert C. Moynihan

Ross Tracy

Malvin L. George

Thomas Jenkinson

Rosalie F. Rivenbark

John A. Lynn

Robert F. Winegarner

Ralph A. Dubofsky

Elena S. Whiteside

Beth Lowder

Frederick Winegarner

Vince Finnegan

David C. Craley

This is perhaps a little off-topic, but reading about all the TWI books in Ebay brought this to mind:

Does anyone know if TWI still holds the rights to E. W. Bullinger's Companion Bible? A number of years ago, I recall reading somewhere that they had acquired the rights.

ExWayDaryl

Tom,

B. Jess, Moynihan, Mal George, and Rosie are still in. (As far

as I know) Any others?

------------------------------------

Walter J. Cummins

Lonnell E. Johnson

Bo Reahard

Bernita Jess

John Crouch

Earl Burton

Gary R. Curtis

L. Craig Martindale

Robert C. Moynihan

Ross Tracy

Malvin L. George

Thomas Jenkinson

Rosalie F. Rivenbark

John A. Lynn

Robert F. Winegarner

Ralph A. Dubofsky

Elena S. Whiteside

Beth Lowder

Frederick Winegarner

Vince Finnegan

David C. Craley

quote:
Originally posted by ExWayDaryl:

This is perhaps a little off-topic, but reading about all the TWI books in Ebay brought this to mind:

Does anyone know if TWI still holds the rights to E. W. Bullinger's Companion Bible? A number of years ago, I recall reading somewhere that they had acquired the rights.

ExWayDaryl

I don't know where you read that.

Like Young's Concordance, they CARRIED the thing, but you could BUY it

anywhere.

Why would Zondervan agree to limit the distribution like that?

You can fricking buy them in Barnes & Noble if you want.

(Or online at Barnes & Noble.com..not like I'm advertising.)

All I know about TWI's right to publish the Companion Bible is that they did purchase the rights to publish. I did see a copy of the Companion Bible in the Way bookstore that had "Published by the Way, International", printed on the front page.

I think the way, later on, sold the rights back to zondervan.

Anybody know more about this?

Yes the rights Zondervan had were up for renewal. Several people then bought the rights The Way among them. They misrepresented it as having exclusive rights not true. Truth for Today also publishes the Bible as well as other Bullinger Books, Kregal does the bible for them. I talk on occasion with a person there he is aware of the Way because many buy or used to buy books from them he asked about the Also book that the Way used to publish he used to buy them from Mrs. *llen at the Way bookstore and wondered if he still could I explained the story to him and he did try but of course they would not sell to him.

They have the rights to the Bullinger books and sell most of them including some of the old compiled Writings out of print. He asked what the Way had done with the Bibles. The people at Zondervan had told him the real story which is The Way bought a lot of printed but unbound Bibles from them for a song then printed a cover page with the Way name on it and added it to the front then had them bound. This gave the impression that they had exclusive rights to the Bible. He had a lot of respect for the Way believers but was not to happy with their misrepresentation or the fact that they would not sell him the also book. A funny story he shared he said he always could tell when way folks ordered books because they always sent money orders or cash he asked if we could not have checking accounts. I told him no but I suspected that it was because people never had enough money left to keep them open. Someone that became involved with their ministry was so excited about the things he learned from the Bullinger books that he gave them a large grant to publish the out of print writings. It will be several books the first two are done and are published under Selected Writings I & II and are a Truth for Today exclusive as far as I know anyway we buy them from them.

Edited by Whitedove

"The Companion Bible" is published by Kregel Publications.

The 198 entries in the Appendix to the Companion Bible are online.

The Witness of the Stars

Number in Scripture

Ten Sermons on the Second Advent

The Apocalypse

How to Enjoy the Bible

Things to Come

are also online.

"Also" is not also on the list.

Edited by lovematters

Other Books by E. W. Bullinger

Commentary on Revelation

The Chief Musician