GreaseSpot Cafe

Wierwille books on eBay - going for HIGH $$$

Jeff USAF RET

Okay,

I don't have any books by TWI anymore. They are long since gone to the dump.

But there does seem to be a HUGE market for buying books by WIERWILLE on eBay.com

I have seen some sell for BIG bucks!!!!!

So, you can make some money, get rid of your books, and tell the buyer about GREASE SPOT CAFE.

icon_smile.gif:)-->

Just a thought!

Yes, I know some of you reading this would like to buy books by Wierwille, I just can't stand the thought of having them in my house.

Just my way of processing the afterlife of TWI.

Sure love you folks!

Jeff

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a lot of money just recently on all my old books. If you still have them, it's worth it to list them. Its better to list them individually & not as a group so people can buy them as they want them. I sold EVERY SINGLE WIERWILLE book! I made about $500!

People still worship vpw's writings & can't buy them from twi directly. Believe me, they will go almost immediately.

Hey, it's not always "worship." There's some curiosity and nostalgia involved too.

I bought the 1989 ROA set some time ago, just to have it (it did not come with a barf bag, but it should have). I'm really grateful to have it, too. No, I'm not kidding.

I also never got to hear the Harmony of the Gospels set. I was very pleased to get that.

But I'm hardly a VPW worshipper (ask around. Really, I'm not).

So, by all means, sell 'em if you want. Make some big bucks if you can. But please don't guess the motives of the buyers. icon_smile.gif:)-->

I have the complete set of PFAL books from 1974 including at slightly water damaged Are the Dead Alive Now? Think I could get a bundle for those? It would be nice to get something back from TWI. Hey! If I did get a bundle for those books would that make them right?

I need my books and I sure could use the money.

I need them for my children to get a grip on why some things happened the way they did as they grew up. honestly my older ones remember alot of the details and why things happened the way they did but some of them do not and the books and my journals will give them more understanding some day I hope . probably after im dead tho. so im keeping them . besides heck maybe if it goes on like this by the time they get them they can make some serious money of them ! who knows how long this is going to last? will they be worth more or less in the next twenty years or so?

I wonder if non-way people buy them?? People who have heard belatedly that VPW was a good writer, (but that the cult stinks)??

Cult researchers??

People who have been witnessed to??

Sort of an "underground" movement to buy TWI books??

For YEARS I had all my Way books, magasines, and tapes (about 5 years worth) and then I lost most of them because I left them in a storage bin and didn't keep paying the rent. I wish I still had them, maybe one day I shall go on ebay. However, when I had them I used to grimace and scoff when I packed and moved (oh, these stoopid Way books, sheeeesh....)

All I have today is the PFAL book, the Promised Seed, and 3 Way mags..I sort of miss the ones I lost due to GS Cafe...see, even though you're negative about PFAL and materials, I still sorta miss them.

Although I was mostly in TWi in the Martindale years, I'd like to get rid of all my crap. I was going to sell it on Ebay, but I'd like to offer it up here first if anyone wants to buy anything from me. I don't have a list of everything yet, but I've got most of the PFAL books, syllabus, as well as many of the other books, pamphlets, etc. I have the WAP syllibus (syllibii?) also, so if any of you are curious about how crazy LCM's advanced class is, I can sell you all of that too.

I have various tapes, but I haven't looked to see what they are yet. They're probably mostly LCM, but I also got a bunch of old tapes that came in a tape holder I got from a yard sale of a TWI follower.

If there's anything anyone here wants, make me an offer on a private message, and I'll see what I can do. If not, I'll probably try putting it up on Ebay. I can accept checks but also credit cards and paypal accounts but I'll have to see if I have the books and tapes people want first.

MJ412,

I lost my Way books because I had most of them in storage and didn't pay the rent.

I miss them due to GS Cafe (even though most are negative about TWI) Posts here make me want to take a new look at old books, tapes, etc.I'm glad I've got the books I've got. I reread "living in love" recently and got new insights.

Old way books selling on Ebay have been a source

of amazement for many since Waydale was around.

Nothing new really. Ebay is a testament to the

phrase that one man's junk is another's treasure.

I threw out my Way books long before Ebay

existed. I wanted to burn them on Uncle Harry

day but I was cleaning house one day and they

had to go. I'd be happy to have sold them for

lots of money I certainly don't regret tossing

them.

quote:
Old way books selling on Ebay have been a source of amazement for many since Waydale was around. Nothing new really. Ebay is a testament to the phrase that one man's junk is another's treasure.

Call me skeptical.......but I have often wondered if the bod has instructed DESIGNATED BUYERS to go on ebay and buy twi stuff. IMO they don't want this stuff out there for others to grab.... nor do they like the insinuation that exwayfers are UNLOADING THIS MATERIAL.

It raises questions about the integrity of twi. And.......they sure don't need more people ASKING MORE QUESTIONS. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Fresh

Edited by Guest

While I wouldn't be surprised if you were right, Fresh, I think at the very least that there's a healthy balance between the two. I can't tell you how happy I was to get the Harmony of the Gospels set, and to listen to the whole thing. I plan on listening to it many times, even though I question some of its reasonings (there's this one part where Martindale dismisses a verse, without evidence, solely because it disagrees with what he's teaching. Red flag! Red flag!).

Interesting stuff.

So not every buyer is WayGB, though I'm sure they're buying too.

Sellers beware there are bidders out there told to bid to drive up the price, but not to pay! What that means to the seller is a listing fee + the end value fee. To get the fee back you have to wait 90 days almost before it is refunded. But you know what? Its still worth it to me but beware of a bidder named (renewed9) this one I know doesn't pay and sent me some crap email about paying for God's Word! What the he!! do they think they are doing with their precious ABS?

Oh that's right that pays for the joy of hearing Rosie teach, oh wait she can't,won't teach.

List away and don't forget to turn in NON PAYING BIDDERS Ebay kicks em off after 3 infractions.

WAYWho?

>>

List away and don't forget to turn in NON PAYING BIDDERS Ebay kicks em off after 3 infractions.

Ebay Rant ahead so skip if you don't like

OT posts...

Amen. This is the single most biggest headache

for me since I'm primarily an Ebay seller. I

deal a lot of music equipment most of which

sells for at least several hundred bucks and up so I make sure that I spell out in detail not

to bid if you aren't serious. I have lots and lots of clear, large pictures from all angles ,I make my email address available for questions and give excellent response time and for auctions that go over $500.00 I even ship free so I go to lots of trouble to make the deal

good.

But even still about 25% of the time some whack job wins the bid and I get this email like "dude I'm stoked to be copping this gear from you so where do I send the money ?" and thats it - I never hear from them again.

Amazingly so many of non-paying bidders,at

least for music equipment, seem to have the same style of communication and choose the same

words.

anywa I report them and in the past have given negative feedback immediately but thats not always a good way to handle it since early on one of the idiots gave ME negative feedback after I slammed him (which was justified) and at the time it was really hard to get it taken off without lots of interaction with their admins.

Non paying bidders are the pits - what jollies

do they get by doing this ?

Edited by Guest

I sold some TWI books a couple of years ago. Got some interesting responses from people. Most were just ex-Way offshooters who needed replacement copies or books for their kids or newbies. Another guy was amassing a collection, trying to start the biggest Biblical research library on the continent. (Hmm, could be kinda hard to buy ancient manuscripts on eBay!) Since most all of my auctions contained a phrase like, "Wierwille -- visionary or charlatan? Read and decide for yourself," I got one email from a non-bidder that asked, "Why are you so angry?" So I told her I was not angry, but sad about what had happened in TWI. Strangely, she never wrote back.... icon_wink.gif;)-->

If you want to avoid non-payers, just include a time limit on payment, and the promise to leave negative feedback on non-payers. Then offer the book to the next highest bidder on the bid history. (eBay now has a place for the seller to do this on their My EBay page.)

I had no big problems with my auctions, and most everyone was polite. I DID get a warning from eBay, though, for mislabeling an auction, which I didn't do. WayGB, perhaps?

Regards,

Shaz

Too bad about the books...I know a Greek island that has a dump full of them! If anyone wants to go searching for them so they can get a little extra cabbage... they can be my guest. Many are still in the wrapper!

We could start a new site for ex-way material.

double u double u double u E-DUMP dot com

;-)