GreaseSpot Cafe

Peeler case against TWI: court testimony

IMF777

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Seth & IMF

I've e-mailed the attorney you showed on the site and asked if they would like my families letters that we sent to Rosi, now I'm waiting for a response. Hope many, many of you do the same. We did not just leave, we sent information to the leadership and believers in our area so that there would never be any doubt as to our reasons for leaving and it certainly cannot be a coincidence that people all over the country left for the exact same reasons, so maybe these letters will be allowed in court. I'd even have mine notorized if necessary. Any legal input on this is appreciated.

Hope I hear from them.

Lorna.......love my cookies!

Edited by Guest

I found the articles on The Tithe Doth Still Provide and The Spiritual Abundance of Abundant Sharing!

I also found some of the state newsletters that proudly list "Believers Now Living Debt Free". But they don't have a policy on debt. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

From The Tithe article:

"TITHING IS FUNDAMENTAL. It is the most basic principle of prosperity that MUST be operated....You cannot expect God to bring anything your way without adhering to this basic principle."

"THE TITHE, when operated properly in love, profusely covers EVERY PHYSICAL NEED A BELIEVER EVER HAS IN HIS LIFE, HIS FAMILY OR HIS BUSINESS. Reread that last sentence. It is the truth."

"When you tithe OFF THE TOP of your income and your increase in other categories of physical abundance, then you are taking positive and bold action AGAINST THE ADVERSARY'S PLOTS TO ANNIHILATE YOU, YOUR FAMILY, YOUR BUSINESS AND EVEN YOUR COMMUNITY AND NATION IN THE PHYSICAL REALM."

"So when the beggars with their tin cups and multi-guises come knocking at your pocketbook door, tugging at the heartstrings of your mind for the United Charities for Restored Reformatories or the Telethon for Pigeon-Toed Ostriches.....remember the multi-blessings of the tithe that God's Word guarantees. REMEMBER YOUR FIRST ALLEGIANCE - TO GOD AND THE MINISTRY THAT REPRESENTS HIM - then do what you will, and he will bless your every step upon His Word!"

Oh what a tangled web we weave........

Wayward,

I really believe that the believers who were abused are going to have to come forth and send in their letters if they wrote any to the attorneys. Most of the abuse came from the interpretation of the teachings and TWI II was very careful about what they put on tape and in magazine articles. What they pushed the corpse to do and say was stricter than the teachings.

If you believe that God is leading you to support this case by information you may have, I can tell you that you can be confident that your personal information will be protected.

I have spoken to the a representative from the Law Firm handling the Peeler Case, and I am very comfortable with the way things are being handled regarding confidentiality of anyone of you who would want to send letters that you may have sent to TWI when you left regarding specific problems that were not being handled properly.

They could also use any letters or documentation that you may have received from TWI IN RESPONSE to any letters you may have written. I HAVE SENT MINE AND KNOW IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO, NO SECOND THOUGHTS HERE.

The more documentation the better. I know there has to be more people out there that want the lies exposed, so now is your chance.

The contact information is still at:

http://www.excultworld.com/Lawsuit%20Docum...evidentiary.htm

http://www.chattanooga-law.com/

Horton, Maddox, & Anderson, PLLC

Attorneys and Counselors at Law

One Central Plaza, Sixth Floor

835 Georgia Ave

Chattanooga, TN 37402

Telephone: (423) 265-2560

Facsimile: (423) 265-3039

General Email: hma@chattanooga-law.com

I USED THE E-MAIL.....

PAW can you keep this on top for a while till people have a chance to decide what they would like to do?

[This message was edited by LornaDoone on January 30, 2004 at 0:12.]

[This message was edited by LornaDoone on February 01, 2004 at 15:24.] Minor adjustment on mistake in words.

[This message was edited by LornaDoone on February 01, 2004 at 15:25.]

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...

Kit:

I talked to pat over the weekend and it seems that the case is going along faster due to people reading the court testimony and the comments made here in this thread.

TWI has been dragging their feet all along, and now the depositions are being taken I think this month.

The feeling I get is that all the info sent to the lawyers for the Peelers has been greatly appreciated and will help get the truth out in the trial.

In my opinion, anything that shows that TWI lied about something in their preliminary court testimony is crucial to get to the lawyers.

Copyright 2004 by the author. All rights reserved. Posting may not be copied or reproduced by anyone, including employees and followers of The Way International, Inc.

Edited by Guest

I just forwarded various transcripts of SNST

pertaining to ABS to his lawyers.

Number 1956 for example

"Sowing sparingly is just above the tithe

The plurality giving is way beyond the tithe."

Debt is stealing, trying to accrue luxury

that you can't afford

Debt is bribery to have something that you can't afford

Accepting a bribe causes spiritual blindness

A loan for college is bribery"

Without tithing you don't respect God.

Why should He supply your need?" LCM

As I read them again I am ashamed I sat there

and did not know it was a money grabbing cult.

I gave all my SNS tapes to the Allens way back

when.....

If anybody still has their tapes, Ron could probably use them.

If you are still in

Get out now

FORTUNATEONE to be out of TWI

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...

Steven and Patty Faye are pretty neat people however the way is so imbedded in their thinking that they are pretty nasty talking to the believers at times.

I have often wondered, since I read Steven's testimony concerning James, if his thinking is still the same since the death of his daughter.

I am not being cruel when I ask but they were so sure about why bad things happened to other people. Steven was very open with his emotions and some believers wanted to do nice things for them but we were told to leave them alone.

• 1 year later...

Thanks Paw. I am planning on going and wanted to make sure I didn't miss the opportunity. I am truly looking forward to looking those people (TWI) directly in the face.

The clan is scarce around this area and no one seems to want to know about them or even care.