GreaseSpot Cafe

New TWI class

JustThinking

LCM called his class "Biblical Principles of a Believer's Family". It came out in 1995. He and Donna taught it. I can't go into it right now because looking at the syllabus makes me think of the hypocracy this man and his wife had in presenting this class and themselves as an example of a godly marriage.

Okay, I received some info, I can't tell you from who, but it is a reliable source.

Here's the skewp:

Living God's Word As A Family...taught by the Coulter's...requirement is Intermediate Class Grad...brief on class "young and old who are seeking to increase their understanding of God's beautiful design for their functions in the household.

I'm assuming that that means grad of the Intermediate WHAP! class.

"young and old who are seeking to increase their understanding of God's beautiful design for their functions in the household."

What does twi mean by "household?"

Twi household or or the couple's home?

"Functions" and "household" are LCM's favorite words.

Yeah, really!

Here's some more info from my source, who got this straight out of the April 2004 Way Ragazine:

Sampling of enthusiastic response to class....The teachings include so much on Biblical priorities, relationships, the virtuous woman, the prevailing marriage, standing as a household, raising children, ethics, and many more topics we need to be informed on.

I don't know, but what will they do for a class when the Coulters

finally get fed up and leave?

I see they managed to stick in the "prevailing" and the "household"

words that they like to ascribe new meanings to.

(As in, prevailing does not mean prosperity, and household refers to

a tiny handful of Christians who agree with us.)

It's like the word "lifestyle".

"You realize what a b.s. word 'lifestyle' is when you realize that,

from a technical standpoint,

Attila the Hun had an 'active, outgoing lifestyle.' "

(George Carlin.)

To Hell with TWI's definition of a virtuous woman. I personally know a wayfer male who enjoys keeping pictures of his way women whom he has been blessed by.

He always wanted them to have a glamor picture made because his excuse was that "I believe this is what you will look like in heaven."

The pictures were of all black women (he is white) please..no pun intended.. He was going thru some of his pictures and brought out this envelope with numerous pictures making sexual gestures. He treated them as his trophies.

I really thought alot of this guy but realized that he was a sick F--ker. I got great pleasure in telling him just that too.

So girls if you ever had a relationship with this guy named Sk*p you may want to get your picture back from him...

Okay, long post warning.

This is paraphrase from the article that was sent to me:

Okay all youse Intermediate WHAP! graduates, listen up:

We gots us a new class in the series on Biblical Studies, and it's called "Living God's Word as a Family".

quote:
This class provided Biblical insight and answers for those who are married, for those who desire to raise their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, for all men and women-young and old-who are seeking to increase their understanding of God’s beautiful design for their functions in the household.

Dis here class is taughted by the Coulters, who are

quote:
ministers of the classes of 1974 and 1973 serving at The Way International headquarters
(note: I guess they mean Way Corps grads from 74 and 73)

Okay, now follows summa da tings dat da Way Corpses who took dis class had ta say bout it:

quote:
“The teachings are electrifying, simple, and easy to be entreated. For us as a couple, Living God’s Word as a Family kindled and engendered more love and tenderness in our marriage and a greater resolve to raise our children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.”

quote:
“Nobody gets missed in the instruction of this class. The teachings include so much on Biblical priorities, relationships, the virtuous woman, the prevailing marriage, standing as a household, raising children, ethics, and many more topics we need to be informed on.”

quote:
“This teaching is crystal clear for those who want to live God’s Word, slicing through confusion and bringing great deliverance and strength to our lives. The presentation is kind, loving, forthright, and bold in the right proportions.”

quote:
“This class certainly gives people much wisdom and understanding that will help them to function more dynamically in the household, whether single or married.”

quote:
“This class gave me a clearer mind picture of the higher standard of life that we can live and expect our children to live as we teach them. It is a clear and powerful setting forth of God’s true standard, in contrast to the doctrines of the world that are so prevalent in the various media. It’s so much more of an honorable way to live-I can see how living the Word gives the greatest sense of self-respect that a person could have.”

quote:
“Living God’s Word as a Family is a mastering of light and truth that has strengthened our sweet fellowship with the Father, our marriage, and our family. It sure is great to know how to live God’s Word in our family.”

So whys dontcha go ahead and send in your moolah and get yourself in dis class now?

Talk to your twig leader (oops! sorry! I meant "househole fellowsh!t leader") about da details.

And the article is copyrighted: ©The Way International March/April 2004

Isn't that enough to gag you? all that way speak, and everything?

WAY-BOT/BOD to innie: I order you to be blessed and to tell me, in your own WAYwords, just how blessed you are to be afforded the opportunity to, in a prevailing way, share how blessed you are to be blessed by the WAYBOT/BOD......

innie: ok

Edited by Guest

When I left twi 4 years ago, we were required to write "thank you" letters to the teacher of the class (which was at that time always lcm) and give specific incidents and verses from the class that "blessed us."

We were then required to turn them into our branch/limb coordinator so that they could all be mailed together....and that way the branch coordinator could check off all our names to make sure that we were all good "little doo bees."

It really makes me sick to think of how controlling twi is and how controlled their followers are.

Radar

Radar said: We were then required to turn them into our branch/limb coordinator

=============================================

Yup, us too and then they'd get critiqued and we most times would have to write em over again.

icon_frown.gif:(--> yeah, from our heart, alright, sure.

This is the same thing they are still doing. The students are told halfway through the class the directions and when to have them ready to turn in to the class coordinator so they can all be mailed together, after they have been checked for accuracy and perfection, of course. I have heard of a couple of do-overs, Shellon.