GreaseSpot Cafe

Way myths

takemethere

Today, as I was enjoying a good stare, I remembered how when anyone looked like they were staring or daydreaming some of the people in our area would make sure to get their attention right away to snap them out of it. The reasoning was that during those times one's mind was empty and any ol' thing could come in and take up residence. It used to really bug me. Anyone else hear of this belief?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way myths? Gee, do I have a space limit here?

The head of every major religion is born of the seed of the serpent.

Using a metrnome (device to keep musical intervals which looks like an upside grandfather clock pendulum) and saying God with each click will build your believing. My first TC tried to get me to do that. Creepy.

Another one is -------------

Any musician who was truely accomplished was "seed suspect" -- ie. -- there was no way they could play that "lick"/"scale"/"phrase", etc. without being "possessed".

I remember docvic playing a piece of music (somebody on guitar) for us one time, and there was a complicated musical lick/phrase in the tune, and once it was done -- he smugly stated that no human could play that well, thus we just heard a devil spirit doing a guitar solo. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

I don't remember the tune/artist/etc., BUT I do remember thinking at the time -- "anyone who practices could pull off that lick, me included".

quote:
Using a metrnome (device to keep musical intervals which looks like an upside grandfather clock pendulum) and saying God with each click will build your believing.

JT -- sounds like a good Hypnotism technique to me! icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Yes -- creepy. icon_frown.gif:(-->

One more myth, then I'll get out of the way for others to have their say! icon_smile.gif:)-->

"If the windows to your house are dirty, it is spiritually unclean inside". icon_eek.gif

This was prevelant here in the Northland back in the early 80's. Never heard this from Hdqtrs, but DID hear this from WC in the area at the time, so naturally I assumed it eminated from NK.

quote:
Using a metrnome (device to keep musical intervals which looks like an upside grandfather clock pendulum) and saying God with each click will build your believing.

This must have been a later perversion the metrnome as I remember was from the teachings on stayed mind from Bishop K.C. Pillai. To practice staying your mind on God. I can't see how that would build believing that is assuming that you could even do that. I would think that you either believe or you do not believe.

Oh Yeah

Rock music was bad for you because it matched the beat of your heart this leading you into a trance like state where the debil spurts could operate. Unless it was WAy produced then It didn't have that effect I remember voicing the question to my husband how the same beat could produce such different results .....okay I'm a slow learner.

THe hook shot was first done by VPW

Dungeons and Dragons was created by the Way Corps

Food could be left out unrefrigerated because Standing believers couldn't get food poisoning

The way corps "created" dungeons & dragons? I don't think so templelady! Only God creates. ;-) Just kidding. Our TC threatened to kick a guy out of twig for playing it. Hmmm... so maybe they did "create" it!

VPW did the first hook shot? Yeah, right.

God's ministry.

"We're a research ministry."

The Way Ministry is 60 some-odd years old.

Various miracle health remedies such as Acidophilus. (Bacteria that aids in digestion) Why, this cured everything from yeast infections to headaches.

Just when I thought I heard it all. A metronome?

I Love "Way Myths"

TWI is everything they claim not to be.

Biggest myth of all? Well maybe not but:

There is total protection from all evil in "The Household" (later modified to: "The functioning household of the prevailing, renewed mindset of passion for the word of TWI and you better not F**K up or you're dead")

I've been going through my notebooks from my last coupla years in. Plenty of myths in there. Here's one and I kid you not this is a direct quote from our LC's wife:

"If you feel pressure because of the things you do for the ministry you have a lack of believing. It's basically selfishness"

I'm glad she said that because it was one of many verbal stepping stones on my path out of TWI.

quote:
THe hook shot was first done by VPW

Yeah, right.

I'm of the opinion that VP's entire basketball career was a myth, especially professionally.

The internet has made it very easy to research this kind of stuff. There is a group called the Association for Professional Basketball Research that has records on every pro team that ever existed, going back to 1898. You can e-mail them a name and they will check to see if that person ever played professional basketball.

The name "Wierwille" does not appear on the roster of any professional basketball team that ever existed in the United States.

Now either he played under a different name, which is not entirely out of the realm of possibility, or the entire story is a crock.

I know what I think.

Pirate, I remember a whole series of posts on Wierwille's basketball career. Somebody took the time to even interview some of his team mates etc.

I guess he was a fairly decent small college player.

Back in the 30's pro basketball was a little sketchy. Lots of little towns had "professional teams" probably more like "semi pro" probably got paid 5 bucks and a quart of Pabst. Maybe an egg sandwich.....

quote:
The name "Wierwille" does not appear on the roster of any professional basketball team that ever existed in the United States.

That's cause those records were dematerialized by devil spirits.

What was TWI's greatest practical myth?

"The Proportionate Giving Principle"

"God will open the windows of heaven the moment you lay your tithe at "the apostle's feet."

quote:
Back in the 30's pro basketball was a little sketchy. Lots of little towns had "professional teams" probably more like "semi pro" probably got paid 5 bucks and a quart of Pabst. Maybe an egg sandwich.....

True enough, but VP claimed that he played for the Sheboygan Redskins, who were part of the National Basketball League, which later became the NBA. There are extensive records for the NBL, including league rosters for every team from 1937-1949. No Wierwille.

I've never seen anything written about VP's basketball career except what he said himself. Show me some names, dates or even a picture of him holding a basketball and I might change my mind.