GreaseSpot Cafe

The Bookstore now open to the public

Royal Gorge

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Could it be something to do with the Jimmy Swaggart Ministries court case that determined that income from the sale of religious books and tracts was Taxable Earnings?

As we all know from the Peeler evidentiary hearing testimony by Rosalie, TWI sells their classes at a break even price. Their books are probably sold that way also, so no profit to tax....

Oh, Tom, use your spiritual imagination (Corps Principle #6?)

Step 1. Pretend it's not a problem or conflict.

This will stop any serious Wayfer in their tracks. Leadership is ignoring it so I will too.

Step 2. Change the subject

This gets the less suspicious newbie off-track.

Step 3. Say something generic like "Reverend Martindale's work is accurate, blah, blah, blah..."

This derails the sharper newbie who is more trusting.

Step 4. Suggest that TWI may redo the work in the future.

(I heard this ruse many times when they got questions about his classes)

Hmm... dodge and evade may now be Corps Principle #7? :-)

I find the whole situation reeks like cow manure of deception and outright lying. Decent men and women like Walter Cummins and others who really had research skills had their books pulled from the bookstore when they left TWI.

Then in contrast, you have a serial adulterer like Loy who wouldn't know a true research method or tool if it hit him in the face. And then his lousy and shoddy writings are still kept on the shelf at TWI's "bookstore"?

Everyone else who left that wrote, sung or otherwise contributed to TWI has had their stuff pulled from the shelves. Why hasn't Loy's? Is he still secretly in?

Just a guess, it may have something to do with Donna Martindale still being there. She's still there, still uses the "Martindale" name, still probably has regular contacts with him, and still wields power, authority and influence.

If she ever broke ties with Martindale and changed her name back to Lombardi, and after that they're still selling Martindale's stuff, then I'd really wonder what's what.

The good old double standard and hypocrisy is alive an well at TWI.

Tom, do they have the The Myth of the Six Million and Babylon Mystery Religion?

Are they selling the books that say those books were lies?

Here's another book that was sold by the TWI-1 bookstore once upon a time:

The Hoax of the Twentieth Century

In Chapter 1 of this book, by A.R. Butz, he writes a short paragraph about the Myth of the Six Million, that I thought was interesting:

quote:
In 1969, a short book was published in the United States, The Myth of the Six Million, attributed to an anonymous author. While some things can be said in favor of this book, e.g. I learned of Rassinier there, it also contains so many errors of fact that it illustrates that it is not enough that a book's thesis be correct, for quite a few people who used it as a basis for prosecuting public controversy got burned as a result.