GreaseSpot Cafe

The Bookstore now open to the public

Royal Gorge

I hear that TWI retail bookstore is now open to the public. (I'm sure you still can't buy books that come with any of the classes unless you are a grad.)

I was told this by someone who is currently on staff at HQ. They told me to check out theway.org for more information, but I don't see any more information on the web site.

The person is a credible source and I believe them. Apparently TWI is not publicising this information. I am guessing that it has something to do with lawsuit issues. Probably they are doing this in order to meet some legal stipulation.

Edited by royalgorge

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Royal Gorge,

Where did you hear this?

What about the Way Magazine? Can anyone get a subscription now?

If you take away the WAP Class and other class materials, what in the heck do they have to sell? Photos of the BOD?

Pat, you may be right. "IF" Royal Gorge heard right, TWI may have opened the store to the public to at least give the appearance of trying to generate revenue from its "goods and services". What they do now though will not affect the lawsuits. Too late now.

quote:
What about the Way Magazine? Can anyone get a subscription now?

Guess we will have to click on the "contact us" link to find out. Not that I will, since I can't imagine they are publishing anything worthy of a subscription.

Royal Gorge,

This is not a surprise to me, but I am interested in how you know this. I’ve heard this was in the works a month ago while talking to an innie leader. I’ve been looking on their website since then for news of this but haven’t seen it, though I’ve not checked every page. Maybe they want to be quiet about it, and just start filling orders.

Two weeks ago gladtobeout started a thread of questions we’d like to ask leadership of TWI and the bookstore issue was the first question posed.

Corporations have many reasons for moving so slowly, but I see more such positive moves in the works.

The magazine has been available all along. A friend of mine is not an innie, yet gets every issue. I think the SNS tapes have also been available all along.

I think it was my thread on Dr's Last/Lost Teaching being found and his final instructions to master the books that re-opened the bookstore. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> I'm not responsible for the sun rising (or not), though.

(This has been a paid advertisement by the Come Back to PFAL Committee.)

quote:
Corporations have many reasons for moving so slowly, but I see more such positive moves in the works.

The ONLY POSITIVE thing I see about twi "moving slowly" is that they give me more time to lock them in the cross-hairs. Nuff said. icon_mad.gif

quote:
I think it was my thread on Dr's Last/Lost Teaching being found and his final instructions to master the books that re-opened the bookstore. I'm not responsible for the sun rising (or not), though.

(This has been a paid advertisement by the Come Back to PFAL Committee.)

Funny, Mike! See, you can be a human when you try... icon_wink.gif;)-->

Regards,

Shaz

Goey,

They may be phasing out WAP, just very slowly, and eventually come back to PFAL.

Assuming still that it’s factual and the bookstore actually IS open to us all, I don’t look at this as back pedaling, as someone here called it.

I like to think of people in TWI, even leaders, as my family. We all know something went terribly wrong in there and that they need help. Sure most disagree with me as to exactly what went wrong, and thus disagree on the solutions, but we ALL know they are hurting in there.

GreaseSpoters like to think that help is being offered to innies here, so thinking and posting the worse possible scenarios of them in there is no way to entice any innies to receive such offers for help. I will try to think the best, as that’s what agape is all about.

Let’s think through just SOME of the reasons they act slow on fixing things:

During Craig’s reign there were some in TWI’s leadership structure who more enthusiastically supported Craig and all his decisions, and there were some who were less enthusiastic, even harboring grave doubts about him. Now that Craig has been deposed, there is a HUGE tension between these two groups within TWI. In my searches for information I’ve talked to several innies and this tension is very obvious. To keep the peace within the organization, top leadership there must proceed very slowly in distancing themselves from Craig and his policies, but NOT from those leaders still within but who HAD been ardent Craig supporters. The Craigites within are being given some space to change their thinking slowly, and the anti-Craigites are not being given too much “I told you so!” material, too fast.

I think TWI can change for the better. I’m not looking for revenge but for reconcillioation.Those here lusting for blood, and want to see TWI humiliated even more, will never be satisfied with any scenario that plays out as time goes by. But for those of us who were serious about our spirituality back in the good old days, and are still working on agape love, thinking of all innies as family and looking to help heal is the only way to proceed with the True God.

So I think of them as family, in spite of our huge disagreements, just like I think of GreaseSpotter grads as family.

We’ve all seen ONE huge move on TWI’s part to start a peace process with Harve Platig’s letter of recognition that the Grease Spot Café is a valid discussion forum. Then we saw another huge move that Pawtucket made in diplomatically accommodating him, yet not flinching from his position. (Harve might have thought that if Paw allows ME to post, he’d allow TWI to post.) Let’s look at this bookstore news as huge move #3 and celebrate!

You can say that again.

If they reopen their bookstore, I would consider that a good thing. It's just honest.

I wouldn't shop there, though. As someone already said, they don't sell anything I want/need that's not available at another Christian bookstore.