GreaseSpot Cafe

If there were a gettogether for EX-TWI member's would you go???

danteh1

I was wondering, if there was a get together for ex-twi members and thier families and friends, sort of like our own fellowship type gathering. Would anyone come to it? If it was well thought out, well planed and at a location that would handle a large amount of people if needed.

icon_smile.gif:)--> HI! My third post! WERD!

Maybe...I am not one to WANT to relive the past, so to say. This is a question to be answered by my friend, the all too trusty, LIBERTY DOLLAR! Maybe it'll land on the side i determine to be the "go" side. LOL!

quote:If it was well thought out, well planed and at a location that would handle a large amount of people if needed.

There IS such a meeting which meets all the above criteria: the gathering together. Other than that, no way!

Well for what its worth I think it's a dumb idea

icon_eek.gif

icon_wink.gif;)-->

I think the simplicity of a roast event makes the whole deal easy on everybody except for the food coordinator, a job Cathy has handled with great grace and good humor. Outside of locating a park that had camping, we simply expected people to be adults and to think through their weekend needs.

Now a thought just came to mind, were you speaking of a fellowship (bible) gathering or a general gathering of g'spotters which would include athiests new agers and other assorted folks?

To me... it would be a huge trigger. Every year for well over 10yrs., I willingly allowed myself to be told what to do , where to go, and had to be of the same mindset to be loved. I think a function like that would cause me to take 3 steps back in my recovery from a cult. Besides I have a huge distrust for anyone who carries a bible.

Well you kind of have a predjudiced "sample group."

Posters at the Greasespot Cafe by and large are ex-twiers who are getting it together with other ex-twiers as we speak.

I'd go if I could. Had some great times with these people, before and after twi.

Hopefully,

Kit

quote:
Besides I have a huge distrust for anyone who carries a bible.

Imbus -- that is too bad, icon_frown.gif:(--> Not all bible carrying folks are out there trying to steal your mind, and/ or money. Granted many are, and you and I have met some of them, but not all do.

Do you have insurance on your house, or your car?? How many isurance folks have you met that were interested in you as a person, instead of your money???

Cancelled your insurance lately? I am guessing that you have not. If I were you, I would give "equal time" when it is due, and not be so quick to judge one group over another because of bad experiences.

For the record -- I would rather shun my insurance man because of how I have been treated, than to castigate a bible carrying "somebody" who also took me for a ride.

The insurance man is there because the law says he has to be, and I have to put up with it - like it or not. I chose to listen to the Bible guy, and if one was wrong, there are others to listen to.

Not all are right, but not all are wrong either.

I agree with Kit. Everytime CES, CFF, or any of the other splinters get together, it's an ex-way gathering and I have no desire to attend those meetings.

However, the weenie roast...now THAT's another story. Seriously, I had always WONDERED what it would be like if way people just got together with no other agenda than to have FUN and ENJOY each other's company. So, if my schedule permits, I will hopefully soon find out :-)

WB

If this were going to be a "Bible Meeting"... I'd probably still go... I'll hang out in the back or in the hallway if I feel uncomfortable... but I doubt that I'll feel that way... most of the time I manage to create my own 'environment' icon_biggrin.gif:D-->... I'll focus on meeting the folks I don't know, reconnecting with the ones that I do... and have fun...

Imbus, you can hang with me if you like...

dmill, relax man... it's just where she's at right now... you're somewhere different, so am I, people feel and believe differently... it's OK for that to be...

there's plenty of room for everyone...

A fellowship type meeting, with songs and a teaching and manifestations? No, I wouldn't go.

If I wanted to I could find an exway group with in a reasonable drive. Decided several years ago that wasn't for me.

However, if there was a purely social event, like a picnic or campout, and lots of GSC people were attending, I might go.

In responce to not trusting icon_eek.gif anyone who carries a bible is setting a very strong boundry to protect myself.

TWI was the 3rd and final cult I fellowshiped with. Before TWI I belonged to a doomsday cult and before that a Bible college that believed like TWI, they had the conor on truth.

Having been abused with the Bible on multiple levels, it is difficult for me to engage in a face to face dialog about it. My anxiety level sky rockets and I want to hide in a closet. A councelor once told me I might not ever get to the place that I can comfortably read it.

I do however read different opinions and veiws on it. This seems to flat line some of the emotional trauma surrounding the Bible and allow for intellectual pondering to happen. All this takes place on my terms and has been effective.

So I guess my distrust is a healthy thing and allows for spirituality to happen from other sources.

Regarding "Get Togethers", over on the JehovahW forums they have regular meetups, called "apostafests". They are usually well attended.

Why weve had a few in Melbourne with as many as 20 people turning up, and drinking themselves stupid.

Its a good way to meet new friends.

anim-smile.gif