GreaseSpot Cafe

The Best Way Song

Raf

"My Life's Dream" and "Give Christ a Try" are at the top of the list. Thanks, Cliff.

Also - there was a great little album floating around circa the late 70's -early 80's. I think the album or the band was called "Selah". Anybody remember it? It had some really great tunes on it.

quote:
Another one...*Turn your eyes upon Jesus* sung by some lady on a roa teaching tape I had...vp joined her for the last verse...loved that on

Was that D*br* Olth**se? She "owned" that song in my opinion. I remember being shocked that the song was not a Way song because she sang it with such heart, love, and soul. I loved the way she sang it. She's still in and doing Way Prod. Sad.....she and her husband are good people.

I really liked Vicki Allen. When she sang

"Walking in the Steps of Jesus Christ" and "God's Word Is Everything to Me", it inspired me. I don't necessarily agree with all of the lyrics, but those songs made an impact on me back in the day.

Anybody hear what's up with her and her hubby since they left twi?

Don't know if this was ever recorded, but Stevie Kay did a song called "For God So Loved the World" that was awesome. I heard her sing it live at the first way coffeehouse I ever went to and was blown away. Great song.

My favorite way group was always "Good Seed," in a live performance not the recordings.

My all time favorite was "The Price He Paid for Me." Loved it way back then and love it now.

I think that it was Stevie Kay that did "It's a Wonder."

WayferNot....Ellie and Vickie can be found happy, healthy, & prospering in the Creedmore North Carolina telephone book.

ROR

WW- Heart of a Champion from the 1983 Way Productions Emporia Tape What a great song. still love it.

Rascal- Turn your eyes... Debra Olthouse Sleeper, You are God's Masterpiece was on the Ambassadors tape good memory,Dan Moran sang the Ambassador song, Stevie Kay sang "It's a Wonder"

Pirate- Stevie's song was on the Love Child Tape

Thanks ya'll for bring back to my memeory the music. When you listen from the heart it's a special moment of connectedness to somthing so dear. Brief or long lasting sunesis of words put to music, that inspire to the deapest part of your being. I had forgotten those watering moments when I was so thirsty for love and understanding. Those songs seemed to satisfy the simpelist and/or greatest of needs. What pleasent warm memories.

Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus - Debra Olthouse

and

Christ In Me - it was some little song from the Old Blue Book...

Christ In Me, yes it is Christ in me.

He's my saviour, my Lord and King

I'm so happy, I shout and sing.

Christ In Me, yes it's Christ in Me.

Everyday as I go my way, it is Christ in Me!!!

oh,

I Don't Know About Tomorrow

(hubby does a jazz version of this on the guitar...kinda' cool) icon_cool.gif

Looking for the author here ---

Who wrote "God So Loved You"??? icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

I have it on a tape given to me back in the early 80's.

Verse I:

If you could look into God's eyes,

What would you see?

A Father's love so tender,

So complete.

If you could put your hand in His,

Where would He lead?

To a land of plenty,

Joy and Peace.

chorus:

God so loved you,

He gave His Son for you.

Always trust Him,

Each day put on His love anew.

God so loved you,

God so loved you.

verse II:

If you could see His beaming smile,

You'd feel at rest.

Because the Father thinks that you're

His very best.

He's your Heavanly Father,

You are His child.

He just wants to see you happy,

and to see you smile.

back to the chorus.

This from a tape given out to wc, and I got it from Rod Mc*** (if i remember correctly) - area leader in Duluth at the time - who wanted me to learn some of the songs for fellowship. Never did know who the author of that song was, but it was played a lot up here.

Anyone know who the author was?

Sal Arico, a New York believer, put a CD out for one of the offshoots in 1995. It was called "Watching." One of the tracks was based on a Wierwille saying from Lifelines.

I know, I know, but pretend it was anyone but Wierwille who said it. Or pretend that this was really real, from the heart...

Every man has a void inside

and he fills it up with lots of ego and pride

while searching for the truth

the devil tries to blind his eyes.

But God gave his grace and those that hear

with humble hearts listening, to God they draw near

To give them their hearts' desire

His Word sets their soul on fire

All I want to do is serve God

Love His people, and move the Word

Give Him all the strength that I've got

Love Him with all my mind, all my soul

Give God all the love my heart can hold.

This song is a gem. Well done, Sal.

Raf -- I know there is a "believer music" site, but could you post links to where some of the "good stuff" is available for sale?

I would love to buy each and every CD I hear about, but can't. If there are really good songs out there, and on a certain CD, by a certain artist, it would be nice to know which ones to "promote", ie - purchase.

Asking you to "go the extra mile" (I know), but if you are willing -- from myself and others here (I think), thanks! icon_smile.gif:)-->

quote:
Originally posted by imbus:

Ala,

"I don"t know about tomarrow", thanks for the memory. sigh! icon_smile.gif:)-->

I don't have the lyrics handy, but they're online for the searching.

The THIRD VERSE we never sang-another section that contradicted session 1,

segment 1.

"I don't know about tomorrow, it may bring me poverty,

But the one who feeds the sparrow is the one that cares for me..."

dmiller http://www.eternallyblessed.com/

Here is a link for another Bookstore. We also have Sal"s CD Watching here in ours. There was another bookstore in Nebraska Oak do you know if they are still around? The Bible Bookshop and The Red Thread Books are not open anymore.

Most of the people are selling direct on the net so maintaining a bookstore really just becomes a labour of love and it ties up a lot of money in product. Our cost really mostly is the same as yours so with the extra shipping you end up losing money. We fund ours out of our fellowship money so thats not a concern for us. People still enjoy coming and being able to just buy on the spot which is why we do it.

The link Raf posted should keep you current on the new items, We have a listing there also on the music page under the Two by Two CD It Is Written Bookshop

Edited by Whitedove