GreaseSpot Cafe

John Lynn

pawtucket

In the next few days/weeks you will see someone with the screenname "John Lynn". I have verified that it is indeed John Lynn of Way and CES.

As Jeff USAF RET indicated in a thread recently you can feel free to contact him if you wish.

From experience at GS, Stanley Reahard and Ralph D. come to mind, we can be pretty tough on former Way leaders. I hope that John's perspective can shed some light on your road to recovery.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cynic

OH MY GOD I am still smiling and lol!!

why does that song seem so funny ???

think about it!

hahahhhah hhheee you guys kill me. lol

theme music for the spooky show down!!1 hahahhaha

made my day OMG lol that is to funny . hits home doesnt it! hheehehe haha

okay now i clicked on it ha ha ha ha ha ha i get it

but if john comes here, i give him credit, that's all

hi john. i'm interested in what you have to say, especially about momentus

and although i could care less, i was wondering if the adultery paper was so phenomenal acc. to god's matchless word, where's the paper on divorce ? actually that should be a question to john s.

i'm not nitpicking, just wondering about all this biblical godly stuff

and i think if 5% of people lose their minds in your breakthrough deal, it's not a good thing

maybe you all should go back to college and major in psych. rather than bible

IF he posts here I give him a lot of credit. I think he's very brave. Unlike these weenies who run offshoots who are afraid to face people who have legit criticism and many who have been hurt terribly by the Way or have had limited exposure but have taken the toll by years and years of their lives recovering.

But hey, I still give CES credit for DeWayferizing me. Although I didn't appreciate JAL for telling me I needed a psycholgist because I chose to skip some of their teachings and stay holed up in my hotel room downing shots of Cuervo.

But that's just my humble opinion.

God first

Hi John Lynn

Glad you are coming here its a great place to get to know loving people for or against God

I am for God but this as help me deal with all the pain of the Way that was left behind when I was cast out like a old shoe

I hope we can learn from each other

with love Roy

Pawtucket: thank you, I think what you did was approbriate.

Mr Lynn: I dont know if you read this stuff or not. At a minimum, I would like a response in detail to the questions I posed Under the subject The Way on your letter thread. Please also indicate wether the things that I indicated as the most grevious of doctrinal errors to me personally, are still found in your literature and when exactly it was that you tossed them out if at all.

I had somebody who I have a very healthy respect for tell me that CG was like Hitler with an attitude. He sucks you in then Chop chop chop. Those were his words.

The Naperville coffee clutch I used to attend follows his teachings from what I hear.

I'm so glad I'm out. I'm glad I found my brain again and it still works. Though it needs a tune up.

I like Jal, cause he is just like you and I.

Been there,

Done that,

Made mistakes,

Got the Tee-shirt,

Trying a new path.

Doesn't this describe all of our journey's??

I think it does.

We all show up, post feelings, beliefs, misgivings, etc., and expect to be accepted for what we post.

So be it, and let it be for all, JAL included.

John,

Welcome. I am/was 13th corps...and have always remembered you fondly. I hope that your courage proves up to this. I am happy to correspond with you privately if you send me a private topic/message.

To Gspotters,

I was a Waydale lurker for 7 months before I could bring myself to post...it was the sudden emergence of Ra**h Du**fsky that gave me the strength and courage to come out of lurkdom and address him. I watched him be assaulted (I was one of the attackers,) and answer as honestly as he could. It changed my life.

I just want to remind us all that John Lynn is a different man today than the man you all remember. He may (possibly) be as different as your twi memories as you are from the person you were way back then. He as had to overcome his own demons, and has possibly become a new and improved man.

Before we jump all over him, crucify him, and leave him along the roadside, please allow for the growth and the passage of time has allowed him.

I am NOT a ces follower, or a JAL follower. I have never been to a ces fellowship, or participated in Momentous. I am a woman that is still working daily on healing up the scars and wounds inflicted by twi. I simply believe that most of us...twi former leaders included, may have changed.

Radar

quote:
Posted by Radar:

I just want to remind us all that John Lynn is a different man today than the man you all remember. He may (possibly) be as different as your twi memories as you are from the person you were way back then. He as had to overcome his own demons, and has possibly become a new and improved man.

I can testify to that. From limb leader in Indiana, to current status in CES, and through personal communications with him, John is now much more the servant, versus the leader.

If folks can't see change in a person, because of pre-conceptions, I suggest they look at themselves, and see how they might have changed over the years themselves.

I do NOT suggest that anyone is a MOGFODAT, however if someone (anyone) decides to change, and try to be a better person, that effort I do recognize, and applaud.

You're right Radar. We have all changed. Hopefully, we are changing for the better! icon_smile.gif:)-->

I hear ya Exie. I'm not being hard on JL but I come from a Naperville offshoot (coffee clutch) of a cult who thinks their sds. Um. Crap don't smell.

And yeah, I'm tired of playing nice too with relgious jerks. Again, not JAL I'm talking about, but just those out there in general. And they don't have to belong to the Way either. I'm like Dirty Harry. I'm equally biased.

they just had that story on, I have to investigate this further before I have an opinion. Right now I'm still at the stage where, okay, another nutball guy killed his wife. Sigh. I really have to watch more of this story before I can debate on this. But I will shortly I promise.

I don't mean to sound the pessimist here, but my 10 will get your one, John is gonna get smoked. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Especially if he tries his "its my spiritual duty to interrupt your life with the Truth" song-and-dance.

icon_eek.gif

I'll wager and give him 3 posts that he'll make before that happens.

icon_cool.gif IMHO of course.

I am not associated with CFF, CES, etc…

Concerning John Lynn. I might have met him during my travels, but I have no distinct memories (as others might).

With that being said, I have heard of unpleasant encounters.

However, Over the years we have all changed. Hopefully, for the better. It is impossible to undo things that were done. Sometimes, the only thing that can be offered is an “I’m sorry”.

I for one am curious to hear what JAL have to say. I hold no bitterness towards him. Hopefully, his visit here will help ease the pain of others.

I don't have any personal issues about John, CES, or Momentus. So, as things start unfolding, I figure I'll be getting myself a few showers and a few shaves, and sitting in a chair munching on a four-pound bag of pistachios and watching the initial goings on.

After some opposers unload various issues they are carrying, some supporters reminisce and coo, some moderates say something conciliatory or supposedly profound, and a couple or more foul-mouthed posters spew, I'll possibly be coming into the forum to do my Trinitarian and soteriologically Reformed amateur apologete's part in this.

http://rushmidi.com/wavs/good-bad-maintheme.wav