GreaseSpot Cafe

Called Out

TheSongRemainsTheSame

Of course, if one does buy that line, it then opens up a whole 'nother can of worms, that is: where does "free will" enter into anything?

If you're called out "before the foundations of the world" (and your a$$hole neighbor isn't), what then do you have to say in the matter? And what could you possibly have done to earn the blessing? And what could your neighbor have possibly done to NOT earn it? It all happened eons before you were even thought of.

I can hear the religion/superstition spin machine shifting into gear already...

shazdancer

posted October 08, 2004 23:06

Hey Song, what is your point, or are you just interested in a doctrinal discussion? If so, we have a lovely Doctrinal Section you can visit....

Dig it shazdancer

I ... i just don't know how to say this, but i meant to post this thread in The Big Bang Forum. I do not know who you are refering to the "WE" section.

But there was not one there. So, I figured Just Plain Silly and for some reason I do not have access. So, I thot to post at Doctrinal and ended up here About The Way. I would suppose the doctrinal disscussion involves About The Way. So, I wasn't to far off the target me mine thread was suppose to be eh?

Is the Doctrinal section more comfortable you this discussion?

JustThinking

posted October 10, 2004 09:04

Too many things in my life that God has done for me to believe in coincidences any more.

Shaz has a point though. This seems like it belongs in the doctrinal section.

jt i just don't know what to do now... if there were a Big Bang forum ... oh my, i might have fit in... i am really sorry the inconvenience that i was called out before the foundations of the world...

Edited by oneyedjackswild1 ps

Geo:

quote: where does "free will" enter into anything?

So where do my kids' free will enter into the fact that we named them before they were born?

Quote: If you're called out "before the foundations of the world" (and your a$$hole neighbor isn't), what then do you have to say in the matter? And what could you possibly have done to earn the blessing? And what could your neighbor have possibly done to NOT earn it? It all happened eons before you were even thought of.

You have nothing to say in the matter. That's God's job, not yours. What if your boss decides to promote you and fire your a**hole co worker? What do you have to say in THAT matter? What could your co worker have possibly done to NOT earn it? You might have SOME knowledge in that matter, but you have NONE of what God might do. Keep your day job. God doesn't need consultants.

I think this fits just fine here, Song.

I kinda think everyone has been called out. Doesn't it say somewhere that God wants everyone to be saved and that he stands at the door knocking? I'm sure his hand must get sore since some people don't answer.

johniam:

If God's really all knowing, all powerful, everywhere present, and all love? Yeah! I think He could pull that off.

TheSongRemainsTheSame:

God is a "He"???

Have more respect that God is more than a "He"

johniam

posted October 11, 2004 19:39

Song:

John 3:16 - For God so loved that He gave....

You got a problem with that?

Hey johniam,

Do you have a sence of humor or do you take "that" so serious as to be a "problem"?

Problem? Nahhh. You?

Sorry the rib.

I just prefer to call God God and not attach a penis or vagina. I like the idea that God is Spirit, beyond gender.

Sorry the punch line was not evident.

My bad from the dark side of the moon.

Rok On

Song

johniam

posted October 11, 2004 19:47

Geo:

quote: where does "free will" enter into anything?

So where do my kids' free will enter into the fact that we named them before they were born?

Quote: If you're called out "before the foundations of the world" (and your a$$hole neighbor isn't), what then do you have to say in the matter? And what could you possibly have done to earn the blessing? And what could your neighbor have possibly done to NOT earn it? It all happened eons before you were even thought of.

You have nothing to say in the matter. That's God's job, not yours. What if your boss decides to promote you and fire your a**hole co worker? What do you have to say in THAT matter? What could your co worker have possibly done to NOT earn it? You might have SOME knowledge in that matter, but you have NONE of what God might do. Keep your day job. God doesn't need consultants.

"God doesn't need consultants."

Does God answer questions?

Can Your children change the names you have given them?

What is "God's job" that you seem to know about regarding that we "have nothing to say in the matter?

Seems to me we all have more than enough to say regarding "GOD".

Are you speaking for "GOD"?

Are you a consultant for "GOD" to "GOD'S" children?

Grace can not be earned ~~~ or can it? A person can be judged according to their works, if not called out to be in the body of Christ. Oh my, that is a can of caterpillars and butterflys.

Wacky Funster

Awarded the GSC World Cup in lieu of Holy Grail

posted October 10, 2004 08:19

yes

Wacky there is another side that answer and another side and all other sides inbetween icon_wink.gif;)-->

Lourdy have the mercy how are you?

We are all Wild Thangs that make hearts Sing!!!

Edited by oneyedjackswild1 ps

Belle

posted October 12, 2004 08:35

I think this fits just fine here, Song.

I would have preferred The Big Bang forum, but that goes way back beyond comprehension. But Cosmic Background Radiation does prove the forum was once in existance.

I kinda think everyone has been called out. Doesn't it say somewhere that God wants everyone to be saved and that he stands at the door knocking? I'm sure his hand must get sore since some people don't answer.

I hear ya knocking, but ya can't come in.

"IT" always says something somewhere... ya know like, "The truth is out there somewhere." "Somewhere over the rainbow...", i dig that song and the movie that sang along with "IT" especially from black and white to Technicolor. But i suppose if one only had a B&W TV, the color is just that.

And then again maybe God should knock until either the door looses from it hinges or we answer or call the cops on God. I don't think that God gives up the knocking especially for hard headed fellows like me. If God does, well then precious is not my life to GOD.

"IT" is recorded that JC was able to show the spirits that were bound because of the deluge that he actually overcame death.

Hey, afterall, God invited me to the gig of life the 2nd heaven & earth via called out, but i do not recall rsvp.

Seems like i just ended up here on terra firma only to discover i had to make a choice between heaven and hell, and wonder what is the difference. But i do not think "IT"S a no quater, but grace upon grace manifold

Hey Belle did you receive my E mail?

RoK On,

Song

ps..."I kinda think everyone has been called out." yeah Belle, but "IT" also says not all shall be saved... that really sucks. To me that shows JC's innocent blood was in vain.