TheSongRemainsTheSame

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Originally posted by Radar O'Reilly:

Raf,

One of the so called *prophecies* that I remember is in the section of POP that deals with international outreach.

Can someone with the transcript find the section in which cg says that we has so used/abused *the africans* as in the Bayunga crowd that they would raise up against us and possibly kill us all..within 10 years, or something to that effect?

Don't remember that part either but a side note Bayunga Nioka-Simbi has been in jail a few times over the past few years for holding Bible fellowships. I think he is out now again though.

quote:

John Townsend *alledgely* would sit in his office in the auditorium, call cg, leave the phone off the hook so that geer could hear everything that was being said during staff meetings, closed corps meetings and sts.

One of the saddest things about this whole thing is the 'collateral damage'. I loved John Townsend and would walk through fire for him, both as the CA limb leader and the staff coordinator at HQ. He had the heart and love and knowledge of a great leader.

I could say more but there would be no profit to it.

quote:

One of the saddest things about this whole thing is the 'collateral damage'. I loved John Townsend and would walk through fire for him, both as the CA limb leader and the staff coordinator at HQ. He had the heart and love and knowledge of a great leader.

Johnny Townsend was a mimic of Weirwolf well taught~~~ I also saw the "He had..." , but the "great leader" ~~~ part ~~~ hmmm...

dunno none 'bout 'dat~~~

• 2 weeks later...

The reason it was called the "Yak Twig" is because the yak is the type of animal, when threatened, forms a circle with all the young in the middle. All of the adult yak form the circle with horns that are pointing out, as a result, it is hard for a predator to get to the young yak.

The "Yak Twig" did a lot of "yaking" about nothing. Ralph D. has some GREAT stories about the "Yak Twig". Maybe sometime he will share about the "Yak Twig" here at Greasespot. Also, Ralph D. has an interesting story to tell concerning buying a VCR for a class or grass seed. To hear him tell it is so funny!

The insanity at headquarters during the "fog years" would make for a good book on what NOT to do when running a Christian ministry.

I know a female who was in the family corps way back when...she told me this story:

She was summoned one evening and was told to report to John Townsend's trailor...when she knocked on the door, Johhny greeted her at the door wearing a bathrobe and nothing underneath...the bathrobe was open and he was "ready for action", so to speak...he announced that his wife was out of town and invited her in...she turned around and ran as fast as she could! She told me that after that incident, she was singled out and given all the crappy jobs.....

quote:

This thread has effected me more than anything else has in a long time. I was at Gunnison the night POP was read. The world seemed to have turned inside out.

Actually, it was the beginning of turning my mind right side out again.

Thank you all for helping me understand it better.

Love,

Steve

and inside out and right side up and put your left foot in and sudden realizations of experiences seekers of truth all about~~~

Thoughtfull of Holiday Cheer to you Steve Lortz

Steven

• 14 years later...

Ewww I already knew a few things about Geer but the rest makes me puke! He was cold as ice for sure!

I remember he had a dog who was just outside the dining room in Gartmore.

I was going to pet him but God said no and Geer was outside the door and watched me... I felt he would not even warn me and watch! grrr

• 4 months later...