GreaseSpot Cafe

Question of the day...

GrouchoMarxJr

Considering Martindale's background in wayworld, which includes an extremely patriarchal hierarchy and disparaging views of the role of women as subserviant...and when you consider his very passionate views against homosexuality...how in the world did he ever, ever, ever, ever, ever...pick Rosie??? icon_eek.gif

I mean, seriously...this choice flies in the face of everything I ever knew about the guy...Wierwille never would have selected a woman as president of twi. The only explanation I can come up with is that it was kind of a "Gerald Ford" selection...by that I mean, if you pick somebody who is incompetant to replace you, then the chances of you being replaced lessens...of course it didn't work for Nixon either. What are your thoughts?

He didn't "pick" her.

She OUTSMARTED him.

She knew how to play the game-the lies to say, the image to

portray, the things to keep silent on.

Further, she was complicit in the evil deeds that he was

sued over.

lcm was never as smart as he thought he was (he bought into

his own hype.)

Further, put not-that-smart together with an ego that big, and

it's not hard to flatter and ingratiate your way into the

inner circle. Then, all she had to do was wait......

Here's an unpopular suggestion:

Maybe the rumors about her aren't true and he thought she was best for the job? I know that was the feeling out on the field at the time - some of us were aware of the rumors, didn't believe them, and thought that she was a very good choice. Edit: oops, you didn't mention the L word rumors. I'm so used to seeing it that I somehow thought it was there.

At any rate, putting a woman in that spot was very good for appearance sake and I think he picked her because he thought she was the best. I don't see any conspiracy here. Why attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity.

Of course, I tried to believe the Adam and Eve thing, the ice in space thing and the Peleg thing before logic took over as well, so what do I know?

Rosie had so much crap on Craig that he knew better than to not give her the job.

Ended up biting him in the butt, anyway, thankfully, but what else could the man do? He knew full well what she could do to him if she didn't get her way.

Hell hath no fury like a woman with information that can take ya out. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Plenty of men had same info, but this dude was used to strong women and was no fool (cough cough) when it came to understanding that he better pay the piper or lose his dance card.

And of course his dance card ended up in the shredder anyway. icon_razz.gif:P-->