GreaseSpot Cafe

Hit & Miss --- VP & Me

skyrider

In retrospect, here are some of the "hit & miss" antics (glaring blunders) that quickly come to mind from twi's leadership, vpw & lcm. Even starting in the early 70s, there are plenty of "misses" (and very few hits!).

the zero corps..................miss

word over the world by 1976.....miss

pfal 77 to replace old class....miss

placing geer over europe........miss

putting the mantle on lcm.......MISS

athletes of the spirit..........miss icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

vpw dies of cancer..............???? icon_eek.gif

geer's paper, pop............... icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

lcm's galatian tapes............mis(direction)

lcm's homo purge................mis(applied)

lcm's debt clarification........miss

lcm's full-time corps...........miss (ego)

lcm's sanctified household......miss

lcm's wap class.................MISS (too much yelling)

lcm's sexual predatory ways..... icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

lcm took wrong wife to bed......Mrs. Allxn

twi's lawyers oust lcm..........FINALLY A HIT. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

rosie takes twi's reins.........back to the misses. icon_razz.gif:P--> icon_razz.gif:P-->

Just with this cursory overview of "misses".....wouldn't it be fair to say that twi is an outfit where the blind are leading the way?

skyrider

The 'zero' corps was technically the first corps. As vp slovingly recounted it in 'The Way-Living in Love", they couldn't get their acts together and were given the 'privilege of leaving'.

When he tried again a year or so later, the next group was more to his liking and were henceforth known as the 1st corps.

On a sidenote-I was once kicked out of a way home, and as I was being given the boot, I was told I was being given the 'privilege of leaving'. It seemed somehow appropriate coming from a junior woodchuck vpw.

i don't know of too many churches that care about hits or misses (they don't feel like they have to be hearing from god every second, which is a much safer way to go). i know of cults that miss a lot like with the end of the world and such

i think i could have rationalized the misses but never the hurts.....

there is a church down the street who pride themselves on hits. you probably can guess how i feel about them

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

A successful Bible College - Miss (no credibility)

Demanding that followers be debt free and the whole teaching on debt - Miss

Hurting lots of people in the process of attempting to "clean out the household" - Hit

Obtaining a clean household - Miss

Hoping and praying that this little thing called The Internet would go away - MISS

Gaining new followers - MISS

Losing faithful followers - HIT

quote:
i don't know of too many churches that care about hits or misses (they don't feel like they have to be hearing from god every second, which is a much safer way to go). i know of cults that miss a lot like with the end of the world and such

i think i could have rationalized the misses but never the hurts.....

Thanks, ex.......yeah, I see your point.

Thanks, igotout.....so true, so true. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

what about the glaring blunder concerning the VHS vs. BETA dilemna?

or the corps going "full time" debacle? oops, you mentioned that. icon_smile.gif:)-->

the "way college program," never got off the ground, either.

Camp Gunnison being a "believer's vacation paradise." Oops.

LEAD being a rival of Philmont........say what?

And of course, the grand poobah of misses....da da da, drum roll please..... Word Over the World in our lifetime! (whatever the heck that meant.)

lcm and crossing over the "prevailing word promised land bridge"........MAJOR MISS icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

lcm's illusion as a "modern-day joshua".....miss

bod initially agreeing to lcm as research dept head........ icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

rosie keeping donna on payroll as "special asst to prez"...... icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

rosie continues twi's mumbo-jumbo debt policy to oppress its followers.....miss

.....and the MISSES just keep on comin'

married corps woman with lcm at 1998 AC........HIT

other women who've left twi.......HIT, HIT

mrs. allxn just trying to keep her twi job......HIT, HIT, HIT

ms. parkxr (another lawsuit settled)......HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT

rosie's declaration in deposition to have known about martindale's sexual harrassment/assault on twi women as early as 1995...... icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

now that lcm is exiled in Toledo......Does twi MISS his leadership?

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_razz.gif:P-->

Don't want to derail the thread here, but actually def is not far off... while in-rez we were actively discouraged from leading people into speaking-in-tongues on our own. We were told it wasn't "wrong" but opened the door for so much misunderstanding and for people to go off on their own tangents that it was far better to have them take the class to learn about sit... can you say, "filthy lucre"?

I don't agree that class was bad. I thought Stiles research was very thorough and comprehensive. In VPW's presentation of Stiles materials, there were a few minor flaws, but overall it was fairly accurate.

Now as far as teaching and counseling people outside of classes. Sure, many people helped prepare the classes so that they were generally designed to teach people in an understandable and systematic manner. Yet, people tended to rely upon the classes too much to do the counseling of others that they should have been doing personally. Corps were often too busily devoting themselves to TWI activities and maintaining "physical details" to devote their time to personal one-on-one counseling and teaching sessions.

I actually thought the topic was VP and Me. When I first read that, and recently read it again, I thought LCM's heart at that time was truly desirous of one who one's to serve God by helping his people. Of course, LCM changed his priorities from the Word to the "ministry". He didn't care if people were 100% committed to God, he wanted them to be 100% committed to the "ministry" which chose not to minister any more. If LCM had kept his life according to what he wrote in VP and Me, it wouldn't have turned into peepee and Me.

Skyrider, this thread reminds me of that commercial comparing the price of something to something that is priceless. For example something like:

Getting a computer with high speed Internet connection and learning how to use the Internet (even though it was not recommended by leadership)....$1,200.

Discovering WayDale and Greasespot... PRICELESS

-------------------------------------------

Defying leadership and going into debt to buy a house..... $10,000. down

All the many benefits that follow for years to come.... PRICELESS

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Maybe someone can think of better ones. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->