GreaseSpot Cafe

1995 full-time corps "revelation"

skyrider

Lindy,

What I saw around here- in the fellowships there were close to seventy plus really fine people. Now there are probably about half a dozen or so. Of those, I would rank all but two or three good, smart, self respecting folks. My opinion of one is that the person is rotten to the core. The other two, the local fellowship coordinators, I have not met, and have no idea or opinion about them. I only know they were long time staffers, probably released from staff to go figure out their own retirement and health care. I think the good guys that are left are just convinced they are doing the right thing.

They really did manage to run off MOST of the good, smart, self respecting people around here. Same for the whole state. Anybody that had the capacity to be real mean, abusive, and able to blindly follow the company line, at least in a leadership position, seemed to be immune to this. I also knew a few of them, and they are still in the organization, running things. Maybe some of you know some exceptions to this- I only know what I saw.

Most of the purge (at least here) was done when the corpses were to be full time. The subject of this thread brought back a few memories, really got me going a little.

I think they took what Loy did for the corpses and applied it to everyone else. In our state, the only one left who they considered qualified to run it was a really stupid, nazi-type individual. Fully convinced that two plus two is equal to five because "the MOG told me so". It would not even be worth the effort to try to argue with the guy. (I've forgotten more about two plus two equals five than you'll ever know.. heh heh.)

We were pretty isolated too, and did not have a clue what was going on in other areas. Heck, we did not even know anything when they ran off Wayne, Geek, Cat, and the other smart folks. Igotout got out after I was out. Just never heard anything about them anymore. But I'll bet the corpses did.

Lindy, I hope that clarifies my post. I only know what I observed in my area, and I think my observation is fairly accurate. I in no way intended to slam your parents or any other good folk that are left in that ungodly situation. Maybe we were taught right about evil being a parasite, requires good to even exist. Makes me feel sad for the few left in, the ones that I know. Severed friendships, severed family relationships, but they are convinced that it is the right thing to do.

I imagine you can find some good in everybody- Mr. "bread and vegetables" included. I just could not find it in him.

I dunno.. I was not born into the cult, but spent close to twenty five years of my adult life in that mess- that's gotta be pretty darn close. Long enough to practically forget what it was like living outside of some of the confines of the group.

After over five years out, I am still discovering some of my individuality. And I still had some life outside of the group- I was not corpse or staff or anything like that. I almost cannot imagine what that must have been like.

In a way, the full time corpse thing and additional pressure was the best thing they did, not for them, but for us.

Sky - WOW! I have never read anything like this that really spelled out the details of these years. You ought to write a thesis on it, its effects and consequences, not only to the ministry but to you, your family and the families that you know. Not sure what you should do with such a paper, but it would be valuable for someone. Maybe call it, "Christians should speak against false "revelation" from anyone, even if he believes he is the Man of God for Our Time."

I, too, was amazed at this "revelation," and the devestation it caused. No true revelation from the true God would hurt HIS people so deeply. Wasn't LCM big on "common sense"? Wonderful, committed, prosperous Way Corps were trashed if they didn't sell their businesses, quit their professions, yank their beloved children out of developing talents, interests, hobbies. Being in residence at the time, we were constantly yelled at for weaknesses that were attributed to some "hidden" doubts about full-time. Who was still holding onto something from their past professions?? Did you have tools in storage?? We were made to feel like we had stolen the "accursed thing" and were evil-minded if we questioned our futures.

I remember one Corps meeting where LCM, somewhat quietly, explained how things were not working out as well financially as they needed. It wasn't that the ministry was not operating within its means. Oh no! "It's the taxes!" he moaned. The payroll taxes. Now wait a cotton picken minute. I am a business owner and have payroll. I know about payroll taxes. They have always been there and will always be there. These are not surprises. They are the one category of expense I can be absolutely sure of. I know their exact amounts each time I issue one lousy pay check. They may not be due in the bank that day, but I know exactly when they are due and the consequences of late or non-payment. I guess he had some bad financial advise or just chose to ignore it. If you cannot make payroll taxes, you are not operating within your means. Period.

Later, when the revelation was that we were not Corps material, we were told to live close to our LC. I observed a family living so sub-abundantly it was pathetic. We were often asked to help out at their home, specifically cleanning chores. I remember going over there and finding NO cleaning supplies - two or three wet and dirty rags, no paper towels, and bottles of cleaning products that we had to add water to in order to squeeze out some bubbles. YET when I brought over some of my own stuff, I was flatly told leave it in my car. Not acceptable. Corps could not accept the smallest gift.

Common sense? Yeah, my common sense tells me this was insane. No loving God would force this level of hardship on His presumed best leaders. But then I didn't hear that voice that LCM heard - while driving a county road somewhere close to HQ, as I believe he related. It was so clear, he stopped his car, got out - if I remember correctly. I wonder if he heard that voice as clearly when he got the revelation to put the Corps back to work, after causing havoc in their lives for three years. An apology would have been appropriate. Instead we heard his explanation about witnessing to people who the adversary thought were safe from God's Way Corps.

quote:
I think they took what Loy did for the corpses and applied it to everyone else. In our state, the only one left who they considered qualified to run it was a really stupid, nazi-type individual.

Mr. H.....during the full-time corps era, lcm DEMANDED the corps to "get some balls" and drive the devil spirits out! He bluntly told the corps to get tough or get out!

From what I saw, the cancerous arrogance and meanness infected the region men who attended hq meetings....and this "rough-shod over people" infiltrated the limbs and branches accordingly. In the end, twi was indeed spiritually-cancerous and its breathing is stifling.

It seems that rosalie has done NOTHING to combat this disease that is lording over twi's followers.

Pathetic and sad, really.

quote:
Sky - WOW! I have never read anything like this that really spelled out the details of these years. You ought to write a thesis on it, its effects and consequences, not only to the ministry but to you, your family and the families that you know. Not sure what you should do with such a paper, but it would be valuable for someone.

Microbe....thanks for posting. I don't know about writing a thesis...but appreciate your insight. Sounds like you were in the thick of things, too?

skyrider

All I can say is, " icon_eek.gif "

Thanks, y'all! This is really eye opening! And, skyrider, I fifth the "you're a great writer" compliment. Thank you for sharing all of this with us.

I, too, know people who quit jobs and sold businesses only to be left out in the cold upon their return from the roa because they "weren't corps material". One lady cried for a month afterward and I felt so bad for her. I just couldn't see how she could continue to support the leaders and the group who, within a month, had destroyed their security and financial support.

Lindy, I think those people are like your parents, smart, good-hearted people who have been so beaten down and humiliated that they no longer have the strength or ability to see their true worthiness. They are so oppressed that they think those submarine lights are the sun. It's truly sad. They deserve so much better!

Thanks to everyone on this thread! I have learned a great deal. It helps put things in perspective.

And one more thing before I get back to work....

I strongly believe that MANY CORPS GRADS who no longer stand with twi are still struggling with the financial devastation and family-structured abandonment during those insane years.

Thus, there are very few corps grads who come to Greasespot and post their stories. Perhaps, some are embarrassed by their involvement or still computer-illiterate........but, in my opinion, there are MANY whose lives and careers and family were left in shambles.

And, for several of the corps couples I know....divorce has been a quick ticket to distance themselves from one another and the nightmare of following lcm's false prophecies.

I'll leave it at that.

quote:
I think they took what Loy did for the corpses and applied it to everyone else. In our state, the only one left who they considered qualified to run it was a really stupid, nazi-type individual.

Yes Indeed! I know it was in our area. We were expected and yelled at to do the same things. We even had extra meetings about it and got to see spittle fly lcm-style.

Not only that, we were expected to know things the wc knew that we couldn't possibly know. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Wow to the above regarding all the reports, paperwork, time analysis. :

Is this what Jesus was talking about when he said "My burden is light"?

30 minute increments? 6am to 11pm? Did they have to schedule how long it took to perform bodily eliminations?

I never cease to be astounded at it all, even after being gone for over 15 years.

What does all that have to do with the Bible?

Good question! (though may be rhetorical..) That is finally what I started asking myself. Like, what does not mixing your breads and vegetables at each meal have ANYTHING to do with the bible, or being a "believer" for that matter..

That is a good point however.. what DOES it have to do with the Bible? Somehow, I bought into some of the stuff- but things eventually bothered me. On the one hand, we have preached an Almighty God, able and willing to do ANYTHING, and then on the other hand, somehow, he needed OUR help to get it done. Not just "simple believing" any more, but look at all the conditions.

Tithe (sorry, old wineskin- minimum giving of 15 percent, more later), have to consult the supposed "experts" on any decision, small or great. Can't go anywhere by yourself. Have to go at least by pairs lest da adversary jump you like jumping's going out of style, account for where you are, what you're doing, who with, when you have sex, do you have enough sex? Have to submit a schedule at least a week ahead of time of all your activities, and god have mercy on you if you stray from it- etc, etc, etc... all because somehow the Almighty God needs your assistance, to "schedule" da adversary out of your life.

Honestly, I began thinking God must be kinda small. I finally realized that was not the case. THEIR god was too small.

All the crap that came with the full time corpse thingy really proved it.

quote:
Reading all of this just makes me sick... not for me, I've been out for years... but for (like Lindy) my family that's still there... they've given up so much but have no idea...

I know what you mean.....but I think that the "paper blizzard" has passed. Once again, martinfail's "revelation" put his a$$ on the line to produce. And, his psychopatic perserverence led to micro-micromanagement of every detail.

Maybe from THAT perspective......it really is better now?

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Thanks everyone for adding to this thread.

As I go back into the files of my mind to write this insanity......MORE details surface.

My purpose in posting this information is to elaborate on what happens when false prophecies are dictated from twi's mog. The rippling effect is astounding, the devastation is massive, and no two areas experience the same spiritual calamity.

The epicenter of this destruction came from martindale's arrogant braincells. Don and Howard had NO spiritual insight to stop it. The president's cabinet gave their approval. The region men nodded in agreement......and the waves of destruction were unleashed.

At times, I feel "dirty" to have been caught up in all of this. I had very strong objections at different points in time, but I, too, was sucked under and shipwrecked. As corps, I apologize for not being stronger, more spiritually sharp.

My prayers go out to those of you who were seriously hurt by corps who obeyed and/or struggled with lcm's false prophecies.

I was out before this, but- I seem to remember Loy got on "uncle Howard" for not keeping TWI financially "ship shape". Shortly after, ole "uncle" H was replaced with somebody else. I forget his name. I seem to remember something about the new guy almost vanishing in the night

Now I read that Loy spoke in an "emergency financial" meeting. Then the cause was, not his "revelation", not uncle H. That was it! It was those darn taxes! They sure solved that little problem.

Anything and everything seemed to be accountable except for the supposed infallible revelation. Somehow Loy sees snow and gas pumps falling from the sky on a clear June day, and hearing a voice telling him to "put the corpses back to work" and they bought it. No questions asked. At least to my knowledge.

Unbelievable.

quote:
At times, I feel "dirty" to have been caught up in all of this. I had very strong objections at different points in time, but I, too, was sucked under and shipwrecked. As corps, I apologize for not being stronger, more spiritually sharp.

Skyrider, that's a mighty nice thing to say. We all made mistakes, let things happen and saw people get hurt. You're sharing so much with us now, and that really helps. icon_smile.gif:)--> Most of us were either in the same position or realize that we were all doing the best we could at the time. Now we know better, so we do better. I'm glad you're here.

Mr. H - I think you're talking about John R*ynolds. He was Treasurer for a time, but was booted out by the fox when she took over. I think, too, his conscious was getting to him and he was getting very ill from all the stress. I don't know if he is still in, but I imagine (I hope) he will wake up one day. He really seemed to be nice and genuine and it must have been killing him to see all the inside stuff and realize what a hoax the whole thing was. I could be wrong, but I do hope he and his wife wake up and get out.

"serving a mad man" yep, that about sums it up. Not serving GOD or God's people.....we served a mad man.

Thanks Belle.. John R*ynolds. I thought the choice HAD to be wrong, he did seem to be too nice of a guy for the job. At least he is better off now, has to be. But his replacement, I never knew anything about that guy. Jean? Can't imagine all the benefits, all the accountability to the WOG, and you get to live in a trailer, too. Better than lining in Rosies basement, I suppose.

quote:
Originally posted by Microbe:

Being in residence at the time, we were constantly yelled at for weaknesses that were attributed to some "hidden" doubts about full-time. Who was still holding onto something from their past professions?? Did you have tools in storage?? We were made to feel like we had stolen the "accursed thing" and were evil-minded if we questioned our futures.

Microbe.....you bring up some interesting points. Oh, there is SO MUCH isn't there?

I remember lcm screaming on a couple of corps meetings regarding corps questioning our futures. Honest questioning about one's future was not only squelched.....it was BURIED DEEP IN CONCRETE. After lcm's screaming, spitting, vein-popping rebuttal, those who needed more assurance over their future quickly packed their belongings and left twi.

How dare the corps ask questions about the future and try to make decisions that would best suit individual/family/business goals!

And......it in a couple short years, twi was laying off 80% of these corps. Abso-damn-lutely, the corps had EVERY RIGHT to ask about their futures.

Pathetic liars!

A couple of quotes regarding insane micromanagement.

In business management, micromanagement is an example of poor management where the manager over-manages people unnecessarily. Instead of giving people general instructions and then allowing them to do their job, the micromanager monitors and assesses every step. The manager may be motivated by concern for details. The effect, however, may be to de-motivate employees and create resentment.

Then there was the F?rprinzip, which was applied during the war. The philosophy of this system is that each organization is seen as a hierarchy of leaders, where each leader has absolute responsibility in his own area. Hitler, of course, was the final authourity. The hierarchic structure, in practice, led to micromanagement (unnecessary over-management of details) and inability to formulate coherent policy. Albert Speer once noted that many Nazi officials were afraid of making decisions unless Hitler was present.

Sound familiar? Hmmmmm. Let me "check back" with leadership before I buy that new couch or go the beach for the day or allow my child to spend the night at her friends house (these are real examples btw).

One guy I spoke to calculates that he lost over a million dollars due to trying to adhere to this dumb-foot full time revelation. Sold his propserous business (and then tithed a big chunk to The Way......hmmmmmm) and went full time on staff to go back into the Corps, only to be released shortly thereafter.

Skyrider, I agree that there are to this day those who have never recovered emotionally or financially from this Tsunami of Evil.

Oh my - this topic can go on and on. This one event in TWI history was probably at least as damaging as any other, be it the sexual abuse, M & A policies, etc. We were in residence during this time and were told over and over to clean out our lives. WHAT DID WE HAVE IN STORAGE somewhere? This was a hugh issue. I asked my spouse if we were wrong to have a tool box in storage - jokingly of course. I did not buy it, because I knew TWI would never take care of our latter years. Of course I did not voice this to anyone, not even to my spouse.

We were encouraged to void ourselves of all assets, especially if we had kids who wanted to go to college. The mentality was that they would be more likely to get full (free) rides if we had no assets whatsoever. That's what the campus coordinator did - and see, it works! This was clearly and specifically stated from the lunchroom head table. Nevermind that some of us had planned and saved so that eventually we could take the financial responsibility for our kids' education ourselves. That money was a distraction even though a few years back, the same spiritual leaders had told us that we should save and plan for this. Nothing was free, we were told, and to not take care of your own made you worse than an infidel. One year we are worse than infidels for not saving and planning, the next we are the scourge, the reason the ministry is having financial problems - the fly in the ointment for doing so.

I simply scratch my head when I think of all this stuff. I generally don't think about it too much anymore because we have successfully survived and overcome it. But, yes, there should have been some court action.

There's no doubt that Martinfart was insane. A good psychologist would have a field day with him. How far did he think he could push people? Intruding into people's lives to such a degree should have caused people to leave in droves!...Oh yeah, they did.

I left in 1987 when this type of thing was just starting. It defies logic that Martinfail could not see the damage he was doing or how unChristian his thoughts and actions were...