GreaseSpot Cafe

Number of "participants" in TWI

Steve!

It's been a couple of years since the last thread about TWIt's numbers, so what the heck?

If you have information about the number of people by state, we can "guesstimate" the total number of innies in the US.

I'll start with:

Florida - 150?

Alabama - 30

I know that there are some innies here, and you may be less than 100% comfortable directly posting numbers. So if you want, you can PT me or another poster with your info, and I or whoever can then post it to this thread.

I dunno, Steve! Hopefully people in other areas can provide some information.

I'm quite certain that TWIt continues to shrink as people get older and crave financial security, real concrete answers and seeing real concrete blessings instead of "spiritual blessings" that aren't really there, get bored hearing the same old teachings regurgitated over and over, kids get older and can afford to move out and disassociate with TWIts, people who might be interested check things out on the web before getting involved....

I truly believe it's only a matter of time before the lights go out in New Knoxville.

Virginia had about 120 about two years ago but was actually growing before the law suits hit.

I had heard that there were NO people at all in DC.

North Dakota had two living areas with people but not sure of the headcount. I believe it was one large group in each area.

No one in Delaware two years ago.

I'm very curious about Ohio. Anyone know?

NC must have a large number. I have a relative there that is a "Coordinator" and she doesn't have a minute of rest. TWI pushes her so hard that she has serious medical problems because of it. She has been "IN" for over 30 years and I don't believe TWI could do anything that would shake her belief in them.

(removed name of city)

Edited by OnionEater

OnionEater, she has probably asked several times if she could take a break from coordinating only to be told they really need her. At least, that's what happened to us. We tried for over 2 years to "take a break" from being so involved and they always said they really needed us just for "this" situation and then we could take a break....It took my big mouth getting us in trouble for them to decide "we needed a break".... icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> Gee, why didn't I think of that????

That, or she's afraid to ask for a break because she might get even more ill since she would no longer be giving her all to the household. icon_frown.gif:(-->

Onion Eater, I don't know if i would think that there would really be that many people. The kind of scrutiny they are supposed to give the group, only about a dozen or so "followers" would wear you out. The job they have to do by itself would probably put holes in most people's stomachs.

Is there anyone in Colorado, outside of Gunnison? I haven't heard tell of a TWI group thingywhatchamacallit out here in years, but I suppose there might be a few stragglers. It seems that in my occasional meeting of exTWI folks , SOMEONE would mention it.

~HAP

I think Florida may have a few more than 150 left.

Four years ago, before we left in 2000, there was a statewide "Defeating the Adversary" class on Memorial Day weekend.. There were about 350 active A/C grads there. That was less than 2 months after the first law suit was brought to light in the TWI fellowships. I recall being very careful of who we talked to about the stuff we knew at the time (thanks to Waydale).

I know that when we left in July, several people had already bailed out. There were also many more who did the same in the following months.

If there were 350 A/C grads - there were probably about 500 total followers in the state. I'm assuming that in the last 4 years, at least half of them left. I know the Tampa Bay Area went from having well over 100 participants to about 50 to 60 shortly after we got booted. If that followed suit, then there are probably about 250 left in the entire state.

I'm sure that the folks who got out after we did would be able to make a more accurate guess.

quote:
OnionEater, she has probably asked several times if she could take a break from coordinating only to be told they really need her.

That is exactly what has happened. Last year TWI told her she could cut back in a year, as soon as "leadership rises up". Now she says it will take 2 more years before she can pass leadership on to someone else.

Jim, even the innies won't put them on their cars. They were giving them away for free in our area a while back and not one person put them on their car. Can't says I blame 'em.

OE, I hope the WAYGB reads this and "makes it available" for anyone who wants to step down from any level of responsibility in the US to do so. They just use people until there's nothing left of them to use and then they throw them away like an old dishrag. A dishrag with a very nice homemade thank you card, but thrown away nonetheless.