GreaseSpot Cafe

Our "mother in da WOrd"

Second James

Hi everyone...I haven't posted in a few...but it just tickled my brain cells this morning who I would consider to be my "mother in the Word..since VPW was supposedly Our infamous FITW..so who dost thou saith??(pronouced "seth...PLEEEEZE")..

I sure can't go with cracklin Rosie on this one...& MRS VPW will probably be the "victor" (pun intended)..

Just for fun...JJ

Hey looks like its annonymous....the mystery lady from PFAL , whoever she may be is now my official "mother in da word"...hopefully she'll retain some sort of biblical accuracy & I appreciate the gentle guidance of each responder who, even though I'll dedicate a portion of my life to, I'll need to now rethink my entire theological position, so not to offend the above posters...

"Its the wierd, the wierd & nuthin' but the wierd!"

Even the Family Tables website that's not affiliated with TWI doesn't mention her name.

quote:
While searching for answers to present in his classes he met a former missionary who had worked in China and Korea. This lady taught Rev. Wierwille to read the Bible rather than read around it. This was a radical idea to a highly educated young man. She further encouraged Rev. Wierwille to “search for the greatest of all things in life which would teach Christian believers the how of a really victorious life” (Wierwille, 38). Rev. Wierwille took this advice and responded to the challenge by searching the scriptures more diligently.

His research eventually led him to a special prayer request: "Father, teach me the Word; teach me the Word." God answered the prayer of that Ohio pastor, plain as day, as he later recounted, "...that if I would study the Word, He would teach me the Word like He had not been able to teach it to anybody since the first century" (Wierwille, 42). It would be many years before he told anyone about this event but it was his motivation to focus his work on only the scriptures for the answers to "the how of a really victorious life."

Maybe "Born Again to Serve" mentions her name?

On page 38......Born Again to Serve

"Rev. Wierwille visited the Higley Press frequently for fellowship with people there....This opportunity I gladly accepted, and the venture proved fruitful. It was also at this press that Rev. Wierwille met Rosalind Rinker, a former missionary to China and Korea...

...She then further suggested, "Why don't you search for the greatest of all things in life which would teach Christians the how of a really victorious life?" He took her advice and began studying the Word more diligently."

This was during the Payne, Ohio tenure....1942.

Caution: major derail....

On page 91.....Born Again to Serve

A picture of BG Leonard's class in June/July 1953.

....."Dr. Wierwille was with us (Mrs. W. & Don), but of course, he was not a new student, though he wanted to sit through the class again because what BG Leonard was teaching was so thrilling and powerful about the 'gifts' of holy spirit and about spiritual healing."

THREE MONTHS LATER......on page 99 is a picture of "Dr. Wierwille's first pfal class"....October 1953.

Having sat thru BG Leonard's class....and being THRILLED by it (their words, not mine)....vpw runs "his" class.

How conveeeeient!!!!! icon_razz.gif:P--> icon_razz.gif:P-->

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

So what?

It was made known that B.G. Leonard was one of the men of God scattered across the continent that VPW learned from, that ultimately led to the final version of the PFAL class we all know and loved.

Instead of focusing on the truth in the class (even B.G. Leonard's version), you instead focus on how Wierwille got some of the information, and if the way he got some of the information doesn't suit your fancy, you slam him.

Who cares? Try looking at the truth in the class. And if you look at the results of a class that blessed thousands of folks, you may see that one of the issues was a godly communication from a man who was doing God's will in communicating it.

There you go again, focusing on Wierwille.

quote:
It was made known that B.G. Leonard was one of the men of God scattered across the continent that VPW learned from, that ultimately led to the final version of the PFAL class we all know and loved.

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

...nice way to dance around WHAT WE ALREADY KNOW!!

THREE MONTHS LATER........the "first pfal class" ran.

Heck....the minute vp got home he had to get the logistics of this class together! Get the people signed up. Registered. Class charts. You know the routine.

Nothing like BEE LINING it home to run LEONARD'S CLASS. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

quote:
I suppose you'd have some meaningful argument if the 1953 class and the 1967 class were identical. THEN you may say with ALL BOLDNESS, that VPW stole PFAL from Leonard.

Whole sections, paragraphs, character names, illustrations, charts, class formats, class photo style, etc. were "snipped" and pieced together for "vpw's class".......

But then, you're probably right......if you go to the nth degree with that qualifying and pivotal word, identical.

Okay......I'll step away from this table and let the original conversation continue. And, I hope Oldies doesn't keep following me. icon_smile.gif:)-->

So Dr. Rinker it is then?

quote:
...She then further suggested, "Why don't you search for the greatest of all things in life which would teach Christians the how of a really victorious life?" He took her advice and began studying the Word more diligently."

... then he decided that was WAY too hard so... icon_wink.gif;)-->

No, it was "Doc Higgins", the one who had read Bullinger and allegedly said to VPW; "you teach like Bullinger reads".

She is the one whom VPW called at night, and "released" his new findings upon, so that he in turn could then receive, then retain, and then release some more". He explained this not only from an historic point of view, but also to illustrate the principle of "receive, retain, release", and how it worked in his own life.

I am quite positive it was Doc Higgins and not Doc Rinker.

As an aside, I also think it was Doc Higgins who told Dr. Wierwille to stand naked in front of a mirror so he could admire the handiwork of God, to which his initial response was something like; "My God woman!" with the emphasis being on the point that most people think of their own bodies as something to be ashamed of, and that to stand naked in front of a mirror was somehow perverse or something. This may have been taught during CF and S. I think that during this part of his teaching he went to the verse somewhere in the Bible that says that "we are wonderfully and awesomely made".

I offer no opinion here on this particular teaching, but I do think that this is the correct history of Doc Higgins and her relationship with Dr. Wierwille.

We are wonderfully and awesomely made though, and certainly nothing to be ashamed of. Although, I do like to see photos of me back when I was 22 y.o., then as I am now at 47 y.o! icon_eek.gif

This discussion has brought up two women that influenced vpw's work at two different points in time.

1) Rosalind Rinker

2) Dr. Higgins (Doc Higgins)

In 1942....Rosalind is noted during the Payne, Ohio tenure.

quote:
On page 38......Born Again to Serve

"Rev. Wierwille visited the Higley Press frequently for fellowship with people there....This opportunity I gladly accepted, and the venture proved fruitful. It was also at this press that Rev. Wierwille met Rosalind Rinker, a former missionary to China and Korea...

Concerning Doc Higgins, I think Jonny Lingo had it about right.

quote:
No, it was "Doc Higgins", the one who had read Bullinger and allegedly said to VPW; "you teach like Bullinger reads".

She is the one whom VPW called at night, and "released" his new findings upon, so that he in turn could then receive, then retain, and then release some more". He explained this not only from an historic point of view, but also to illustrate the principle of "receive, retain, release", and how it worked in his own life.

Don't remember the year with Doc Higgins, but it was obviously a turning point in vpw's study.

Oh, one more thing.....Rosalind Rinker was not a doctor.

Hope this helps.

In all fairness to Oldies' statement.......he followed me over to this thread after our little jousting episode on the Twi Nostalgia vs Twi Reality thread.

I think it was my pointed question that sparked his ill-placed remark:

quote:
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If some folks would quit focusing endlessly on Wierwille's sins and dirty laundry, maybe the focus wouldn't be on the preacher; but other, more important things.

Does focusing on Wierwille's sins magnify the True and Living Way, the Christ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oldies....could you possibly get thru one sentence without bringing up "wierwille?"

Yeah......the worshipping of man is well documented.

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->