GreaseSpot Cafe

11th Corps

Dot Matrix

Tonto and Tom Strange - I've been in Fort Worth since "83 - I think - I got here right after graduation and I liked it. All those years New York City taught me that while I love snow I really would rather visit snow[/color] instead of live with it.

Sexie, as we always have, we are again bringing our babes, the 11th, back up to the top. You see, they hold the truth, but the truth doesn't hold them. And just as the ant, thou sluggard, the safest place for them is 'on the ball'.

I suppose that the 9th could be considered "grand-pappies" of the 13th. If you youngin's in the 11th want some metaphysical advise on what you should say to your people. the 13th, at a time like this, here it is:

Quit messin' around with ole Bethsheba!!!

Does anyone remember what the number 13 was supposed to represent in the B-I-B-L-E, now that's the book for me, I stand alone on the Word of God, the B-I-B-L-E ...... flashback to children's fellowship, sorry ...

Gotta go, Ms. Jonasas is calling...

HURTING?

Brother Tom, I too was born in Harris Hospital! Maaaany years ago.

And Dooj, I think I know who you are! I'll send you a private message...

Out there, being at the airport definately doesn't count. And don't even think the barbeque at DFW is the real thing... for that you've gotta get in the car and take a drive west. (That'll get the Dallas county folks all riled up).

Look at this Too Gray...look at all the activity you and your duck have generated for this thread. :wave:

Tonto -

I could NOT agree more... Indeed. BBQ at the DFW airpoirt?? Good????

Lordy pete - ANY airport I have been in earns at least this common/uncommon distinction:

Airports: Where Food Goes to Die..

(And for those of you cruising the threads looking for plagiarized lines - that last one is one. I heard in on the BBC Show "Chef" spoken by the Gareth Blackstock character... there. And the rest of the words I used in my post, I got those from Webster - I guess. :P )

.... being accurate is SO much more work... :lol:

* (Trascription of the new answering system at HQ)

* Your call has been forwarded to the Way International.

God Bless You. This is the Way international. Please listen to our menu -

Press 1 to leave a message for Rosie "the General Lee" Riven-bark

Press 2 to leave a message for the bored of crustees

Press 3 to if you would like to cuss out LCM in spanish

Press 4 to hear the weather in gunnison, colorado

Press 5 if you have been faithfull sending in your blue forms and money so that YOU can hear our pre-recorded, freshly inspired daily blessing - *just for you* - recorded every day at the fountain by our very own Dr. Wiewille impressionist...

Press 666 if you have not been abundantly sharing and you will be transfered to hell without the daily blessing in the previous selection.

Press 7 If you JUST RE-started tithing and you would like to arrange an appointment to have God spit on you

.... or just stay on the line and one of our trained counselors will hear your genuine, spiritual suspicion.

...... God Bless You. This is the Way international. Please listen to our menu -

You Texans....

Y'all got a different word for everything! :biglaugh:

(Being Serious now: People talk about being drugged in the motorcoach and then waking up, compromised)

So, when you said AMF - I thought maybe you meant -

alpha- methylfentanyl or "China White" which is a highly potent synthetic narcotic analgesic. The street varieties are dangerous as hell.

Glad that didn't happen to you, Dooj!!

Doojable

Instead of the impersonal AMF I prefer the more intimate KMA (along with the appropriate sign language)

Boy, the motor home was one den of iniquity. where was I when all this stuff was going on? Probably out in the field with my butt toward the sky picking up rocks. Some way builders knew me by my a$$ which every work day was picking up little rocks next to Allen Gym. I missed all the sex and the drinking and the drugs and every other sinful pleasure - DAMM!!!

I was led to that motorcoach - by a staff memeber but somehow got out - intact. I think the guy expected me to be willing and I wasn't.

After that not too many guys talked to me. Now I finally no why.

Oh and AMF isn't a Texas thing - it's a military thing I got from my ex-airforce husband. ("ex" refers to the ariforce not the husband.)

The only group that uses more acronyms than TWI -the military. I tell more as they come to me. I usually only know the ones that keep me from cussing. Like - SOL S**t Outta Luck :D

I was led to that motorcoach - by a staff memeber but somehow got out - intact.

Another one!!!!

When Mrs. Too Gray Now and I were in residence for a block at HQ - we got to "shadow" LCM. This was a couple of years before the Atheletes craze...

So we shadowed Craig. Guess what we did???

We raked leaves. Outside the chalet. The three of us raked leaves... all afternoon. We raked leaves the spirichul way!

Craig was reasonably warm... we joked, we both laughed, we didn't talk ANY bible, - all in all - a lot like raking leaves would have been with a "normal" person.

We even went into his motor home and had soft drinks. I asked him if he used the coach much when he wasn't on the road... I think he said something like, "Not too much. Sometimes it is a little bit quieter if Timmy is fussing - But I don't use it as much as Dr. Wierwille does, his."

We went to the chalet - he asked us if we were tired, we said, sort of... so he let the Mrs. and I play hookey for the rest of the day. He said, "Take the rest of the day off." He smiled, we said the obligatory "God Bless" and split.

It really is too bad that Craig and others behaved so f* ed up with so many other people. And that so many corps (like us Gray ducks) didn't see that sort of despicable crap...

If I had only known... maybe I could have thrust my rake up his down spout. :evildenk:

Instead, we thought we had just spent some quality time and really got to see "the heart" of the Corps Director.

Yeah. RIGHT!

Edited by Too Gray Now

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to posting at GSC...actually to posting at all!! I recently exited TWI after 28 years and, of course, I've wondered about lots of folks the last 12 years or so. I was not in th 11th Corps but at one time was good friends with Mark Luden. If I recall correctly he married someone named "Nancy" from the Family Corps. Has anyone had contact with Mark or know of his whereabouts?

Thanks!

Merry CHRISTMAS!!!