GreaseSpot Cafe

11th Corps

Dot Matrix

I have been a lurker for many years now and can't express the graditude I have for these websites. I was in free fall from the divorce from the ministry that I was active in for nineteen years. I am explaiining this on the 11th Corps site because I am a graduate of it and hold all those in high esteem that I graduated with. My graditude doesn't stop there because I would still be messed up from the worlds fate had I not taken PFAL. Now,before you all jump on that let me say I had no exposure to the Bible before taking the calss so I was starving for answers to why bad things had happened to me-a fairly good person. My track thru the minisry was in the healing arts and I did the whole gamut, working third-aid at the rock,Corps,interm year with Dr.R.,the whole ball of wax. I was there for the LEAD mess and was at the airport to gather those poor souls back to some loving arms. The true spiritual leaders were not those leading but those who stayed faithful to working and loving,the two reasons I see why God wanted children at all, all else gets you puffed up. All this may sound very simplistic but that is how I have tried to keep my relationship with God pure. Oh,by the way Iam southern gentlemans wife,I am not too computer literate and will someday figure how to get my own name on here. I have stared this post probably twenty times but today was the day.gotta go,am going shopping with some friends.

My Dearest Southern Gentleman Wifey (Thats about as southernly proper as I can get)

I will never jump on you for loving what PFAL did for you. I venture to say it did the same for me and more. I never would have known God without it.

It's great to hear from you and I hope this is the start of many posts from you.

• 3 weeks later...

O.K. 11th - CORPSE NIGHT

Are you ready with your retemories. Did you bring your water bottle? Are you wearing your three piece suit with all your medals (Holy Spirit dove, WOW pin and of course snot filled hankerchief in the top pocket)?

Eat an extra Snickers or drink some extra coffee?

See ya there

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
....Chris Gremlick and Angie were here in the Detroit area but I don't know where they are now or if they are in or out.....

This may be a bit on the old news side, but they are Region Coordinators in Massachusetts. Doing a bang up job (sarcasim intended).

I left TWI in 1989. If only I had the sense to stay who knows where I could have been today. Why I'm sure I could have been Pope of the TWI. I probably would have turned into a red-neck Pope though - you know Bud Light for communion wine. 1969 Pontiac GTO's for Limb cars, Maybe fried rabbit and racoon for lunch each day. All this if I had just stayed.

• 1 month later...

OK 11th corpsers, its been over 30 days since anyone has posted anything here. Are you all stuck in bed with Mono or something? Or maybe you broke a nail going thru your retemory cards and can't type.

Or maybe you are too busy praying like we did whenever don wierwille started teaching

In any case now is a good time to at least say you are still alive and breathing (or at least still breathing)

Still here - hey does anyone remember these two folks and have any info?

that was Nicole ????? she was a fiery dark skinned Italian girl frim NY and she got sent to RI on interim year

Then there was David????from Boston. He has very curly blond hair and was fairly tall.

Does anyone know who I'm talking about?

Yes to Dave Hansen! I wonder what he's up to...

As to the girl - I am positive her name was Nicole - because I called her "Nicky" she got in REAL trouble the first block of our last year at HQ because she and a guy snuck out and came back the next morning.....

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to stop in and see what was going on < < < < < < < "on" > > > > > > .

(That was the sound of a 7 repeater echo.)

Hmmmm - kinda quiet.

I have been gone a long time, but needed to do some maintenance on my avatar

(they took down my favorite duct-taped duck :( :realmad:

Oh well. Had to choose something more sedate for this go around.

By the way, OUT THERE - I (we) just finished painting the exterior of the house. I took a rope and hooked it up to belay my son over the peak - so I learned something from LEAD - ....

like - when you are approaching 55, 'tis better to belay - than to belly roll off the roof!

Been too busy to post, lately. That trend is likely to continue. Say hi to all the SNAKE EYE corps for me - (like DOT, Vickles (if she is ever on the boards anymore) and Dooj, and Polar, and .. ... ... and say hi to those "elder" corps... Ex, TomStrange, Tuttle - :wave:

Hello Too Grey Now - Glad you checked in. I've been kinda lurking in the background recently. reading the posts but not posting myself.

Roof Belay huh? - Nice, good practical application of what we learned at BLEAD..

I keep hoping some 11th will find thier way back here and post a little bit. seems everyone wishes to remain anonymous.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I guess we 11th are like ants on a golf ball, or rather we are not on the ball. Perhaps we should remember the imortal words from PFAL - What do you think his back looked like, I bet he couldn't have won any beauty pagents or something to that effect.

Wasn't 11 an unholy number or something meaning disintegration or something to that effect. Anyone out there with a bullinger numbers in scriptures?

Well Dooj, any ideas of how we can BM everyone to get some 11th posting action? We may have lost everyone since it has been 23 years since graduation