Texas

Goey

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds good to me. If we don't want to impose on Ex10 again, I'm sure there are other acceptable venues. I'd offer my home, but it's pretty far from everyone EXCEPT Ex10 (and maybe the "Krispys").

George

Location is still being considered. Ex10 has said she would do it again, but that doesn't mean she has to do it.

I would love to come, and have reserved my "mr-niKa-keeps-the-kids-weekend" for that purpose. As soon as there's a solid date, I'll make some airline reservations. Will it be Houston again? My dearest, long-time-est (not going to say "oldest,' no, not me) friend is waiting for that weekend, too, whenever it is; we're both looking forward to it!

We're thinking about the same time of year as last year. No firm date has been set yet - but most likely the first weekend in November. DON"T make reservations yet! Ex10 has kids in college and one in high school and we both have to look at kids' schedules first.

Still kinda wanting feedback...

Hey, give me a date and I will totally work around it. The first week-end in Novemeber works, but if you guys want to do it sooner, let me know. I am totally flexible. If ya'll don't mind the heat of August or September, tis fine by me. I'm just accomodating the Yankees among us. :)

• 1 month later...

So is the date Friday, November 2 - Sunday, November 4? Is this a firm date? Is it at Ex10's? And if so, what is the best airport to fly into? Those needing airline reservations want to know.

Suda

Gotta confirm some things with Ex10 first. That weekend works for me. I think that I forget the name of the airport - it used to be called "Hobby" but I think that the name got changed to something like "Geo Bush Airport."

Stay tuned for facts and rumors.......;)

Should be do BBQ again? Chili? I'll have food ready to greet everyone early - like I did last time.

Desserts...hmmmm what should it be this time?

IF the party is at Ex10's, the closer airport is George Bush Intercontinental Airport, which uses the abbreviation IAH. Hobby Airport is on the south side of town, and uses the abbreviation HOU. Bush is about a 15 minute drive to Ex10's; Hobby is about 45 min, depending on traffic through town.

George

Hey!! That was my 5000th post!

Hey George,

Your times are right for getting from the airports to the front of The Woodlands, but then you gotta add 15 to 20 minutes to get to from I-45 to the NW corner where I live. ;) The fastest I've ever made it from Bush Intercontinental to my house and vice versa is about 30 minutes. And that was flying down the Hardy Toll Road with no cops or traffic.

The trip from Hobby totally depends on time of day and traffic.

We are hammering out a few more details for the BBQ, and as soon as we get it all figured out, we will let everyone know, so ya'll have as much time as possible to plan.

Hey, George, it all started with you and Tom Strange wanting to come for dinner. As long as you and your beloved are here, and Tom, it's a BBQ!

We'll do it here, same place, the first weekend in November. Thanks for inviting yourself for dinner! You know you started this. :wave:

Edited by ex10

I'm gonna get a better tutu this time around.....

Now what would a Goddess of the Kitchen serve for dessert....?

I'll take requests - but I withold the right to make the final decree (I AM the Goddess, afterall.;))

Hey! :thinking:

Twinky gave me a "to die for" Sticky Toffee Pudding recipe! Wanna try that? It's posted around here somewhere, I do believe.

As long as my tiara doesn't get sticky..... :biglaugh:

I can use it as one of the desserts - you know how I am - I have to have plenty around so that everyone has plenty to eat and some can even take some home to their families.

Thanks for volunteering, Suda. :love3: I do believe Dooj will be showing up on Friday afternoon/evening to get food started. You are most certainly welcome to join us.

I guess I should take this opportunity to let everybody know, that we are going to do things a tad bit differently this year, mainly due to my current schedule with work and such things.

Last year, it was a blast having some of the girls stay at our house. But this year, we won't be able to accomodate anyone. Also, I won't be able to pick people up from the airport, so anybody who is flying in, will have to arrange transportation to and from the airport. There are tons of hotels within 15 or 20 minutes of our house. If anybody wants accomodation information, just pm me and I'll get it to you.

Since the schedule last year seemed to work well, we'll do it the same way. After all, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. We'll start the BBQ around noonish on Saturday, November 3rd, and end ????? when the cock crows thrice? :o

And Sunday morning we'll do a loose "fellowship" type thing at 9 am. Whoever wants to come can, (no pressure) and then we'll have brunch/lunch at 11 am. Then we'll kick everybody out late afternoon on Sunday.

I can't wait!