Goey

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just found a true Texan.

Yes shop at HEB. Mr. Butt the Baptist who for years wound not sell any alcoholic beverages. Can't really say to much because the chain started here.

All kidding aside I shop at HEB twice to three times a week.

O course my choices are HEB, WalMart, Albertsons, or Super S. Those are the only stores for 50 miles.

JBarrax - I'd say one or all of the above - except dessert. RmRunner and I are having a grand cheesecake competition - and I'm gonna win. Now if you don't like cheesecake - you might want to bring some dessert.

Seriously, Let us know what you want to bring and we'll plan accordingly.

Well I'm a beer and chips man myself, but I've recently discovered a quaint little bbq joint called Cackle and Oink bbq here in Sherman. Unless the pictures on the walls are fake, they've won some regional bbq competitions (in Louisiana, Texas etc). We sampled the family pack and had he beef brisket, green beans, and coleslaw. Slaw is slaw, but the green beans and brisket were delish! If there's not too much bbq already, I'd liike to bring some. If that's covered, I'll just get an enormous assortment of chips, pretzels, salsa's, dips, and whatnot, and some MGD, Coke, Ginger Ale and other popular beverages.

I'm still trying to talk Deb into it, so I may have to come solo. :-(

Hey, hon! (as we say here in Texas!)

Can't wait to meet you and taste the bbq. Wish your dearly beloved would come too. Can I help twist her (lovely, I'm sure) arm?

We gonna have a good time! Don't want Deb to miss out.

Mi casa, su casa.

:wave:

Count me out...But have a great one!!!

:dance::dance::dance:

I'll be there the good Lord Willin' and the creek don't rise!

Tickets purchased

Cat sitter arranged

camera with film

address book

spare set of unmentionables

extra socks

nightgown

toothbrush, makeup and comb (will have to borrow toothpaste since the airlines are afeerd that I will use my crest ™whitening gel to blow something up!)

extra pair jeans

money

ID

Think that about covers it

Edited by templelady

Thanks my dear. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

Hey you lot, it was so nice of you to ring and shout "Hello" at me on Saturday! :) Wish I could have been there. Another time, maybe.

In the meantime, I'll just imagine the spare ribs and blueberry cheesecake - mmmm-mmmmm...

I got a serious yum out of the chocolate swirl cheesecake too. It was greatly enjoyed by all the dinner guests.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow I missed the Barbeque.

Howdy Texas folks.

Sarah and I where married in El Paso.

We Fellowshipped in Killeen, Waco, Austin, for a bit as well before we moved on to Kentucky.

After reading the Texas Thread I was impressed with how Big texas is. For being so huge I was also impressed that I did not see anyone I recognized posting here. Anyhows We are in New Mexico now........Someone said "a suburb of texas".

Edited by Patrick and Sarah

• 6 months later...

Dare we try yet another Texas BBQ???? Anyone game???? I will do the cooking and I promise no cheesecake will infiltrate the compound... :biglaugh: (Unless, of course, it's requested - but there are so many more interesting desserts.....