GreaseSpot Cafe

Are the stars' "clown-lips" attractive?

waterbuffalo

Am I the only person who has noticed how deformed some of the stars look now because of the excessive collagen treatments to their lips?

Yuck! why would otherwise attractive women do that to themselves? Do they think this adds to their sex appeal? Are they trying to project the perpetual pucker image? If so, what for?

They look terrible! Check out Pricilla Presley, Melanie Griffeth, Julia Roberts before the birth of her twins--the list goes on and on.

Does no one care to be different (and not mutilate themselves in this way?). Do they think this makes them attractive?)

What gives. Does anyone have the inside scoop as to the marketing technique they are trying to employ?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

I find it amazing that:

1- I see drop-dead gorgeous ladies on the streets every now and again.

2- I see pictures of movie-stars when on the street, and commonly they look terrible.

My assumption is that movie-star ladies are normal average looking women, who require hours of make-up and primping to look good.

I dont get why they dont 'pick' ladies who look great naturally. I dont understand. I am confused.

WB, I think they look disgusting! I can't imagine shooting poison into my body just to acquire characteristics that someone else says makes a woman beautiful.

Personally, my body is already too high maintenance! LOL! I sure as heck don't want to add any more required tune-ups to it. If my body was a car, I never would have bought it..... nono5.gif

I wonder what their lips will look like when they are old?

I agree, they are not attractive. But, I had a friend who had full lips and guys said it was a turn on. Is it more kissable, or what?... icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

O.K., you've hit a hot-button issue for me. Yeah, a pretty trivial one, but a hot one all the same.

Yes, those "bubble-lips" look ridiculous. They remind me of those wax-lip candies we used to get when we were kids (around Halloween, IIRC).

I think the worst offender is Jack Nicholson's main squeeze. I forget her name, but she was the one that played the D.A. on "The Practice". Gawddam, here's a poor lady who's not overly attractive to begin with, then she starves herself down to anorexic proportions, then for the topper she gets her lips blown up like balloons, and this looks good?

Oh well, whaddu I know when it comes to fashion?

My idea of "dressing up" is to wear something other than Levis, polo shirt, and workboots...

Angelina Jolie IS beautiful and I do think they are her real lips. Good taste Tom Strange smile.gif:)-->

karmicdebt, nope, it is far from going out of style. Maybe you're looking at old photos? Just last week there was a photo collage of all the different actresses getting the poison shot into their lips and cheeks.

RIGHT, Ex! LOL!

And, no, I saw Priscilla on t.v. last week with her daughter, actually it was an advertisement for an Oprah show which I haven't seen in oh, 15 years, and that's when I saw Priscilla's lips. OHMYGAWD! She looked deformed! And, she used to be so pretty before she started messing with her lips. She looked like a baboon!

no it's true about Kim Basinger

quote:
BASINGER'S CHILDHOOD WAS MARKED by a troubled family life and wrenching shyness. One early cause of self-consciousness: "Derogatory remarks about my big, fat lips," she recalls. For class pictures she would press her lips together to hide them, but her father would assure her, "'Just wait, someday you'll make money off those.' I couldn't understand that connection then, but he helped me," says Basinger.
that was from an interview with her

Sudo:

"You really think so?? Her real lips?? Hmmm...

angelina_jolie_lips.jpg "

WOW

Those are HUGE !!!

I dont 'get' the urge to have fat lips.

I do recall hering a saying among sailors:

"She looks so good, only one way that her face would look any better,

that is with her lips wrapped around my d--k"

Could it be that such a common vulgarity, could be at the heart of this trend?

Well, Galen, we should have just asked YOU to begin with!!!What were we thinking?????

Even though there is probably a lot of truth in what you said, I'm not sure that some people would be happy with your post.

Fact is, it is pretty sad what some women will do to win approval from ???? and probably men, too.

Edited by waterbuffalo

I would think it would be attitude that would make women more attractive to men than just their lips, a$$ or whatever... Ever see those women who can attract men from miles around but aren't exactly a "10" - they're just real self-confident... Usually they're the women who don't 'need' a man...

Melanie Griffith and some of these other starlets are just doing what they think will make them look younger. In tinsel town youth = work. So it's survival for them. Personally, I think they're starting to look like Chris Rock around the mouth... or that they've got massive overbites...

As far as Angelina Jolie goes... after watching her chew on her brother's lips like they were loves at some awards ceremony a couple of years ago, I hate to think where those lips have been! I mean.... eeeeewwwwwwwww! She's a pig, really.

ChasUFarley:

"I would think it would be attitude that would make women more attractive to men than just their ... whatever... "

You are correct. [but dont tell anyone]

I do stand by my earlier idea:

I see drop-dead gorgeous ladies on the streets, I dont get why they dont 'pick'

naturally gorgeous ladies instead of movie-stars who when on the street, look terrible.

The other evening between Sci-Fi and CMT we stopped for a minute watching a make-up artist transform a pimple-covered girl into a clone of Britney Spears. They puttied the dimples and used an air-brush to paint her skin to a nice even tan. The way they can do those things, is really amazing.

quote:
As far as Angelina Jolie goes... after watching her chew on her brother's lips like they were loves at some awards ceremony a couple of years ago, I hate to think where those lips have been! I mean.... eeeeewwwwwwwww! She's a pig, really.
Yeah? So?

...you have to admit she's a beautiful pig!

I'm wondering what these gals are going to look like in their 70's, with all the stretched skin???

And, how come guys like Robert Redford are still considered gorgeous and sexy?? His face is so weathered and wrinkled. It must be his self-assured attitude to not buy into the opinions of others that makes him so attractive to so many.

I think that woman who have naturally big lips can be beautiful, but not when it's faked. It's a lot like breast implants, bigger and fake is worse than average and natural.

However, when it comes to women with big lips, I think that one of the most beautiful women in the world is Jessica Alba, and she has full lips, although naturally:

Jessica%20Alba.jpg

Beautiful.