GreaseSpot Cafe

Who was Victor Paul Wierwille?

WordWolf

WTH ...that is one reaaaally wierd take on why people post what they think of vpw.....

He betrayed our trust viley...

He stole when he demanded and requisitioned, from us what we gave in God`s name....

He destroyed people without compunction in God`s name....

He was an evil man who was able to perpetrate horrible acts due to the fact he disarmed his victims by masquerading as a minister of God ....

I don`t see anything in here about what I want people to think of me.....

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another brilliant, pointless essay of obfuscation by the wierwille-worshipping waddahayseed.........

.."But let's get honest about what it is that is really bugging you. It's not whether or not someone thinks VPW was good or bad, whether he was a heretic or a hero, but what you're really afraid of - is the fact nobody is gonna think of, remember or talk of me once I leave this cold, heartless world. "

classic horse-spit from the master, waddaklown..

Yeah he's dead, hooray!

But I really don't care about him. See the offshoot cults and the reverends from him(legions that they are) are still leading people astray.

You're right VPW couldn't care about what is said now or then. VPW can't give me what I want which is Ca-Ching! I care about the pockets not the maggot food! Besides it's useless here talking about him. I talk to FBI, Homeland Security, My Congressman, Senators, Attorneys, etc. Sure I know TWI has politicians, but mine don't play that game!

Not to derail too much but..

When old Rose finally kicks der bucket, I wonder if we will start seeing postings about former followers under her rule dancing and singing in the streets, "ding dong the witch is dead, the witch is dead, the wicked witch" heh heh.

Well.. one thing is true, when the wicked perish, there is a shout of joy..

It may take a little while- some take quite a while to wake up and see what kind of wickedness they were really dealing with.

As expected, Mr. Wordwolf completely missed the context of my last post. The only poor reader would be him, as he goes so far to use another opininated posters sentiments about VPW to try to prove VPW cared what others thougth of him. Well gee whiz then, VPW sure missed the boat fashioning a public persona and impressing me since I just stated:

quote:
no matter what people have to say good or bad, they end up thinking and talking a whole heck of a lot about VPW, which is certainly a heck of a lot more than what I ever care to.

I am fully aware of Mr. WordWolf's reasons for posting on this thread. -- And this is just one of his reasons:

quote:
Someone claimed to represent the true God, and siphoned the life from my spiritual family like some movie vampire.
Yeah well, before you and a host of others go about accusing VPW of that, take a good look at yourself in a mirror and ask the one in the mirror what they are doing and offering people today - the Word of God or merely anectdotes about VPW? Don't blame VPW for siphoning the life from your spiritual family just because your testimony of Jesus Christ is lost in a mire of anecdotes, chicken soup stories, three points and a poem. (With apologies to Dr. Suess).

It's not VPW's fault the "spiritual family" has been reduced to a political, isolated fringe social activist group. In an effort to be contemporary and relevant, many have forsaken the Word of God altogether and have become nothing more than religious social clubs. For the most part, their mentalitiy is no different than TWI's "remnant mentality" today, which only ends up being a cloak for nothing more than religious pride.

The question I would ask, 'Is that the vision and purpose I have for my life?' If it is, then I am sure I wouldn't want to join your church. Your church is too contemporary. A church is too contemporary when the eternal destinies of men and women are trivialized by anecdotes about people (like VPW), the pursuit of career and money, and the short-lived pleasures of this life. On the other hand some of us are committed to preaching the uncompormised Word of God, whether it is popular, politically correct or seen as intolerant. It's too bad that we're not going to change enough to statisfy your desires, huh.

I would think WTH, that as for what folks have to offer, it surely isn`t the pain and evil on the scale that vpw chose to *give*..no?

If in looking in the mirror this day, we decide to simply apply the 2nd commandment, and refrain from hurting, stealing from, raping, or destroying our neighbor....even if we never *offered* a single other good to mankind...we would have a far better impact for people and God.

He darn sure wouldn`t have so much damage control to deal with.

On the other hand, If you teach scripture like vp no matter how much or how accuratly....and then procede maim and steal from people, AND teach others that it is ok to do likewise....using said scripture as a justification for your vile acts, I would think, that rather than having done any possible good for people or God that day....in reality, it gives God a great big black eye.

Kindda silly, if God wants us to know that he is love through the bible, and you teach folks the and then USE said bible to control and hurt, it really hasn`t really taught about who/what God is supposed to be.

I don`t think vpw did God OR his bretheren any big favors, buddy.

Edited by rascal

As far as when I personally look in the mirror? (I am sure that there are many gspotters as well) that rather than having to utilize the epitaph to describe what they see as *I WISH I were the man I knew to be* .... can with all honesty look ourselves straight in the eye and say that I AM the man/woman that I know to be.

We do not have to make excuses.

quote:
Originally posted by What The Hay:

As expected, Mr. Wordwolf completely missed the context of my last post.

That's Doctor WordWolf, and you missed your OWN context.

quote:

The only poor reader would be him, as he goes so far to use another opininated posters sentiments about VPW to try to prove VPW cared what others thougth of him.

Actually, it was nicely representative, and was as accurate as if I'd spent an hour

writing up example after example. Amazing you seem to have missed every example

vpw gave in his own life. If it wasn't YOU missing them, I'd wonder how someone

could fail to see it.

quote:

Well gee whiz then, VPW sure missed the boat fashioning a public persona and impressing me

As you've demonstrated aptly, with you, he succeeded beyond his expectations.

If he'd drawn a pistol and shot into the crowd at the Big Top, killing some of them,

you'd criticize us for still discussing it, after all, everyone affected is now dead.

quote:

since I just stated:

quote:
no matter what people have to say good or bad, they end up thinking and talking a whole heck of a lot about VPW, which is certainly a heck of a lot more than what I ever care to.

This seems to periodically surprise you, but law forums discuss the law, car forums

discuss cars, and twi forums discuss twi.

This is the purpose of the GreaseSpot Cafe. Therefore, anyone who is even partially aware of why we're here should expect

us to discuss vpw, his classes, his structures, his felonies.

quote:

I am fully aware of Mr. WordWolf's reasons for posting on this thread.

No, you're not. This is fairly unique, since I've explained in my posts why I post here.

Therefore, most people here know why I post here.

quote:

-- And this is just one of his reasons:

quote:
Someone claimed to represent the true God, and siphoned the life from my spiritual family like some movie vampire.
Yeah well, before you and a host of others go about accusing VPW of that,

He DID ruin people's lives.

Amazing how you can absolutely live in denial of that.

People whose lives were ruined-PERSONALLY-by him have posted here.

In GREAT detail.

For YEARS.

New arrivals seem to pick this up, after a short time reading the accounts here.

There are several reasons you might have missed this, but by now, it's obvious this is

intentional.

Even the vpw apologists usually don't try to deny that

vpw spent the group's money on his personal vices and luxuries while insisting others not spend money on THEIR luxuries and vices,

and he raped and molested lots of women in twi, resorting to drugging them when they were reluctant.

quote:

take a good look at yourself in a mirror

Ooo, WTH's famous mirror that he brings up all the time! Maybe he's got some sort of mirror

fixation.

quote:

and ask the one in the mirror what they are doing and offering people today - the Word of God or merely anectdotes about VPW? Don't blame VPW for siphoning the life from your spiritual family just because your testimony of Jesus Christ is lost in a mire of anecdotes, chicken soup stories, three points and a poem. (With apologies to Dr. Suess).

Ok, I can play this game!

See the new thread for this game....

quote:

It's not VPW's fault the "spiritual family" has been reduced to a political, isolated fringe social activist group.

Rather than offer the timeless principles of God, vpw cut all corners. He slapped together

an organization "prefab", and his doctrine "prefab" (he plagiarized the best he could find.)

He then put forth the propaganda campaign that he himself was some great one. All the

members gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying 'this man is the great power of

God', and they all gave heed to him, and for long time he bewitched them with his line of bs.

He used the zeitgeist's disaffection with organized religion to pretend he was offering

something "DISorganized", then slowly added more rules that suited him.

HE was the one who dabbled in politics.

HE was the one who dabbled in "social activism" (depending on what one means with that-

there's currently insufficient numbers in twi to be "activist" in anything bigger than a

PTA or Community Planning Board.)

HE was the one who isolated it from everyone else. ("We're BETTER than the rest! Don't ever

trust organized religion!")

Hm.

Sounds like vpw was primarily responsible for twi, from early on, attempting to operate as a

"political isolated fringe activist group."

quote:

In an effort to be contemporary and relevant, many have forsaken the Word of God altogether and have become nothing more than religious social clubs. For the most part, their mentalitiy is no different than TWI's "remnant mentality" today, which only ends up being a cloak for nothing more than religious pride.

I suppose that applies to a FEW.

I'd say thousands upon thousands more-either from WayDale, the GSC or having never posted here

and just getting on with their lives-attempted to be their best for God in other fashions

and just cared more about that than they did about money, sex or luxuries.

quote:

The question I would ask, 'Is that the vision and purpose I have for my life?' If it is, then I am sure I wouldn't want to join your church.

The minorities who have done so, I AGREE, are sad and misguided.

(See-we actually agree on something!)

Most people here can't say that this applies to them.

Most of those who that DOES apply to post here once or twice a year, make a drive-by

posting ad, explain how they know what we don't, and leave.

(Hm. That sounds familiar.)

Further, you STILL have no idea what I do when I'm not logged in to the GSC.

Finally, when I encounter all the superholy people who feel qualified to pass judgement on

me while lacking basic information to form an opinion, I make a mental note not to invite nor

direct them anywhere. So, don't worry about having to refuse an invitation to my church.

quote:

Your church is too contemporary. A church is too contemporary when the eternal destinies of men and women are trivialized by anecdotes about people (like VPW), the pursuit of career and money, and the short-lived pleasures of this life.

Now, THAT's a ridiculous caricature. (A "strawman".) Nobody's formed the

"Church of the anti-vpw". If you count GSC as a "church", you've forgotten what a church IS.

Then again, why am I surprised?

quote:

On the other hand some of us are committed to preaching the uncompormised Word of God, whether it is popular, politically correct or seen as intolerant. It's too bad that we're not going to change enough to statisfy your desires, huh.

Yes, that's too bad.

First of all, you're vision has frozen to the level that you're unable to recognize the

Christian efforts of anyone other than yourselves.

If you had macular degeneration, you could have surgery.

Sadly, spiritual macular degeneration is not solved so easily-there is no "surgery of the

heart"-short of the direct intervention of God Almighty.

If one was to judge YOUR spiritual life based purely on the content of your posts at GSC,

one's logical conclusions would be

"WTH spends all his time denying testimony of hundreds of witnesses, and bends all his effort

towards obscuring evidence and misdirecting attention away from the truth.

WTH does nothing profitable to God with his time."

Harsh, perhaps, but you were the one who was making the comparison.

I just used your OWN standard on your OWN behaviour.

You didn't INTEND to be a typical

"do as I say not as I do" hypocrite

like you say most churches are LOADED with, did you?

You DO think it's fair to apply your own standard to your own life, right?

quote:
"WTH spends all his time denying testimony of hundreds of witnesses, and bends all his effort towards obscuring evidence and misdirecting attention away from the truth.

I would say that is a more apt and accurate description of yourself Mr. Wordwolf (but then, I am fully aware that your not the only one) ... using all your effort toward obscuring evidence and misdirecting people's attention away from the truth.

Of course it's not the truth regarding VPW I am refering to, but The Truth of Jesus Christ. You would prefer people forget the testimonies of the thousands whose lives were redeemeed and saved by the preaching of the Lord Jesus Christ through the ministry of VPW, in favor of the few hundred, who today for the most part care less about the Word of God, the Lord, and more about VPW! If that weren't so, they would be discussing the Lord more than VPW. But then, you will discount the tesimony of the thousands in favor of the few hundred - because the thousands haven't posted their personal testimonies at GSC? Well don't hold your breath and expect them to simply because they have a much larger vision for their life than your silly game.

As I had stated in my last post:

quote:
Don't blame VPW for siphoning the life from your spiritual family just because your testimony of Jesus Christ is lost in a mire of anecdotes, chicken soup stories, three points and a poem. (With apologies to Dr. Suess).

Ok, I can play this game!

See the new thread for this game....

Thanks for adding that to the list of how one can also siphon the life from their spiritual family. I forgot that one.

WTH, I see it in a more sinister light....vpw used the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to achieve his ends....

Look at the fruit if his teaching ....much pain and destruction, I don`t think that comes from the truth.

VP was no better than any other wolf in history that masqueraded as a sheep in order to sneak in close enough to devour the flock.

I guess we all looked at the good at the time, or at least what we saw as good.

But we many of us did not know the truth of what was going on at the time.

When someone is dead we would normally only concentrate on the good times and a person's good points.

To quote George Orwell:

"An Englishman is always virtuous when he is dead" (Burmese Days)

But in the case of someone who built themselves up as THE Man of God for our time, such a focus upon their bad points is more inevitable.

I'm not sure what point your trying to make by bringing up Jeffrey Dahmer and comparing him to VPW. I don't recall Mr. Dahmer claiming he cared about the Lord one way or the other. I don't see the point you're trying to make - other than the point is a classic example of an idiotic comparrison between two entirely and completely different people.

In your last post you mentioned people should remember all the good he (Mr. Dahmer) did. I got some shocking news if you weren't aware of this already. Mr. Dahmer did contribute good to the benefit of our society. I read an article in 2000 where they were examining the brains of one of "his victims" and were totally astounded by the skill Mr. Dahmer used and diplayed in disecting the human brain. There are nuerosurgeons today studing his skills simply because they are astounded by his workmanship.

Mr. Dahmer could have been one of the worlds greatest top notch nuerosurgeons himself - had he decided to use his knowledge of human anatomy and skill for good rather than evil. But I have found that to be true with any body of knowledge. Knowledge can be used for good or evil - for man's benefit or demise. It all depends on the man.

Why do you think there's so much debate today about "stem-cell research"? I'm not so certain it is a debate over the advancement of human life or the ending of a human life, as much as it is the fear that someone ends up with having total control over a certain body of knowledge. I'm more convinced of the latter. God forbid a certain "body of knowledge" should ever get into the wrong hands! I guess we can say pretty much the same thing about biblical research too, huh?

quote:
I'm not sure what point your trying to make by bringing up Jeffrey Dahmer and comparing him to VPW. I don't recall Mr. Dahmer claiming he cared about the Lord one way or the other. I don't see the point you're trying to make - other than the point is a classic example of an idiotic comparrison between two entirely and completely different people.

I'm not surprised that you can't see the comparison and therefore write it off as 'idiotic." If I had any respect for your analytical skills, I'd try to explain it to you. But I don't. So I won't.

The *TRUE gospel of Jesus Christ* as you termed it wth, as I see it, was simply the candy that the pervert used to lure the children into his car.

Yeah sure the candy looked tasty, that is why a predator utilizes it to lure a naieve child to them.

The child focuses on the brightly wrapped goody and is unaware untill too late of the impending doom.

• 6 months later...
As far as what *I* personally think about him ...

I understand that he and Mrs snuck off to get married while they were supposed to be in college....

didn`t tell anyone for a year.

That doesn`t seem very honest or forthright to their parents.

I talked to someone in chat one night who`s Mom had gone to school with him,

and said that old vick was a real hell raiser back then.

According to locals, he was kicked outta his church for fooling around with his secretary.

He took his family and left his infant behind for a mission trip to India...

I don`t think that says much for him as a parent.

His wife was reported by one greasespotter as saying immediatly after his funeral

that *he was a mean, mean man*.

Add the allegations of sexual misconduct, his alcohol abuse,

his notorious tempertantrums, his lack of judgement in chosing his successor...

I guess that I just don`t think very highly of him.....a wolf in sheep`s clothing comes to mind.

I agree with dmiller...where would you start? Let's see...<BR><BR>

Victor Paul Wierwille was a self serving sexual predator who,

after stealing the writings of numerous Christian authors

and claiming to have written them himself,

began several indoctrination programs

in order to establish a large cash flow operation

that would not only make him rich...

but also bring the adoration of all those young people

that he indoctrinated into believing that he was a "great man of God".

In reality he was a cult leader whose "biblical research"

was considered sophmoric at best by most biblical scholars.

He was extremely dishonest as he continually fed lies concerning himself

to his glassy eyed followers.

He died a broken man, of a disease

that he had earlier claimed was caused by "demonic possesion".

His "lifetime biblical work" was buried with him by his own hand chosen successor.

"what would you want to make sure they knew about him?"

the main thing i would tell them is i went to him for

counseling (at 18 yrs) about having been sexually abused as a girl.

he told me God's will was for me to get healed by having sex with him

there's more but that's the gist

Many Weirwille loyalists wind up using the "you are speaking ill of the dead"

defense in an effort to silence critics of VPW and the early Way

which many of those same loyalists feel to be the "good ole days".

I find it incredibly odd that way leaders and the more "dedicated" follwers

were entirely comfortable commenting negatively ,in public meetings,

on someone who died

("their believing wasn't strong enough", "The were out of fellowship",

"the let satan in through the hedge of protection")

yet its somehow profoundly insulting if people wish to talk about the problems

(and there were many) of VPW.

double standard isn't it ?

It wasn't until *after* VPW's death that many people became aware

of the cancer,

sexual impropriety,

and plagiarism

so its not like people even had a chance to clear this up

since he had already passed.

Yet the weirwille preservationist wishes to deny these people

the right to ask questions on the basis that it is rude to speak ill of the dead.

Nice trick isn't it ? well no not really. It really stinks.

Even while vpw was alive he wasn't open

about the nature of his illness

or what took place in the back of the motorcoach.

He wouldn't engage biblical scholars in discussions

(except perhaps in the early days in order to co-opt their knowledge),

nor did he volunteer his alleged "expertise" in the holy spirit field

to help "outsiders" or even the local community in which he lived.

TWI was always a closed shop to outsiders.

The point is that engaging vpw in a debate

or asking him to explain things in great detail was an impossible task.

He wouldn't do these things nor would his suck up yes men even allow it.

So given all this it makes total sense that it was only after vpw's death

that one could even begin to conduct anything close to

a reasonable analysis of VPW's works (such as they were) and impact on twi.

"If it weren't for Victor Paul Wierwille, with all his human shortcomings,

most of us would not know enough about the Bible

to argue with or refute his teachings. No man is all good or all bad."

"My God is not that small.

If it weren't for Victor Paul Wierwille,

my God would have found another way to show me the things I've learned."

TF, to quote vpw,

"If my God was as small as your God, I'd get me a new God."

You tell me what you think of victor paul wierwille,

and I'll tell you how far you have come in your cult recovery...

I would say read Karl Kahler's book 'The Cult that Snapped.'

Also The Wierwille family,

starting with old Papa Ernest was disfunctional,

He being an alcoholic and spouse/child abuser to

Emma, Ruben, Otto, Harry, Sevillia, Lydia, and Victor.

The last having his father's bad temper, causing him to hide in the nearby woods

out of fear(not a protestant t. Francis of Assisi in Whiteside's book).

Dear TF,

I can be tolerant of you and your beliefs,

but I hope you don't mind if I disagree with you on this one.<BR><BR>

The "we all sin" argument comes up from time to time.

Sure, we all sin -- but Wierwille lived in sin, it was habitual and ingrained. <BR><BR>

Adultery? He pursued the young women he wanted to molest.

He sometimes used others to procure these women for him.

He made it a habit to stay in his motorcoach at Headquarters

so that he could freely carry out his indiscretions under the nose of his wife.

People who protested were often maligned and kicked out.<BR><BR>

Drunkenness? His drinking was legendary.<BR><BR>

Lying? He invented the hook shot, could've been an executive at A. B. Dick,

a Doctor of Theology, snow on the gaspumps.<BR><BR>

Stealing? Plagiarism, slave labor,

using ministry money for his personal "needs" while requiring

everyone else to sacrifice all but bare subsistence.<BR><BR>

Even the Bible that Wierwille held to be The Word of God

says that he was not qualified to be a leader of the church, because of his sins.

Not because he was human like the rest of us, but because he was inhuman.

See, even God doesn't look upon every sin the same.

That was another of Wierwille's lies.

Regards,

Shaz

Vic Wierwille was an extremely insecure man.

He desperatly needed to be the center of attention and to be adored by all...he craved this.

In fact, Wierwille literally fabricated incredible stories,

to make himself, not only look good...but to look "God-like".

He had a lot of people conned into thinking that he was not only an apostle,

but the GREATEST apostle since Paul of Tarsus.

Being in his presense was the greatest priviledge of your otherwise, sorry foot life.

To hear him speak...oh, how we hung on his every word...

and he loved every minute of it. He ate it up like grandma's meatloaf.<BR><BR>

The truth of the matter is that Wierwille was a self serving egomaniac with delusions of grandeur.

He was dishonest, uncaring, and dangerous.

The gulf between what Wierwiile wanted people to believe about him...

and the truth of who he really was...is MASSIVE. icon_eek.gif<!--graemlin::eek:-->

Perhaps that is one reason that folks have a difficult time with hearing about the real wierwille.

It's difficult to go from "greatest apostle in 2000 years"

to "sexual predator and lying bastard" without some sort of "emotional short circuiting".

People don't want to believe it...they rationalize...

"he was a good teacher, he taught me lots of bible stuff,

we all had a good time at the nightowl, etc, etc, etc.

They become offended at the harshness displayed towards wierwille...

Well, IMHO, anything of value that you got out of your twi experience

had very little, if anything to do with vpw.

Bottom line...he lied in God's name and used people for his own self gratification.

As long as people continue to worship vic the mog,

they will continue to be mentally captivated within wayworld.

Recognizing wierwille for what he was, is a huge step in recovery.

Much of what we know today about VPW wasn't known during his reign

as prez of TWI and even until after his death.

And even until the creation of WayDale and GS Cafe !

During that time not much was revealed about the sources of his books,

why he chose to self-publish, his education,

and associated past with other key figures in Way history.

In fact he enjoyed an exalted status during his hey dey

and the phrase "when we were kings" comes to mind

when thinking of VPW's lifestyle during the 70s. <BR><BR>

After his death details started to emerge and only later

did some of us learn about the true nature of his death

(which was deliberately not disclosed).

This led to more examination which led to more questions

and only after a very long while did we start to get a more accurate picture

of VPW and some of the problems he had had all along.<BR> <BR>

So its only after his death that a reasonable examination of his life

could begin because he was untouchable during the glory day.

I distinctly recall being given the evil eye of reproof

for asking questions about his PhD work.

This was round 76 and no one and I mean NO ONE

could question the (alleged) integrity of

"Doctor Victor Paul Weirwille, The Teacher" and expect to be welcomed to Twig.

Some people want to remember VPW as a hot shot while others prefer the reality.

Sure some get deep into the details that were kept secret

and stay there which I don't think is so bad.

Those so called "glory days" were whitewashed

and we now know that which is why many are not pleased

with those who would represent VPW as just

"a human with the normal problems".

VPW knew what he was doing and knew he was being given adulation

and was taking advantage of it...

He could have stopped the madness and not abused the trust

people placed in him. But he did abuse this trust.<BR><BR>

I recall once VPW teaching about those Corps and

dedicated minsitry people who had been charged to minister to people

and how serious a commitment it was for them

to not betray the trust of those newcomers to the word:<BR><BR>

MAtt. 18:6

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me,

it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck,

and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.<BR><BR><BR>

VPw said that this was the fate of those in TWI (primarily the ordained)

who took advantage of the trust.

By his own standard its clear that he felt that those in a positon of authority

were held to a much higher standard.

You cannot let VPW off the hook with the "oh he was just a man" think.

It doesn't fly - not even by his own teachings. <BR><BR>

Interestingly this same verse was later used under LCM

to apply to those seeking a departure from TWI.

This verse was used to keep people from leaving

and was something of a precursor to the infamous greasespot by midnight remark.

You ask my opinion of who was VPW:

· A Corn Wizard

· A Hierophant of TWI’s Hermetic ‘Mystery’

· A master of homiletics with oratorical skills in naturalistic trance induction

· A Thief, who had no qualms regarding stealing, ‘killing,’ & destroying

· An ultimate con man with sophisticated techniques of exploitation

· A masterful deceiver with a counterfeit ‘ministry’

· A wanton parasite of genuine love & pure-heartedness

· Our Father, beneath the fountain, sallowed is his unholy name.

:rolleyes:

Wordwolf:

Thanks for compiling these quotes. Years after leaving twi, adjusting to real life again, finding a church I'm comfortable with, I still find myself benefitting from the discussion here. I remain friends/acquaintances with former twi folks - - some of whom choose no formal church involvement, some who do the offshoot thing, some who are happy with their christian church or other form of spiritual participation - - and from time to time one of them inevitably puts on the rose colored glasses about ol' vp.

To read a compilation of info that was only discovered (via the Internet) following his death and the near-death of his organization, must be quite mentally jarring for the first-time readers - - as it still provokes thoughtful consideration in my mind after multiple readings and participation here at GSC.

I can't help but reiterate the following:

1. From Shaz:

Even the Bible that Wierwille held to be The Word of God

says that he was not qualified to be a leader of the church, because of his sins.

Not because he was human like the rest of us, but because he was inhuman.

See, even God doesn't look upon every sin the same.

2. From Rascal:
The *TRUE gospel of Jesus Christ* as you termed it wth, as I see it, was simply the candy that the pervert used to lure the children into his car.

Yeah sure the candy looked tasty, that is why a predator utilizes it to lure a naieve child to them.

The child focuses on the brightly wrapped goody and is unaware untill too late of the impending doom.

3. From GrouchoMarxJr.:

He was dishonest, uncaring, and dangerous.

The gulf between what Wierwiile wanted people to believe about him...

and the truth of who he really was...is MASSIVE....

Perhaps that is one reason that folks have a difficult time with hearing about the real wierwille.

It's difficult to go from "greatest apostle in 2000 years"

to "sexual predator and lying bastard" without some sort of "emotional short circuiting".

People don't want to believe it...they rationalize...

"he was a good teacher, he taught me lots of bible stuff,

we all had a good time at the nightowl, etc, etc, etc.

They become offended at the harshness displayed towards wierwille...

Well, IMHO, anything of value that you got out of your twi experience

had very little, if anything to do with vpw.

Bottom line...he lied in God's name and used people for his own self gratification.

As long as people continue to worship vic the mog,

they will continue to be mentally captivated within wayworld.

Recognizing wierwille for what he was, is a huge step in recovery.

Makes me so thankful to have discovered this place.

J.

Edited by jardinero