• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
WordWolf

quote:

Originally posted by oldiesman:

If it weren't for Dr. Wierwille I wouldn't be chatting with lovely folks on Greasespot Cafe.

That's ANOTHER crime to lay to his account!

I wish I could be as diplomatically disarming as you WordWolf, but are there some smilie faces I can use with a lotta one finger birds? ~~~ whoops i meant "one winged"~~~

angelkit.gif

Realizing I'm biased, I do have to agree with my dear friend, Bob redface.gif:o--> :

quote:
If it weren't for Vee Pee, I wouldn't have to know as much about the Bible as I do in order to refute the crap he suckered me into. ... It would be much more productive learning something worthwhile than spending so much time with a plunger trying to get his "load" to go where it belongs.

I've had to study harder, learn more and spend more time trying to figure out what's baby and what's bathwater thanks to that nincompoop! I used to think God was using TWI because it was the best He had to teach me about Him, but now I think it was the debbil keeping me away from learning things I ought to be learning.

Sorry, ToadFriend, I respectfully disagree. I do hope you stay out of lurkdom, but can appreciate that we don't all always agree on here. Sometimes we have to agree to disagree. You think vee pee did something good for you, I think he did bad to all of us. I certainly don't think God Almighty sent him.

Even in over twenty years.. if somebody asked me "who is VP" I would probably still have to say "I have no idea"- the only thing I knew about him was his public persona. He sure could put on a good show- of course that really says nothing about the true character of an individual.

I learned about his true character here.

I found myself in the same predicament as you Belle- I threw everything out, at least mentally- believing, stuff about manifestations, everything- still refuse to read his stuff. Slowly, I find myself picking SOME of the stuff back up.

There's a few reasons for this thread.

The first one is so that new arrivals can see it.

The second was so I could get a cross-section of things, and see

what people thought would be vital to include, were they writing

a thumbnail sketch of the guy.

quote:
The second was so I could get a cross-section of things, and see

what people thought would be vital to include, were they writing

a thumbnail sketch of the guy.

Well seeing as you want a cross section of things vital, here's my two cents about some positives:

I thought VP was a great teacher who motivated thousands to love God and his Word. Glad he did that.

Glad he was around to teach PFAL, and I thought several teaching points were superb, albeit controversial especially at one time, among them: salvation by grace, not works; speaking in tongues; born again of incorruptible seed; Jesus Christ is the Messiah; dead are dead, not alive; Christ in you, the hope of glory; God is God of love, mercy and forgiveness, not hate, wrath and revenge. There's probably more goodies.

Glad he took a stand on those things.

Glad he founded a ministry that at one time had a decent amount of real love to make it a pleasure to associate with.

36_3_16.gif

Come on now, VP usually reserved the privelege of *dropping one`s pants* exclusivly for our poor sisters.

For guys it usually held a more figurative meaning, but could still be considered quite destructive as well....then again I suppose there were those rare individuals of either sex that claim to have actually *liked* being screwed.

Hey as long as somebody had the pleasure of association with ole vp`s ministry...that makes the devistaion all worth while....no?

He was-

Bob has experienced your posts before.

Besides, my INITIAL post asked for your opinion and what you thought was

vital-no need to quote my restating it and start over.

Your previous posts seemed to indicate you understood the request and

responded accordingly.

I thought you deliberately chose not to tubthump this time out of politeness.

Well, you showed me.

quote:

Well, you showed me.

Wordwolf, it seems your definition of politeness is me keeping my mouth shut and going away. That's not the way this website is suppose to work, or so I thought.

It seems Toadfriend wants to lurk now, because some just won't tolerate any meaningful discussion about VPW, which also would perhaps include some of his positives. Seems all that matters to some of you are his sins.

Wordwolf, you really don't want a cross section of how folks feel, do you? If you did, you wouldve just let my post speak for itself.

But like Toadfriend I'll depart from this thread now and let you folks have your hate VP party.

4_14_202.gif

Toad friend is the one who picked up her marbles and went home because she couldn`t tolerate meaningfull discussion......

If you don`t like this party, you could always start a new thread for a *love fest* for ol vp, lol....No doubt there are plenty of vp lovers that are willing to participate.

LOL!

A thread where every post is by OM, praising old doc vic, always renewing his mind to rid it of the negatives spoken of him here.

No, he never ripped of everything and claimed it as his own. No, he never abused women, took advantage of them. No, he never was a power hungry monster. No, he wasn't an alcoholic. Hell, he never smoked and latter died of cancer. No, he's a saint and we must continue his legacy...

quote:
Originally posted by oldiesman:

quote:

Well, you showed me.

Wordwolf, it seems your definition of politeness is me keeping my mouth shut and going away. That's not the way this website is suppose to work, or so I thought.

Wordwolf, you really don't want a cross section of how folks feel, do you? If you did, you wouldve just let my post speak for itself.

No,

I thought that you decided that the rest of us could be spared the repetitive nature of your

one issue ("vpw was a nice guy, all of you who disagree are evil"), and decided all by

yourself to limit your involvement in this discussion.

If I'd WANTED a private discussion, I could have made a private topic.

I DID let your posts speak for themselves.

Your second one suggested it was only later in the thread I asked for what you thought

was important.

Bob totally disagreed with you.

You said Bob wasn't qualified to speak of your post-only of his own "experience".

My next post responded to both.

Besides,

if you review the opening post of this thread, you'll see I carefully phrased it in a

neutral manner. I did not ask for only one position.

quote:
Feeling inquisitive tonight?

I also thought it might be handy to have a list like this in case someone

ever sat down and wrote a bio on him for the main site.

It would help new arrivals figure out why twi was so messed up.

ahahahhahaa 10-4 WordWolf~~~ i'm back to square one~~~

My next question is, "Who purchased The Ambassador One?"