GreaseSpot Cafe

PFAL vs. WayAP: Comparing "Foundational" Classes

Oakspear

I can just picture it -

loyboy, rozilla and whoever meeting in a room after wayap runs at least once in every region -

loyboy says, "Are they still here? Oh my God, they'll believe *anything*!"

rozilla answers, "Now what are we gonna do? How do we get these people to leave?"

loyboy responds, "I know! Let's start browbeating and micromanaging these people - THAT will get them to finally go!"

quote:
Can anyone who's sat through Geer's class give us a comparison between that class and PFAL ?

I'm interested in the answer. Also interested in whether and how you stood awake through it.

I did like his series, "Principles for Victorious Christian Living."

quote:
Originally posted by JustThinking:

...I kept writing down question after question for my LC. At first the response was "it's new material, work it and you'll get it." Later, my questions just got ignored. Finally, it was obvious that there was NO interest in even trying to pretend that this c**p made any sense...

I sat there scratching my head through large sections of it. Usually the "answers" to any questions were merely quotes from WayAP thrown back at you, or a look that said "what? you don't get it?"

John Reynolds told me to ask my region coordinator, TH, my questions, since he would be "working the word" in preparation for teaching WayAP live. TH's response was that he didn't need to work the word: if the class was good enough for the Trustees, who approved it's use, it was good enough for him. His specific response to my analysis of Martindale's teaching on the original sin of mankind was that even if Martindale's teaching couldn't be backed up by specific scripture, "it must be right, because of what we know about homosexuality".

Oh yeah, another thing: I recall us being directed to call WayAP "The Way Class" if we didn't use the full title - I guess too many people were calling it WAP (pronounced whapp)

I never took Chris Geer's class...( he always made my skin crawl )...but I did get my hands on the "book version" of his class, "Walking in God's Power"...Geer never strays from Wierwille's doctrine. His class is almost an exact duplicate of pfal.

Geer was a bus driving pimp with delusions of grandeur. Unlike Martindale, Geer felt no need to "come up with something of his own"...rather, he played the role of the "faithful martyr who dedicated himself to preserving the works of his father in the word"...

Geer's public teaching abilities were marginal at best...he always did his best work in the "back room".

Yeah, like I said, LCM didn't put his class together with any outreach in mind; he wanted to separate the people who would believe ANYTHING he said. Then he kept whittling it down further and further...no debt, no "homos" (anybody he thought was weird in any way) and so on and now the only people still there are solvent yes men and women. How fitting that he got marked and avoided himself.