GreaseSpot Cafe

Too stupid to have kids...or dogs

Ron G.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/12/fataldog....g.ap/index.html

Imagine anyone stupid enough to lock her kid in the basement to pritect him from her dog instead of locking up the dog or killing it.

When she comes home, the kid is dead, and she say's "it was his time to go".

I used to live and work in that SF, Davis to Sac area, and this sort of thing is probably typical of the mentality there. Those who think liberalism is a mental disorder are correct.

I hope this woman goes to prison for a very long time.

quote:
Originally posted by Ron G.:

Those who think liberalism is a mental disorder are correct.

huh? how does this mentally ill libertarian/ repulsican lie fit into this story?

for the record, I also hope she sits in jail for a long time.

HAP

In 20/20 hindsight, the mother now wants the violent dog put down.

A TRUE knee-jerk liberal would NEVER say that.

They would say the dog was following his nature and was right to kill

the little boy. They'd say the dog has MORE right to be here than

the little boy.

Thankfully, there are relatively few true knee-jerk liberals.

So, I say the political cheap-shot was not justified by the story.

(I'm a moderate and distrust BOTH sides equally.)

Agreed on the cheap shot. I live *in* the corridor that you mentioned and I've found that the greenbelt soccer-mom liberals tend to have the best trained and best mannered dogs of any group of people I've lived with with. And I'm not one of them.

quote:
Those who think liberalism is a mental disorder are correct.

Wow great scientific research, I'm impressed.

One news article, idiot is from san Francisco area = liberalism is a mental illness.

Thanks for sharing your method.

I don't think that your insight will quite pass through the scientific criteria to make it into the next DSM, although the logic and depth of thought could qualify for it to go into the quotes of the American taliban thread

in my experience, I have run into many liberal people who elevate animals over humans.

I am mostly experienced with the finatics from New Mexico.

While I am not quite as conservative as our friend Arkie, and I tend to dote on animals and am for the human society...I am against people who elevate animals above humans...MOST DEFINATELY

Lianne

How could you leave your child, or any child, home with two dogs when you are scared that one might harm your child? Stay in the basement while I run errands???? Errands were so important and secret that she HAD to go and couldn't take him with her?

quote:
"I put him down there, with a shovel on the door," Faibish said in an interview with the San Francisco Chronicle. "And I told him: 'Stay down there until I come back.' Typical Nicky, he wouldn't listen to me."

I hope she doesn't have any other kids!

gc

Well Daddy Im generally against morons that endanger other peoples lives be they conservative , liberal, green or striped.

I don't know too many liberals who keep attack pitbulls, let alone two, in a house with children.

The characterization and giant leap in conclusion because she happened to live in California was devoid of any sound reasoning...

To give the dogs prority over the kid by locking the kid in the basement...errands over the kid....then just say "it was his time to go" speaks very loudly of a Cali attitude that is terribly sickening and quite pervasive.

quote:
"it was his time to go" speaks very loudly of a Cali attitude that is terribly sickening and quite pervasive.

Its not a California attitude --it's hersick attitude.

"it was his time to go" could just as well mean she is one of those "everything is God's Will" type of Christians, shouldn't you put a blanket dismissal and mental health warning on all christians while you're at it condemning whole sections of the populace for no viable reason?

Chef asks..

quote:
if that story is true, then true justice should be to lock her in the caller with 4 hungry pit bulls. i know this may start some controversery.. but why would anyone ANYONE. want an animal like that?? guns are cheaper and you don't have to feed or pick up after them.

Cali has the most repressive gun laws in the USA. Remember the children who were murdered in their home by some crazy guy with a pichfork? The kids had to die cuz the parents followed Cali gun laws properly.

IMHO pitbulls are good only for target practice. I had to "put down" a stray that looked to be at least part pitbull a couple of years ago that was marauding my animals and made the mistake of making himself a target while looking at my son and growling.

If you have an auto or semi auto, you do have to pick up after it. 15 rounds (made damn sure it was dead) from my semi auto rifle and one pitbull carcass and I had a lot of pickin up to do.

I guess there is kill, and then there is overkill.

Actually, pitbulls can be very warm, friendly dogs. Although, they can be bred and trained or abused into being very vicious. I think the evil leftist media had a hand in the now pervasive perception that all pitbulls are mean and dnagerous. Good thing lying liberals are the only ones affected by THE media.

As to what should happen to this mom...I think she should be tried for involentary manslaughter and negligence and maybe a few other things.

Just what I needed to read on a beautiful Monday afternoon.

I have a strong opinion of dog ownership.

Oh don't worry it won't bite. I say, well if it has teeth it can bite.

Pure breeds are bred to do what their breed does. Pit Bulls are bred to fight. Dobies, German Shepherds, etc are all bred to fight, to attack.

A Sheltie is bred for herding and their natural instinct is to herd. NATURAL!!! Even without training a Sheltie will instinctively herd.

Ownership of these attack bred dogs, no matter how sweet the animal is, should be licensed to those able to handle such a breed. Like you know the Police, Military, Security, duh huh.

I was performing a termite damage repair job in Orlando. Met the homeowner at the back of his home to assess the damage repair. There by his side was this dog.

A black dog.

A huge creature.

Thirty four inches high to its shoulders.

Paws as big as a large man's hand with claws at least AN inche in curled length.

It's head the freaking size of Godzilla.

It weighed every bit 120+++ solid pounds. A freaking huge Bastard!!!

I stood as still as ice.

"Oh, you're okay. He won't bother you as long as I am here."

I had yet to say a damn thing much less breath.

The client reached out his hand to me. I engaged my hand for the shake keeping my eyes on this Beast.

We exchanged good afternoons and the Beast snuggled up to my crotch with his head which btw was as large as my waist.

"ahh, he's just checking you out."

I could not believe I was being subjected to such an experience as if the home owner was enjoying my withheld instinct of cold fear.

The Beast raised its nostril head and peered into my eyes. Oh yeah, the damn thing was intelligent. It turned aside and leaned on my leg and pushed me twice.

I requested the Home owner to secure his "pet".

He did.

"What kind of dog is that?"

"Oh, it's a Rodesian Ridgeback."

***Animal aggression. Rhodesian Ridgebacks are hunting dogs. Many Ridgebacks are dominant or aggressive toward other dogs of the same sex. Some have strong instincts to chase and seize cats and other fleeing creatures. If anything goes wrong in the breeding, socializing, training, handling, or management of this breed, it is capable of seriously injuring or killing other animals.

***The strong temperament. Rhodesian Ridgebacks are not Golden Retrievers. They have an independent mind of their own and are not pushovers to raise and train. Some Rhodesian Ridgebacks are willful, obstinate, and dominant (they want to be the boss) and will make you prove that you can make them do things. You must show them, through absolute consistency, that you mean what you say.

***Frankly, most Rhodesian Ridgebacks are "too much dog" for the average household. Very few people really have the knowledge or skills to manage this breed, or to provide the activities that keep him satisfied.

***This unique breed appeared because the European settlers needed a multi-purpose dog to hunt lions, to guard the farms and to be a family companion, which is safe with children.

A FREAKING LION HUNTER!!! I ask You~~~ What purpose does such a beautiful animal serve to hang out in a house in a residential neighborhood???!!!

For crying OUTLOUD ATTACK dog owners~~~ have ya ever heard of a pack of Chiwahwahs mauling children, or poodles, or shelties, or beagles etc???

Jeesh you guys who own these type of attack dogs better know in depth their nature and train them in full scale obedience.

OKAY OKAY OKAY forgive me i sed enuf~~~

EXCUSE me song, but I must take issue (speaking as the owner of multiple sheps).... German shepherds are NOT bred to attack, but were always bred to be herding dogs...they are shown in the herding groups (not working group as are the rotties and dobies) at the dog shows...

I have had many sheps in the last 20 years as I have simultaniously raised 7 children and have yet to have an incident of biting of family OR untoward agression to strangers :-)

(I had one acception in over twenty dogs that was clearly mentally unbalanced from puppy hood and needed to be destroyed)

My family all have sheps as well and ditto their experience....please don`t place them in the same catagory with pit bulls and the like :-)

It wasn`t one of the four sheps I owned at the time that bit and broke my young sons arm, but a bouvier de Flanders....

Ya wanna talk about viscious breeds? My sons toy rat terrier has bitten us, the shepherds, and strangers visciously numerous times....lol,

As far as that stupid bi*ch that was able to dismiss her criminal negligence and abysmal foolishness simply as her sons *time to go* in order to absolve herself of her damnable guilt.....I hold her entirely responsible....damn her, she oughtta be put to death ... she KNEW that those dogs were dangerous....poor kid.