GreaseSpot Cafe

Evan watch....

Cynic

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He lives 5 or 6 miles from my house. I have a call in for him. lot of tress down here. i would think he is fine. no cable no electricty. can't get up on the web. a sea of people in need. lot of work just to help yourself much less anyone else. No gas for your cars. hard to get around. And Baton Rouge did good compared. We have 400,000 new citzens. it took me 2 hours to go 3 miles today. Walking would of been faster. Food and nescesties will get shorter with the influx of all the people.

No ice.

My house is blessed.

Thanks, Danny. Yes, mere survival becomes of utmost importance and focus afterwards. Especially if you have a family you're trying to protect and care for. It is good to know that your area is okay in the relative scheme of things and that people are safe.

Danny:

I just heard on the news that LSU in Baton Rouge is also going to be getting an influx of refugees, like Houston, in the next few days. LSU will be used for temporary housing, etc., so I'm sure your residents there will be feeling the squeeze in the days and weeks to come, Danny.

Praying for your family and Evan's and your city's ability to respond.

J.

We're fine, though our lives have turned upside down.

My sis-in-law lost her house we assume. It backs up to the 17th St. canal right where the original levee break was. She's moving in with us. We have others here as well. Like many others here.

We're having a real estate rush here. It's crazy, crowded, feverish. Time to adjust. school starts back up today.

quote:
Originally posted by TheEvan:

My sis-in-law lost her house we assume. It backs up to the 17th St. canal right where the original levee break was.

Glad you are safe Evan ... I had four friends with houses in that neighborhood. I was thinking they may be able to rebuild with at least the framing surviving, and maybe the wiring. Maybe even the ceilings if the water didn't get there. I'd seen repairs like that before in 4' flooding.

quote:
"We're having a real estate rush here. It's crazy, crowded, feverish. Time to adjust."

I hadn't thought about that. I guess surviving homes may be worth more now, though hard to say with the job market so messed up for a year or more. But with construction and clean-up, who knows?

Any word on Julie (used to be Lawrence)? She used to be in Metairie, which stayed a little dryer.

Edited by Pawtucket