GreaseSpot Cafe

Mrs. Weirwille's funeral

gladtobeout

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
As to who was there.The children had this service at a location where ANYONE AND EVERYONE who so desired to come would be and was more than welcome Regardless of who you were where you had been or what you had done To me it was an example of God's Amazing Grace.

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing that. Were there people from HQ there also? I am just wondering since they probably had their own recognition service for her.

This sure seemed different than what happened when Don W passed away. His brothers and sisters had to play according to twi's terms. But that was because Wanda was his wife, and she did whatever the BOD wanted her to do.

ChattyKathy and Ted:

I suppose you are right. This funeral had to stand for grace. It was the one thing that was missing ever since VPW passed and perhaps sometime prior to that. But Dorothea never, and I mean never...sank to the levels of the legalism inherent in the organization during LCM's term of office.

Perhaps, if LCM did indeed show up, Mrs. Wierwille would have wanted it this way. Me, had I done the things he had done, I still would have made the family a little more comfortable by not showing. I know he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. But I don't know what to say about the man who put himself in the position.

However, on Mrs. Wierwille's day, I have to respect the idea that all differences are put aside and we are brothers and sisters in Christ for that occasion. I just wish we could make it more permanant and a good healing by forgiving everyone including LCM.

I don't really have that much of a dog in this fight, but one thing to recognize is that people can become repentant. They can recognize the error of their ways and feel some sort of sorrow.

I would be very interested to know if ANYBODY interacted with him what his attitude was in that interaction. Because from what I've read here, it appears that he quietly snuck in the back, paid his respects to Mrs. Weirwille, and left quietly. To me that sounds like the mark of a humble person who felt compelled to do the right thing, not the mark of a person who was unrepentant.

FWIW

Ted,

YOU DO NOT WANT ME AS PREZ...believe you me! confused.gif

Did you see the mess I made on the nostalgia thread yesterday? There's proof right there that me as prez is a VERY bad idea. nono5.gif

Ok...hmmmm.... verses...

The Club Of Confusion

Verse One

Pardon us for the intrusion

But we are in a state of delusion

I often feel my life's an allusion

Until I see ... it's just my confusion confused.gif

(I always sucked at poetry...sorry Ted icon_frown.gif:(-->)

To Ted, John Paul, Sara and Kevin, Rhoda, Karen and Jim, John and Ruth, and John Lynn: Thank you for allowing me the privilige of Attending the memorial service and seeing some old friends. No, Craig was not there though someone else with thinning hair did attend whom I did not recognize might have been mistaken for LCM. The service was mostly under CFF co-operation. Is Walter J. Cummings still alive and how is his health? Ted, I know this is not the appropiate thread, but where is Brian Bliss and Stevie kay these days? Thomas

Ted,

I thought of that very thing myself...the part about this not being the appropriate thread to start something like this.

Will try to come up with a title for the thread.

I am still in wonder tho' whom Gladtobeout actually saw? Maybe it was LCM. Maybe Gladtobeout just happen to see him, as he may have been trying to lie very low???

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?????????????

I read this thread a few hours ago, and then bustled around, getting ready to go to sleep.

Can't sleep; have to say this.

Let's just say that there was somebody (anybody, really) there who was noticed and ostracized. For whatever reason. If another person noticed this going on, and took the time to go over and sit with the ostracized one, to make him or her feel comfortable and welcome, who would that second person remind you of?

Yup. It would have been an extremely fitting memorial to Mrs. Weirwille.

It might indicate that we picked up some of what she taught us.

Goodnight, ya'll.

I could be wrong but our entire table plus others saw what we thought was him and his voice sounded like his. This person looked like him although a little heavier since I last saw him. He sat in back and kept a low profile.

Please all forgive me if I'm wrong. I saw him and thought it was him and then went to the table and everyone was talking about it, so I thought that confirmed it. I didn't mean to cause trouble, but only to show how Christ-like everyone behaved. I would be shocked to find out that it wasn't him. I'm just very thankful that God was magnified and Mrs. Wierwille was fondly remembered.. I guess I shouldn't have even mentioned who was in attendance. I'm sorry. icon_frown.gif:(-->

quote:
Originally posted by gladtobeout:

I could be wrong but our entire table plus others saw what we thought was him and his voice sounded like his. This person looked like him although a little heavier since I last saw him. He sat in back and kept a low profile.

Please all forgive me if I'm wrong. I saw him and thought it was him and then went to the table and everyone was talking about it, so I thought that confirmed it. I didn't mean to cause trouble, but only to show how Christ-like everyone behaved. I would be shocked to find out that it wasn't him. I'm just very thankful that God was magnified and Mrs. Wierwille was fondly remembered.. I guess I shouldn't have even mentioned who was in attendance. I'm sorry. icon_frown.gif:(-->

As much as I respect the folks who didn't see him, especially Doug's attention to detail I'm still not convinced and I can't tell you why, it's just a gut thing.

Sorry Oakspear, guess you'll have to suffer a bit longer, gawd knows it won't be new to you or certainly never has been to me. But ya know what, sufficient enough is this site with folks who retain the burn, it'll be back to normal in a second no doubt.

As for you RFR, well I promised an old friend that I'd not get into it with you but I almost hope when you face your maker that He withdraws His grace and mercy for 15 seconds and lets you taste your labor's worth! Almost I said because no matter my failings I'd still not want that for your life. Which means with all my faults you can't even fill my flip-flops lady!

quote:
Originally posted by ChattyKathy:

Sorry Oakspear, guess you'll have to suffer a bit longer, gawd knows it won't be new to you or certainly never has been to me. But ya know what, sufficient enough is this site with folks who retain the burn, it'll be back to normal in a second no doubt.

Huh? icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

She meant some people haven't gotten this out of their system yet,

Oakspear, so you'll have to wait until they do.

gladtobeout,

I appreciated the information. To me, it was worth passing along, and not worth

continuing to discuss once it had been passed along. So, for all I care, this

is a closed subject. For all some OTHER people care, this is NOT.

So, I will have to wait this out as well.

Perhaps some people will benefit from getting this out of their systems.