GreaseSpot Cafe

Mrs W is mentioned on the twi site.

dmiller

Looks like the eternal Fountain of Leaving Wayfers will be temporarily open for the payment of respects.

I notice the "bio" left out the part where the "Ministry" had black-listed Mrs. Wierwille's family during her declining years, depriving her of their company, and later, sent her packing, leaving the ailing Mrs. and her surviving children to their own devices, while Mrs. Rivenbark and her toadies lived (and continue to live) fat and happy on the property Dorothea's husband had given to the Ministry.

Who can blame them for the omission? I'd be profoundly ashamed too.

Oh wait. They don't experience shame. Well, any sociopath knows a bad PR move when she sees it. Right Rosalie?

quote:
Originally posted by satori001:

Looks like the eternal Fountain of Leaving Wayfers will be temporarily open for the payment of respects.

I notice the "bio" left out the part where the "Ministry" had black-listed Mrs. Wierwille's family during her declining years, depriving her of their company, and later, sent her packing, leaving the ailing Mrs. and her surviving children to their own devices, while Mrs. Rivenbark and her toadies lived (and continue to live) fat and happy on the property Dorothea's husband had given to the Ministry.

Who can blame them for the omission? I'd be profoundly ashamed too.

Oh wait. They don't experience shame. Well, any sociopath knows a bad PR move when she sees it. Right Rosalie?

Actually, I was under the impression that the Kipp farm (her PERSONAL

inheritance) had already been sold off.

Am I wrong?

So I wonder who they have moved into the Wierwille's ancestral homestead? I'm sure they wasted no time doing it just as soon as she was packed off to the nursing home.

That place belongs in principle to the Wierwille children, regardless of what TWI has written on a piece of paper.

I don't know Catcup...the "ancestral home" goes back about 150 years, but it wasn't the present TWI leaders who yanked it out from under the Wierwille family, it was their ancestors themselves: Reuben and Charles (Otto's son) who sold their portion to Vic & Harry who in turn deeded it to the brand spankin' new "The Way Incorporated".

quote:
That place belongs in principle to the Wierwille children, regardless of what TWI has written on a piece of paper.

"In principle" all the land and buildings belong to the Way International. Oakspear summed it up pretty well:

quote:
don't know Catcup...the "ancestral home" goes back about 150 years, but it wasn't the present TWI leaders who yanked it out from under the Wierwille family, it was their ancestors themselves: Reuben and Charles (Otto's son) who sold their portion to Vic & Harry who in turn deeded it to the brand spankin' new "The Way Incorporated".

Either the four owner's of the property didn't understand the law about corporations, or did, and felt it was the best way to proceed. No matter which, none of the Wierwille children are entitled to anything. To think other wise is incorrect.

quote:
If they treat them anything like Mrs. W, they won't be there. For long, anyway..

The Way has insisted it was the Wierwille family who had Mrs Wierwille placed in the nursing home and at no cost to them.

quote:
Despite your protestations to the contrary, it was a family decision to admit Mrs. Wierwille to the nursing home. The Way International had no input in the decision because it was (as it should be) a family matter. You know full well that your sister, and not Wanda, has the legal power to make the final decision affecting your mother’s health and financial matters. Without your sister’s authorization, your mother would not have been admitted to the Alzheimer’s care facility. For you to claim that your family never consented to what has happened is simply not true.

No one from the Wierwille family has disupted this claim. J.P. has leveled this and other charges against TWI, so he could counter them if he wanted to.

Even though TWI has hurt many people, accusing them of not taking care of Mrs Wierwille is unfounded. And to say the Wierwille children have some right "in principle" to the ancestral homestead is simply not accurate. If it were, if you purchased a piece of property, the seller's children could come forward and claim the property as theirs "in principle".

Edited by Stayed Too Long

quote:
Actually, I was under the impression that the Kipp farm (her PERSONAL

inheritance) had already been sold off.

Am I wrong?

It had been sold when twi was downsizing. They had sold all of the properties they had around the HQ area except for the farm on the corner of Highway 29 and Wierwille Road and of course the HQ area. I think it was around 1998 or 1999 when they sold all of those properties. That's when Don and Wanda's house was sold also, and they moved in to Mrs. W's house.

However, I think that twi had bought the Kipp farm. I don't think it had stuck around in her family all of those years.

quote:
Originally posted by Stayed Too Long:

quote:

quote:

"In principle" all the land and buildings belong to the Way International. Oakspear summed it up pretty well:

quote:
don't know Catcup...the "ancestral home" goes back about 150 years, but it wasn't the present TWI leaders who yanked it out from under the Wierwille family, it was their ancestors themselves: Reuben and Charles (Otto's son) who sold their portion to Vic & Harry who in turn deeded it to the brand spankin' new "The Way Incorporated".

Either the four owner's of the property didn't understand the law about corporations, or did, and felt it was the best way to proceed. No matter which, none of the Wierwille children are entitled to anything. To think other wise is incorrect.

I think it was meant that there's a moral principle involved that's separate from

the legal considerations. No one challenged the letter of the law. What one is REQUIRED

to do by LAW is not equal to what one's conscience bids one do because it is right.

quote:
If they treat them anything like Mrs. W, they won't be there. For long, anyway..

The Way has insisted it was the Wierwille family who had Mrs Wierwille placed in the nursing home and at no cost to them.

quote:
Despite your protestations to the contrary, it was a family decision to admit Mrs. Wierwille to the nursing home. The Way International had no input in the decision because it was (as it should be) a family matter. You know full well that your sister, and not Wanda, has the legal power to make the final decision affecting your mother’s health and financial matters. Without your sister’s authorization, your mother would not have been admitted to the Alzheimer’s care facility. For you to claim that your family never consented to what has happened is simply not true.

No one from the Wierwille family has disupted this claim. J.P. has leveled this and other charges against TWI, so he could counter them if he wanted to.

Even though TWI has hurt many people, accusing them of not taking care of Mrs Wierwille is unfounded. And to say the Wierwille children have some right "in principle" to the ancestral homestead is simply not accurate. If it were, if you purchased a piece of property, the seller's children could come forward and claim the property as theirs "in principle".

Forget what it was like in twi?

Even if a family member had full "power-of-attorney" and signed documents

kicking Mrs W from her house,

I find it beyond credible belief that twi didn't lean on the signator.

twi had a moral imperative to take care of Mrs W.

If they can find ways to have slave labour take care of Rosa-lie's house,

and justify annual board meetings in exotic locals while everyone else is on

vacations to exotic Dayton, then they could find a way to care for her.

Can they be sued for breach of promise for breaking their promise?

I doubt it.

Did they break their promises?

I think that's almost self-evident.

They were charged with taking care of her by vpw, Mr "greatest Christian since Paul".

They agreed.

quote:
Forget what it was like in twi?

Even if a family member had full "power-of-attorney" and signed documents

kicking Mrs W from her house,

I find it beyond credible belief that twi didn't lean on the signator.

Since Mrs Wierwille's children are/were no longer affiliated with TWI and hence do not live on grounds, what kinds of threats would have been appropriate, in your opinion, to "lean on the signator"?