GreaseSpot Cafe

Halloween

Sudo

Halloween now takes on an unusual meaning for me.

My Dad was a Jehovah's Witness for many years, and Halloween was his most HATED HOLIDAY...

It was quite a shock three years ago when he DIED on Halloween.

He passionately hated this holiday for vaious 'pagan' reasons.

Now I too share in his hate for Halloween..

Halloween is one of my favorites:

• families out and about, together.
  • Dads protecting their children.
  • Of course there used to me more princes and angels, knights in shining armor and warriors valiant for the truth.
  • The classics from Waydale/Greasespot archives, for example:
    Pumpkin2.jpg

Halloween is a big deal for our family. Kids had a party last night, Monday they will do a tour of Haunted houses in the area, and I will go to a little pagan/Wiccan open circle and party later that night. Monday is teacher parent conferences, so no school!

Top 10 reasons trick-or-treating is better than sex:

10) You are guaranteed to get at least a little something in the sack.

9) If you get tired, you can wait 10 minutes and go at it again.

8) The uglier you look, the easier it is to get some.

7) You don't have to compliment the person who gives you some.

6) It's O.K. when the person you're with fantasizes you're someone else, because you are.

5) Forty years from now you'll still enjoy candy.

4) If you don't like what you get, you can always go next door.

3) It doesn't matter if the kids hear you moaning and groaning.

2) Less guilt the morning after.

1) YOU CAN DO THE WHOLE NEIGHBORHOOD.

I've always loved Halloween - probably for obvious reasons. B) There's nothing like getting sugared up on cake and ice cream while dressed as your favorite character and THEN getting to go trick-or-treating with all your best friends every year. :P

During the TWIt years we were always discouraged from participating in Halloween (Bless and Treat, anyone?). We always seemed to have some sort of meeting or twig going on that night, too. Finally during my last few years when I was getting more and more obstinate, I'd start buying candy and telling my ex that I was not going anywhere, but would be staying home to hand out candy to the kids. :angry: I thoroughly enjoyed every doorbell ring!

This year I'll be hanging with some friends at their haunted house tonight. It'll be fun and I'll get to see all the kiddos having fun but not have to worry about Vixen getting all ballistic with the doorbell ringing constantly.

One of the guys at work had a costume party this week-end and there were some really good costumes there. The theme was the letter "D" so everyone had to dress as something beginning with "D" - the winning costume was Disney on Ice. The guy put Disney characters all over his shirt (front and back) - took an ice bucket and cut a hole in it so he could walk - had it around his waist. Filled it with fake ice and - voila - Disney on Ice. Cheesy

Another guy came dressed as a "bee" - everyone told him the theme was "D" and he said - "Oh, I thought they said "B" - boy am I DUMB! lol!

It was a gay party so of course there were lots of "Dorothy's" from the Wizard of Oz, Divas, Drama Queens and Drag Queens. Very Cool!! Sounds like it was a blast and I wish I could have made it to the party!

I always love a clever costume and this one is really cool --

This is the link to a website where a guy posts about how he went as an iPod for Halloween -

http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~jwinick/Halloween2004/

Now, here's the most pathetic site for costumes:

http://www.retrocrush.com/costumes/

TRUE STORY: See the Lavergn & Shirley costume, about half-way down the page on the above link? Well... that was me back in 1976 - I thought that was a cool costume... but then I was 6... What do you know at 6?

B)

Edited by ChasUFarley

Kristopher did pretty well this year - we just got back from his first real Trick-Or-Treat run. He was the red Power Ranger this year. Since we live in a very small town, we were able to get all the hot spots in about 30 mins. Then we did the friends and family run and that was it.

His favorite part?

Carrying the flashlight!

The baby was going to be Garfield - we got a really cute costume that I thought could double as a sleeper... Well, it seems bubble-butt outgrew it already! I couldn't zip it past his thighs... oh, well! I'll post pictures of the little guys later on - they still had a great time!

I dressed up in my alien costume (it's a good one, I used to use it at haunted houses) as opposed to the Raf costume I have on now... I sat really still for two hours! Only about 15 groups or so came by in that time.. but I scared every one of them... they thought I was fake... made 'em scream and laugh... it was fun, I like doing that..

Edited by Tom Strange

I also hate the older kids without costumes. I only give them one piece of candy. :angry: The real trick or treaters get a handfull.

Vixen wore her Halloween bandana and Mom dressed as a Black Eyed Pea. :P We had a blast and saw some very creative costumes!

I have a pretty good Marvin the Martian costume that my wife and I made. It got loaned out last year and I got the pics. They aren't digital so I will have to find a scanner so that I can post them in the cafe after I return home. Perhaps next year I'll be able to wear it and play chaperone to some kids. I spose it'd be kewl to go trick or treating with a 6.5 foot tall Marvin. :lol:

Well originally, the Halloween Eve the 30th, but that flight was cancelled.

Then it WAS the 1st of Nov, but that also was cancelled.

Now it's the 2nd of Nov, still pending...

If this one is cancelled as well, I'm posting in the prayer thread.

But for now I'm still in Iraq.

Don't worry, I still have a good attitude.